UConn vs Miami Final Four | Page 15 | The Boneyard

UConn vs Miami Final Four

Reaction Score
It's not the fouls called on us, it's the fouls they don't call on them.

We’ve been called for 18 fouls per game. Our opponents for 17 fouls per game. The average team in the country is called fir 16.8 fouls per game.

And your conclusion is that the refs aren’t calling fouls on our opponents?

Reaction Score
Part of the coaching staff's job and the player's responsibility -in a game of this magnitude-- is to read how the refs are going to call the game and adjust/adapt if or when needed. Scouting the refs and their tendencies is part of that once we know which crew is reffing our game.

I am confident that we will have the ability to make in-game adjustments by the time of the first media timeout. We have the bench that no one in the FF has-- to exhaust our allotment of fouls strategically. Game on.

Reaction Score
What makes me nervous is they haven't had an obvious matchup advantage against a #4, #1, and #2 seed, and beat all of them.

The matchup is fine. They have something intangible going that we're going to have to match (which, granted, we have done through 4 games so far).
We have many intangibles. One being TX and FF being our other home away from home.

1680274719159.jpeg

Reaction Score
2006 loss to George Mason is a concern from a karma standpoint. How much were we favored by in that game. I could not watch that one was on a golfing junket in AL. But all the people on the trip gave me updates even though I was avoiding them by shutting off my phone. Laranaga did it to us before but I do think the first round and elite 8 games at least for me carry more pressure.
That team was looking past the whole tournament to the draft. Not bad kids. My fave team ever. Until now. This team is connected. Focused and realizes the bigger picture for our program

Reaction Score
We don't really need a narrative. We beat the last Kenpom #1, we beat Kenpoms #5 both we're rated higher than us offensively and defensively and both went home. So whats's your narrative? You guys are the new #1? ok

Our shooting percentage has gone up in every game against Kenpoms #1 defense so we don't need to fool ourselves into thinking this team is peaking at the right time. We are.

But so is UConn. Your team, looks great!
It’s nice to be able to rely on our offensive or defensive side. With one clicking we are 5 pt favorites. With both 15.

Reaction Score
I've been lurking on the Miami board and they all seem to be so hung up on Omier vs Adama rebounding matchup. They keep saying how much better of a rebounder Omier is strickly because of his RPG stats and how that will give the huskies an issue....Little do they know we have 6 guys that average 4+ rebounds a game, they have 3. Can't wait for this game!!!

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Where does this kind of myth come from? According to Sports Illustrated, Miller has the wingspan of someone 6’10”. But what advantage does that give him over someone who’s 6’9” with a normal wingspan for his height? Even with those long arms, he’s still starting out from a base that’s 2-3” lower than Sanogo. The long arms compensate for him being shorter, but they don’t give him an advantage.

More important is the fact that Miller is giving away 40 pounds who plays the game the way that Shaq did except with more moves. Have you not seen Sanogo play?

The idea that Miller can be effective guarding Sanogo is just crazy.
All comes down to neck length

Reaction Score
So, because I don’t buy into the conspiracy theory that the refs colluded to favor Providence in our loss to them, that makes me a a Providence fan? LOL. You’re an idiot.

Only here on the BY do basketball fans accept this nonsense as undisputed fact. It’s one thing to be rabid for your team, it’s something else to be delusional. If you hadn’t noticed, this year’s team had a problem of fouling too much. At one point it was in the top 50 in the country in fouls committed - out of 362 teams. That’s improved, but they’re still in the top 100. We’ve averaged 18 fouls per game whereas schools like Creighton are averaging only 13 and the national leaders are averaging 12+.

But go ahead and blame the refs. Good thing the coaches haven’t accepted that strategy. The fact that the team has improved shows that it was recognized as a problem and that it’s something they’ve worked on. Obviously the BY is the wrong place to try to be objective.
Yup, called it.

A bunch of meaningless, cherry-picked numbers followed by an emotion dump with a dollop of name-calling.

Billly Jack, I get the impression that you are somehow simultaneously 12 and 70 years old. But don't ever stop--you gotta do you.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The only way I want Jeff Anderson to be on that court is in a capacity as a drum major of a marching band.

I have spoken!

Reaction Score
The Miami fans are a weird bunch. If you go over to their board, just so much grievance about how UConn fans all think they’re going to roll over Miami and super confident they’ll win. Meanwhile, the percentage of their fans that think UConn has a pretty good chance to win is definitely far less than the percentage of folks on here that think Miami could win this one.

Reaction Score
Here's where our first four opponents ranked in three point distribution (offense) and adjusted efficiency (defense):

Iona: 280/74
St. Mary's 157/9
Arkansas: 358/17
Gonzaga: 306/73

Miami: 259/104

We are 68/11. 3&D is modern basketball. Anything can happen, but I'm not worried.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom