UConn -7.5 v. Providence | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn -7.5 v. Providence

Reaction Score
That's a massive number. If any of the top 5 BE teams play, and the line is 7.5, I would take the points every single time.

Kinda surprising how many games between the top 5 don't fall into that range. Back of the napkin math so def a chance i missed or miscounted something here, but ...

More than 7.5 points: Eight games
Involving UConn: vs. Creighton, vs. Marq, at Prov, at X (4)
Not involving us: Creighton-Marq, Prov-Marq, Creighton-Prov, X-Creighton (4)

Less than 7.5 points: Nine games
Involving UConn: at Creighton, at Marq, vs. X (3)
Not involving us: Marq-X, Marq-Prov, Prov-Creighton, Prov-X, X-Marq, Creighton-X (6)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Kinda surprising how many games between the top 5 don't fall into that range. Back of the napkin math so def a chance i missed or miscounted something here, but ...

More than 7.5 points: Eight games
Involving UConn: vs. Creighton, vs. Marq, at Prov, at X (4)
Not involving us: Creighton-Marq, Prov-Marq, Creighton-Prov, X-Creighton (4)

Less than 7.5 points: Nine games
Involving UConn: at Creighton, at Marq, vs. X (3)
Not involving us: Marq-X, Marq-Prov, Prov-Creighton, Prov-X, X-Marq, Creighton-X (6)
Both Xavier games were under 7.5. We were -6 at home and -3 at Xavier.

Considering we were just -5.5 at home against Marquette 2 weeks ago I don't get why anyone is surprised by this line.

Reaction Score
Both Xavier games were under 7.5. We were -6 at home and -3 at Xavier.

Considering we were just -5.5 at home against Marquette 2 weeks ago I don't get why anyone is surprised by this line.
Just to clarify, my post is about the actual result of all these games not the lines

Reaction Score
Tonite's BE results set the table for a shake up in the BE standings before a $2 a beer spanking of Providence at Gampel.. Beat #1 BE team by 15 here.. Show up for Senior Night and get it done.

Reaction Score
UConn has been such a jeckyl and hyde team this year I wouldn't touch that line. The chances of the team blowing out Providence, leading early then fading late but still winning, and losing at home by a few buckets all seem about the same to me. I haven't watched the games lately for reasons but having seen the boxes the last few weeks it seems like the above three scenarios are most likely. Only the first one is likely to produce a -7.5.

Reaction Score
Do those oddsmakers ever even watch Big East basketball?

Reaction Score
Well let’s see, besides Marquette we haven’t played a good game in almost 3 months- besides Marquette , we ve lost to every “tough” team we ve played (since first butler game) and looked pretty blah against seton hall. I know lines , so obviously a simple person takes providence plus the seven and a hook and UConn somehow covers cuz the line makes no sense. why don’t you tell me why you think it should be 7.5? Hope I’m wrong and they win by 30 but eye test says no way

Reaction Score
Well let’s see, besides Marquette we haven’t played a good game in almost 3 months- besides Marquette , we ve lost to every “tough” team we ve played (since first butler game) and looked pretty blah against seton hall.
We beat Creighton by 9 at Gampel in January. That seems like playing a good game to me. And I’m not sure why you’d said “besides Marquette”, anyway. Of course it seems like we haven’t played as well when you ignore the times we played well!

Reaction Score
Well let’s see, besides Marquette we haven’t played a good game in almost 3 months- besides Marquette , we ve lost to every “tough” team we ve played (since first butler game) and looked pretty blah against seton hall. I know lines , so obviously a simple person takes providence plus the seven and a hook and UConn somehow covers cuz the line makes no sense. why don’t you tell me why you think it should be 7.5? Hope I’m wrong and they win by 30 but eye test says no way
Because all of the advanced metrics say the same as Vegas. KenPom has it as UConn -8, BartTorvik has it as UConn -8.9. We're home, on senior night, in a must win game for our seeding in the NCAA tournament.

And despite your claims, we actually have looked significantly better of late. In this most recent 5-2 stretch we're #11 on BartTorvik which is basically right in line with the total season numbers (#7)

Reaction Score
We were -5.5 at home vs Marquette two weeks ago. Marquette is rated higher than PC by every predictive rating metric. The line is obviously going to be higher than it was against Marquette.

It is actually pretty simple. But sure, you "know lines" ha.

Reaction Score
Hate to be Debbie Downer but I am predicting a Providence win. UConn has to prove to me they can close against a good team.
If they can disrupt Newton, they can beat us. I think we know the scenarios by now when we are in trouble.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Hate to be Debbie Downer but I am predicting a Providence win. UConn has to prove to me they can close against a good team.
hayman with the haymaker!
not in spiritual agreement, but i do luv me some new/infrequent posters tossin napalm, so that's good.
yet
it ain't good to be a jive turkey Haman this close to the festival of lots. they strung him up, too, tho mebbe it was his 3 corner hat. they make a pretty dry pastry (pastry, ya, as if. cough, choke) for the holiday shaped like that. a blob of poppy seed sludge wrapped in a pound of lorna doone dough- not a cookie! even in persia! now that i think on this, im sure stella doro came up with that scam. lol.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom