Vanderbilt | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Vanderbilt

Reaction Score
Jacy Abii, a 6'1 rising sophomore (class of '26) out of Liberty High School in Frisco, Texas has received a Vandy offer following last weekend's AAU play. She was one of the top freshmen in the country last season and has been invited to try out for the 16U national team. Has 25+ offers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Marnelle Garraud, who played her grad year at Vandy for coach Ralph after graduating from Boston College, has signed to play professionally in Spain. She arrived on campus with a reputation more as a defender but wound up leading the SEC in made 3-pointers. She and fellow grad transfer Ciaja Harbison (St. Louis) basically kept an injury-riddled team afloat.

I can't speak or read Spanish, but I think it says something like, "Marnelle had a real good time in Nashville, and all great basketball players should go to Vandy and play for coach Ralph." :D

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Marnelle Garraud, who played her grad year at Vandy for coach Ralph after graduating from Boston College, has signed to play professionally in Spain. She arrived on campus with a reputation more as a defender but wound up leading the SEC in made 3-pointers. She and fellow grad transfer Ciaja Harbison (St. Louis) basically kept an injury-riddled team afloat.

I can't speak or read Spanish, but I think it says something like, "Marnelle had a real good time in Nashville, and all great basketball players should go to Vandy and play for coach Ralph." :D

I let google translate the article in the tweet link

DEPT. COMUNICACIÓN BEMBIBRE PDM

As every season, Embutidos Pajariel Bembibre discovers American rookies for the Endesa Women's League and European basketball. It is a great virtue to successfully repeat the formula every summer, although in many cases it is impossible to retain these players. Marnelle Garraud, a 170-centimeter tall guard who joins the Berciano team after playing the last five seasons in the United States University League, arrives with the same premise. (NCAA), first with the Boston College Eagles and last season with the Vandervilt Commodores.

Born almost 23 years ago in the US town of Lynn, in the state of Massachusetts, Garraud finished her university career at Vanderbilt, where she also played a well-known face among the Bercian fans such as Erin Whalen and the Avenida Perfumeries player Mariella Fasoula, who also He played at Boston College, where Garraud began his college career and earned several awards in four seasons before moving to Nashville. There, in her last season, she averaged almost 14 points in the 31 games she played. She added an average of 3 rebounds and 2 assists with field goal percentages close to 40%.

There was more at the link below, google translated

Reaction Score
I let google translate the article in the tweet link

DEPT. COMUNICACIÓN BEMBIBRE PDM

As every season, Embutidos Pajariel Bembibre discovers American rookies for the Endesa Women's League and European basketball. It is a great virtue to successfully repeat the formula every summer, although in many cases it is impossible to retain these players. Marnelle Garraud, a 170-centimeter tall guard who joins the Berciano team after playing the last five seasons in the United States University League, arrives with the same premise. (NCAA), first with the Boston College Eagles and last season with the Vandervilt Commodores.

Born almost 23 years ago in the US town of Lynn, in the state of Massachusetts, Garraud finished her university career at Vanderbilt, where she also played a well-known face among the Bercian fans such as Erin Whalen and the Avenida Perfumeries player Mariella Fasoula, who also He played at Boston College, where Garraud began his college career and earned several awards in four seasons before moving to Nashville. There, in her last season, she averaged almost 14 points in the 31 games she played. She added an average of 3 rebounds and 2 assists with field goal percentages close to 40%.

There was more at the link below, google translated

I stand by my translation. :p

Reaction Score
First commitment for '24, which is likely to be a small class. I predict two players, but I guess three isn't out of the question. Trinity Wilson plays on the North Tartan EYBL team with Aaliyah Crump and Maddyn Greenway. The latter also has a Vandy offer while the former is playing for team USA's 16U team in Mexico for the Americas championship.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
After a delay of more than a week for visa problems, Agata Makurat made it to Nashville this week. I'm really excited about her. Also nice to see Justine Pissott in the photo with her.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
After a delay of more than a week for visa problems, Agata Makurat made it to Nashville this week. I'm really excited about her. Also nice to see Justine Pissott in the photo with her.

Is there anything that said what the hold up was with her visa?

Reaction Score
Is there anything that said what the hold up was with her visa?
Not sure what the problem was. She seemed to be getting ready to arrive about the same time as the other freshmen, then she said she was still waiting on her visa, and it looked like it would be a week or two before she arrived. That turned out to be true. I suspect it was just run-of-the-mill bureaucracy problems. As you know, her parents are veterans at this, and none of them seemed to be panicky about it. I, on the other hand, was starting to worry. That's my job. :eek:

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Not sure what the problem was. She seemed to be getting ready to arrive about the same time as the other freshmen, then she said she was still waiting on her visa, and it looked like it would be a week or two before she arrived. That turned out to be true. I suspect it was just run-of-the-mill bureaucracy problems. As you know, her parents are veterans at this, and none of them seemed to be panicky about it. I, on the other hand, was starting to worry. That's my job. :eek:
Now that she's finally here, I hope things work out well for both her and the 'Dores.

Reaction Score
Now that she's finally here, I hope things work out well for both her and the 'Dores.
She seems like a great kid. Of course, coach Ralph and the family are familiar with each other since Anna played for her at UConn. Agata committed to the Dores last June, but in September, coach Ralph and Kevin Demille visited the family in Poland. I'd say that's a pretty solid indication how dedicated the staff is to her. Aga's mom noted how special it was for them to fly across the Atlantic to have dinner with the family.

Reaction Score
Leah Macy made an official visit over the weekend. She’s ranked #11 by ESPN Hoopgurlz. A 6’2 class of ’25 who plays at Mercy Academy in Kentucky and summer ball for Kentucky Premier. She has a boat load of offers but will be hard to pry away from Jeff Walz and Louisville. She has said she started attending Cardinal games as a child and has referred to Walz and his staff as “like family.” Dang it. Still, she does seem to like Vandy (this was her second visit), so hope springs eternal. Aside from her obvious skills, I love her demeanor on the floor. She somehow manages to play the game without yelling, gesturing and thumping the chest.

One of her Premier teammates, 6’0 guard Ciara Byars, also has a Vandy offer and made an unofficial visit in recent days. She’s also a ’25 player.

Reaction Score
Leah Macy made an official visit over the weekend. She’s ranked #11 by ESPN Hoopgurlz. A 6’2 class of ’25 who plays at Mercy Academy in Kentucky and summer ball for Kentucky Premier. She has a boat load of offers but will be hard to pry away from Jeff Walz and Louisville. She has said she started attending Cardinal games as a child and has referred to Walz and his staff as “like family.” Dang it. Still, she does seem to like Vandy (this was her second visit), so hope springs eternal. Aside from her obvious skills, I love her demeanor on the floor. She somehow manages to play the game without yelling, gesturing and thumping the chest.

One of her Premier teammates, 6’0 guard Ciara Byars, also has a Vandy offer and made an unofficial visit in recent days. She’s also a ’25 player.

Wasn't Chloe Kitts considered a lock too?

Reaction Score
Wasn't Chloe Kitts considered a lock too?
For Vandy? I don't think we recruited her. Maybe you're talking about Louisville. If so, I'm not sure.

Mizzou and UGA are not exactly bad options for home and home (in addition to the permanent Lady Vols).
Much better than last year when we got home and away with LSU in addition to UT. Georgia and Missouri are two of the teams we eventually have to track down to move up in the standings. I'm not saying we're ready to take them, but it's good to have two shots at each of them. Unless they beat our brains out, of course.

By the way, when we played Georgia at home last year, they literally didn't miss at shot in the first quarter until a long, last-second heave to end the period. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. And, they weren't exactly an offensive juggernaut. It was one of those tough-to-be-a-Vandy-fan days.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For Vandy? I don't think we recruited her. Maybe you're talking about Louisville. If so, I'm not sure.

Much better than last year when we got home and away with LSU in addition to UT. Georgia and Missouri are two of the teams we eventually have to track down to move up in the standings. I'm not saying we're ready to take them, but it's good to have two shots at each of them. Unless they beat our brains out, of course.

By the way, when we played Georgia at home last year, they literally didn't miss at shot in the first quarter until a long, last-second heave to end the period. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. And, they weren't exactly an offensive juggernaut. It was one of those tough-to-be-a-Vandy-fan days.

Yes, Louisville. She was a lock and supposedly committed. Then de-committed and went to SC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom