UConn -7.5 v. Providence | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn -7.5 v. Providence

Reaction Score
We beat Creighton by 9 at Gampel in January. That seems like playing a good game to me. And I’m not sure why you’d said “besides Marquette”, anyway. Of course it seems like we haven’t played as well when you ignore the times we played well!
We ll see. Hope I’m wrong. Let’s see what happens tmrw and Saturday. Then I’lll agree , we ve been playing better as of late

Reaction Score
If it’s within 10 with 4 minutes left grab a handful of antacids for the cluster that follows.
I’d expect a typical BE nail biter even OT but seems the bookies know something and we win by double digits? I think PC is only 5-7 away from home.

Reaction Score
I’d expect a typical BE nail biter even OT but seems the bookies know something and we win by double digits? I think PC is only 5-7 away from home.
I just want us to rolll and put the clowns away early so we don’t have suffer through the close out wilt.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I feel like the team is ready to womp providence. I like us winning by double digits
Very possible. I hope you're right. Because we are going to have to do exactly that to come out with a W. Does anyone like us with a 4 point margin either way (them up or us up) with 5 minutes left in the game? That is the scenario I dread. Providence is one of the best teams Ive seen this year playing with poise in the stretch. We (to put it delicately) are the opposite.

This doesn't mean I think we are going to lose. I actually think we are going to win. The way this team wins is by womping you. So we need the womp!

Reaction Score
Very possible. I hope you're right. Because we are going to have to do exactly that to come out with a W. Does anyone like us with a 4 point margin either way (them up or us up) with 5 minutes left in the game? That is the scenario I dread. Providence is one of the best teams Ive seen this year playing with poise in the stretch. We (to put it delicately) are the opposite.

This doesn't mean I think we are going to lose. I actually think we are going to win. The way this team wins is by womping you. So we need the womp!
This is why I would take either UConn -7.5 or Providence +280, or both!

Reaction Score

Oh boy, I hope it isn't close and UConn demolishes them, it doesn't have to be on the level of the Marquette game, but a close game gives me no confidence in UConn. Providence is much more poised in close games for sure.

Reaction Score
I would take the under. We know our defense always shows up and Cooley has enough capable bodies to make it hard for us. I think it's been bet down from 144 to 142 overnight.

Orc

Reaction Score
Hate to be Debbie Downer but I am predicting a Providence win. UConn has to prove to me they can close against a good team.
Providence is a bad match for this fouling machine Uconn team. I think Hopskin will get the Uconn bigs in foul trouble and goes off for 25+ pts tonight. I think Providence wins this one

Reaction Score
the only issue with that is if UConn wins by less than 7.5 you get screwed and lose both bets.
Yes, that is indeed the risk.

But say you bet:
1) 110 to win 210 on UConn -7.5, plus
2) 55 to win 209 on Providence +280

So, rounding, you're in for 165 and stand to win 210 (+45 profit) if it falls outside of that margin. If you fall in the "moat" less than 20% of the time, it's profitable.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Calculating Zach Galifianakis GIF by filmeditor

Reaction Score
hayman with the haymaker!
not in spiritual agreement, but i do luv me some new/infrequent posters tossin napalm, so that's good.
yet
it ain't good to be a jive turkey Haman this close to the festival of lots. they strung him up, too, tho mebbe it was his 3 corner hat. they make a pretty dry pastry (pastry, ya, as if. cough, choke) for the holiday shaped like that. a blob of poppy seed sludge wrapped in a pound of lorna doone dough- not a cookie! even in persia! now that i think on this, im sure stella doro came up with that scam. lol.
If it's any consolation I am praying I am wrong!

Reaction Score
Providence is a bad match for this fouling machine Uconn team. I think Hopskin will get the Uconn bigs in foul trouble and goes off for 25+ pts tonight. I think Providence wins this one
Agreed

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I felt a lot more confident going into the Marquette game. I don't like how we matchup to Providence. Wouldn't touch this line.

On the plus side, they rely quite a bit on drawing fouls, and that will be less of an advantage for them at Gampel. And I think our interior defense has improved since the last time we played them.

I/we've said it before and I'll say it again- we go as far as Newton and Hawkins want to take us from here on out. We need them to overcome any Bryce Hopkins bullying that happens in the painted area.

This game I want to win more than any other game except that Creighton game at Gampel. I was in the building for the game at PC this season surrounded by insufferable PC fans, and I want us to kick their faces in. Annoying little brother school.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Yeah, I like the under in this one tonight. UConn has been stout defensively this month. Under 55 points last 2 games. It seems we may have turned a corner there. Conversely providence matches up pretty well with us defensively and we are going to have our hands full with ball pressure.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I feel this is the biggest game of the year for UConn
PC is not the best road team yet if they come to UConn and beat them, especially at Gampel, doesn’t bode well for the post season.
I agree that UConn has to be ahead double digits with 1 minute left, if not DH will wilt and so will the team. This team has no conception how to close out close games with an appearance of being in control.
If DH says Cooley isn’t in his head he is lying to himself and everyone else.
I’m looking for a 12-15 pt UConn win but maybe I’m just kidding myself?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Anyone have an opinion of whether this is good or bad?

Reaction Score
Anyone have an opinion of whether this is good or bad?

He is a Providence fan, then bad.

Edit: I thought you were asking about the poster Kevin McNamara and didn't realize you were asking about the officials. My bad. As for the officials, hmmm... I don't know. JustbrewitMan's post below this one is referring to Jeff Anderson. He officiated the Marquette-Creighton game in Omaha last night and made the foul call on the inbound with 1.2 seconds left that angered the entire stadium and Greg McDermott.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He is a Providence fan, then bad.

Edit: I thought you were asking about the poster Kevin McNamara and didn't realize you were asking about the officials. My bad. As for the officials, hmmm... I don't know. JustbrewitMan's post below this one is referring to Jeff Anderson. He officiated the Marquette-Creighton game in Omaha last night and made the foul call on the inbound with 1.2 seconds left that angered the entire stadium and Greg McDermott.
Kevin is a pretty good reporter. I did mean the refs. I can't find the names of the guys who called the last PC game, don't want any of them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom