Men - UConn Baseball 2024 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Men UConn Baseball 2024

Reaction Score

Top 25 Consideration: 15 More Teams To Watch​

From D1baseball. No mention of UConn. IMO this is probably a reflection of our lack of power this year and somewhat unproven pitching.

On the bright side, with our extremely strong OOC slate and relatively under-the-radar preseason (nationally speaking), we have the opportunity to sneak up on some teams.

Reaction Score

Top 25 Consideration: 15 More Teams To Watch​

From D1baseball. No mention of UConn. IMO this is probably a reflection of our lack of power this year and somewhat unproven pitching.

On the bright side, with our extremely strong OOC slate and relatively under-the-radar preseason (nationally speaking), we have the opportunity to sneak up on some teams.
I think you're spot on here. Offensively you're most likely plugging in Padilla. Dalena and Kron/TC for Dom, Huber, and Smitty. This is using the jump-off point from Gainesville. You're going to lose production there it's a question of how much and can the remaining shortfall be "mostly" backfilled from other positions. Of course, someone can emerge and/or improve and things will change.

I'm excited for the starting pitching under the caveat that it stays healthy. As you said schedule is tough and the record won't be as gaudy as last year but it might turn out to be a more well-balanced team than in 2023. They are going to be challenged in Feb/early March so have to get out of the gate well.

Looking forward to getting down to Tampa. Interesting opening weekend against 3 good but beatable opponents. 2 out of 3 would be nice. FYI - St. John's is going to play 3 @ Gainesville with Florida opening weekend. Jumping right into the deep end. Haha.

Reaction Score
FYI - St. John's is going to play 3 @ Gainesville with Florida opening weekend. Jumping right into the deep end. Haha.

Historically, St. John's has generally been one of the better baseball teams in the Big East. They have won 9 Big East Tournaments, the most in conference history. They won some of these Tournaments when teams like Louisville and Notre Dame were in the Big East. St. John's baseball has taken a fall for the last several years ago. It would really help the conference if St. John's baseball returned to their ability before they took this recent this down turn.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to the preseason interviews with Chris Jones and the coaching staff about the players on the team. Always an interesting listen.
DB do u know if those interviews will be available on UConn + or strictly X?

Reaction Score
DB do u know if those interviews will be available on UConn + or strictly X?

In the past they have been made known on X. They will get posted to the Boneyard, so you won't miss them.

Reaction Score

Luke Broadhurst is ranked at No. 33 for 1B. Last season I think Broadhurst pretty much played exclusively at the D.H. spot.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Luke Broadhurst is ranked at No. 33 for 1B. Last season I think Broadhurst pretty much played exclusively at the D.H. spot.

It will be interesting to see when and where Luke Broadhurst plays this season. I think UConn has some decent depth on the team this season. Broadhurst got playing time during fall ball at both 1B and 3B.

Reaction Score

It will be interesting to see when and where Luke Broadhurst plays this season. I think UConn has some decent depth on the team this season. Broadhurst got playing time during fall ball at both 1B and 3B.

I agree DB.

Reaction Score
@uconnsouth

-> UConn Baseball is coming to town! Come cheer on our boys in blue along with the UConn Tampa & South Florida Alumni Network.

Join Husky fans, alums, and friends at our reserved 3rd base pavilion as we take on Indiana State University. Come enjoy a delicious BBQ Buffet and drinks.

This registration is for the Husky Hangout and includes the game ticket(s) at $20.00 per person. <

Reaction Score
Has there been any news coming out of camp considering we’re 2 weeks out…? Weekend staff outlook? Setup/closer roles? CF? Etc etc. I haven’t seen anything posted on this platform at least.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom