UConn Football Summer/Fall of 2017 - Camp REStorred | Page 10 | The Boneyard

UConn Football Summer/Fall of 2017 - Camp REStorred

Reaction Score
IMG_0081.JPG
Has there been any news on Ryan Fitton, freshman TE out of Staples High in Westport since practice started? All FCIAC and All State.
6'4" 240. Wondering if they're gonna redshirt him?

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
The present and the future??? View attachment 24049

i hope so, i think you redshirt washington, pindell starts with BS as your back up. MW is the future of this program i feel it in my gut, after watching his HS tape year ago i loved this kid and everything we have sen so far has confirmed that for me.

Reaction Score

>>At Monday’s practice, Skanes caught multiple touchdown passes from David Pindell during red zone drills including one highlight variety diving catch in the end zone as he was seeing first-team reps along with Tyraiq Beals and Hergy Mayala.<<

>>If a two-deep chart were to be released today, running backs Nate Hopkins and Ja’Kevious Vickers, offensive linemen Cam DeGeorge and Nino Leone in addition to Skanes and fellow receiver Keyion Dixon would be among the redshirt freshmen pushing hard for spots on either the first or second team<<

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
What's a punt return?
A punt return happen when a ball come down...bang.... from a nutter kicker you know...and the player that catch the ball, he run to the utter side of the field away from the utter players. If he get tackled then play stop ...and then start up again

Reaction Score
Well, we know what Bryant can do. If Pindell starts, that means we have gotten an upgrade at QB. Should be interesting.
Can't forget Pindell is an Edsall/Lashlee pick while Shirreffs is the incumbent from prior staff. Could just want to go with his guy, but I hope you're right.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Can't forget Pindell is an Edsall/Lashlee pick while Shirreffs is the incumbent from prior staff. Could just want to go with his guy, but I hope you're right.
RE doesn't strike as a guy who give up wins over something a dumb as that. He'll go with the best guy.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Randy doesn't believe in preseason games during the season. Sherriffs worked the entire spring practice. It makes sense to give the guys arriving on campus in the fall an early look. Pindell getting prime snaps now doesn't mean much. If he is still running the 1's next week then we'll talk.

Or you can skim the daily practice coverage for turnovers. RE 1.0 played the guy who protected the ball.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Randy doesn't believe in preseason games during the season. Sherriffs worked the entire spring practice. It makes sense to give the guys arriving on campus in the fall an early look. Pindell getting prime snaps now doesn't mean much. If he is still running the 1's next week then we'll talk.

Or you can skim the daily practice coverage for turnovers. RE 1.0 played the guy who protected the ball.

You've seen the INT's as well?

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score

OK, I'm a little lazy to go and look this up but, have we ever scrimmaged 1/3 of the way through fall camp before? Maybe we did with RE v1. Regardless, it seems this is the new staff's way of "stressing" (see recent interview with OL coach JB Grimes) the talent to separate the 1's and 2's from the 3's so they can focus on the 1's and 2's the remainder of camp and develop some unit cohesion. I'm thinking OL and QB here, mainly.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
OK, I'm a little lazy to go and look this up but, have we ever scrimmaged 1/3 of the way through fall camp before? Maybe we did with RE v1. Regardless, it seems this is the new staff's way of "stressing" (see recent interview with OL coach JB Grimes) the talent to separate the 1's and 2's from the 3's so they can focus on the 1's and 2's the remainder of camp and develop some unit cohesion. I'm thinking OL and QB here, mainly.

I am too lazy too, but I believe a once a week scrimmage was the norm under Diaco too.

Reaction Score

If they "scrimmaged" today as AD Dave alludes - this is at least #2 since camp started on the 29th by my count.

Reaction Score

>>Carrezola is now exclusively a defensive end in coordinator Billy Crocker’s 3-3-5 defense, while Stapleton has found a home at outside linebacker.

“My position has definitely changed,” Stapleton said. “I am more of a traditional linebacker instead of the defensive end/linebacker I was playing before. My hand is not in the dirt as much, but I am still going to get down there from time to time. But I think it is cool that even though he is at defensive end and I am at linebacker, we both get to play at the same time which is really great. We always used to joke of who is going to become the first true d-lineman and he got the spot. Pretty soon he’ll be a 3-technique (interior defensive lineman).”>>

>>“Under Coach (Bob) Diaco, we were more of a conservative defense, bend but don’t break, now we are more attacking,” Britton said. “We are going to give up big plays but we are also going to get some big plays. I feel like I am better suited for the defense.<<

Last edited:
Reaction Score
>>“Under Coach (Bob) Diaco, we were more of a conservative defense, bend but don’t break, now we are more attacking,” Britton said. “We are going to give up big plays but we are also going to get some big plays. I feel like I am better suited for the defense.<<
How does everyone feel about this? Big plays are bound to happen against any defense, but this quote makes it sound like they're expected to happen. Crocker's new defense, is attacking and forces turnovers but hopefully doesn't give up too many big plays.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom