UCONN - Marquette postgame thread (merged) | The Boneyard

UCONN - Marquette postgame thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Not sure what to say. Outplayed and outmaneuvered - this team was sluggish and looked just tired. I think the hits that have kept on coming have just worn them down. You can tell they are mentally and physically exhausted. It's too bad because I keep thinking of "what could have been".

I really didn't expect this, but I think some did. They played their hearts out against SC, but had nothing, really, for this game. The steak of not losing consecutive games that lasted almost 30 years has come to an end.

Bummed for them, but tomorrow is a new day - on to the next. Praying that healthy players come back soon! Congrats to Marquette...

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Marquette played a very good game, and we didn't really compete. So many mental errors, and bad bounces, and soft hands, and missed assignments. They need to examine this one, rest up, and commit to fixing the crap. Let's finish strong. Go Huskies!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the Marquette game:
  • You’re never sure how a team will respond after an emotional loss in a Big Game. UConn’s response today after the SC game on Sunday was not what anyone had in mind.
  • After Dorka scored in the low post on the first two offensive possessions, I really felt that UConn would score at will in the low post. But when the Huskies struggled to hit outside shots, that allowed Marquette to pack it in on defense, making it very difficult for Dorka, Aliayah & Aubrey to post up. UConn desperately needs another shooter or two on the court to spread the floor!!!
  • UConn had navigated the toughest part of their schedule, and despite all the injuries, they still had a realistic road in front of them to a #1 seed in the Big Dance. After losing to Marquette today, all bets are off. UConn now needs to regroup, and somehow fix an engine that's leaking oil.
  • UConn's starting 5 played the entire second half without substitution.
  • Congratulations to Lou on reaching 2000 points. That’s a lofty plateau in college basketball.
  • A 30-year streak ended tonight as UConn lost 2 games in a row for the first time since 1993.
  • I have a thing on Saturday, so I would ask Eric or another BY’er to handle the Georgetown postgame thread. I’ll be back for the Creighton game on the 15th.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
No outside shots were falling, again Lou had physical defenders and nobody else could consistently step up. We couldn't even get the inside game going after late in the first quarter. The subs played, not much of an effect.
Feel really bad for our starters...having to play their butts off game after game after game.

Reaction Score
We miss having another shooter on the floor. We need Azzi, but she's likely weeks away from returning.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
empty
tank.png

Reaction Score
Congrats to Marquette, they played an excellent game. Is was sorta nice to see someone else celebrate. For us, just too many injuries and nothing left in the tank. I kept watching AE not able to hold on to the ball and thought… she’s just spent.

Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the Marquette game:
  • You’re never sure how a team will respond after an emotional loss in a Big Game. UConn’s response today after the SC game on Sunday was not what anyone had in mind.
  • After Dorka scored in the low post on the first two offensive possessions, I really felt that UConn would score at will in the low post. But when the Huskies struggled to hit outside shots, that allowed Marquette to pack it in on defense, making it very difficult for Dorka, Aliayah & Aubrey to post up. UConn desperately needs another shooter or two on the court to spread the floor!!!
  • UConn had navigated the toughest part of their schedule, and despite all the injuries, they still had a realistic road in front of them to a #1 seed in the Big Dance. After losing to Marquette today, all bets are off. UConn now needs to regroup, and somehow fix an engine that's leaking oil.
  • UConn's starting 5 played the entire second half without substitution.
  • Congratulations to Lou on reaching 2000 points. That’s a lofty plateau in college basketball.
  • A 30-year streak ended tonight as UConn lost 2 games in a row for the first time since 1993.
  • I have a thing on Saturday, so I would ask Eric or another BY’er to handle the Georgetown postgame thread. I’ll be back for the Creighton game on the 15th.
Great post. You said pretty much everything I was. I won't add anything negative about the team.

Duffy is a solid, classy coach, and Marquette earned the win tonight.

But I disagree with those who say losing the #1 seed doesn't matter. Tonight we just inherited a much tougher road to the Final Four, through a 3 seed. And I hope we get more firepower back for the game at 'Nova.

Reaction Score
Marquette got the job done, we didn’t.
Too many games this season just not worth rewatching.
All the minutes taking their toll.
Everybody is smarter than this but seem to be doubling down on stupid.
Nothing and nobody is going to turn it around unless they start doing the simple fundamentals like earlier in the season.
Need to rest, recharge, get a grip on themselves and loosen up and ENJOY playing again.
IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer