2024 Recruiting: - Tyler Betsey down to 7 schools | Page 16 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Tyler Betsey down to 7 schools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And it's a Catholic university so some importance is placed on academics.

You're thinking of Xavier.

Glad people like the University of Cincinnati. I walked through the campus a few years ago and it wasn't a place I would have liked to spend an extended period of time. But I feel that way about Cincinnati generally. Different strokes.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
You're thinking of Xavier.

Glad people like the University of Cincinnati. I walked through the campus a few years ago and it wasn't a place I would have liked to spend an extended period of time. But I feel that way about Cincinnati generally. Different strokes.
I know more than a couple of people from Ohio, and they always prove to me that the smartest people I know are from Ohio; mostly because when they realized where they were located, they promptly left.

Reaction Score
Cinci is cookin a bit on the recruiting trail. Wes Miller is a good coach. And obviously now they’re in one of the two best basketball leagues in the country. It’s not surprising they’re going to start pulling dudes.
But it’s Cincinnati

Reaction Score
Stephen Colbert had a representative from the state of Ohio on the show and (probably about John Glenn) they were discussing that Ohioians were proud of the fact that they had more astronauts in NASA than any other state. So Colbert then asks, "what is it about Ohio that makes people want to leave the planet?"

Sorry for a non-Betsey post

Reaction Score
It's a public school. If Ohio State was the "University of Ohio" like most states do it, it would be Ohio State.
My bad. Since they aren't a Catholic school, I take back my comments about Cincinnati academics. They suck. .

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Cardi B Drink GIF by MOODMAN

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Wes Miller is a good coach. Thought UNC should've took him over Hubert. Looks like that Rich guy was right about the three teams remaining, though.

Reaction Score
My bad. Since they aren't a Catholic school, I take back my comments about Cincinnati academics. They suck. .
I don't even understand the first point about Catholic schools and academics. I can name dozens that don't seem to care a bit, just off the top of my head

Reactions: Orc
Reaction Score
I don't even understand the first point about Catholic schools and academics. I can name dozens that don't seem to care a bit, just off the top of my head
Notre Dame? Georgetown? Boston College? Villanova? Xavier? Marquette? Providence?..... From an academic perspective, I'd be thrilled with my child attending any of these schools.

Not talking about small colleges, I'm talking about universities.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Notre Dame? Georgetown? Boston College? Villanova? Xavier? Marquette? Providence?..... From an academic perspective, I'd be thrilled with my child attending any of these schools.

Xavier probably doesn't belong with the others. Those schools are fine. There's also Stonehill, Fairfield, Sacred Heart. The point is they aren't any better or worse than other private schools.

Reaction Score

Correlation =\= Causation

Reaction Score

BC had an academic advantage that they squandered. Georgetown too.

People might be shocked to learn this but it's 3x harder to get into Boston U. than it is Boston College, and BU has 3x as many students. Northeastern is much much harder to get into than Georgetown! I saw stats last week that showed G'town with a 20% admit rate. These schools haven't invested in academics. They did the opposite.

I'm not saying they don't care about academics, but they've gone backward in the last 20 yrs.

Reaction Score
BC had an academic advantage that they squandered. Georgetown too.

People might be shocked to learn this but it's 3x harder to get into Boston U. than it is Boston College, and BU has 3x as many students. Northeastern is much much harder to get into than Georgetown! I saw stats last week that showed G'town with a 20% admit rate. These schools haven't invested in academics. They did the opposite.

I'm not saying they don't care about academics, but they've gone backward in the last 20 yrs.
Where are you getting these numbers? You're wrong on everything except the part of Northeastern being harder to get into than Georgetown. And only because Northeastern gets 4 times as many applications because they've done a good job marketing themselves internationally and selling Boston as a great college experience. Georgetown's admission rate is 14% and Northeastern's is 5.6%. Gun to my head though and I would tell you that Georgetown is a "better" school than Northeastern. Don't want to get into why on here.

BU has 2 times as many undergraduates as BC, not 3. BU's admission rate is 11% and BC's is 15%.

Reaction Score
Where are you getting these numbers? You're wrong on everything except the part of Northeastern being harder to get into than Georgetown. And only because Northeastern gets 4 times as many applications because they've done a good job marketing themselves internationally and selling Boston as a great college experience. Georgetown's admission rate is 14% and Northeastern's is 5.6%. Gun to my head though and I would tell you that Georgetown is a "better" school than Northeastern. Don't want to get into why on here.

BU has 2 times as many undergraduates as BC, not 3. BU's admission rate is 11% and BC's is 15%.

Do any of these percentages point towards our chances to get Betsey :eek:

Reaction Score
Xavier probably doesn't belong with the others. Those schools are fine. There's also Stonehill, Fairfield, Sacred Heart. The point is they aren't any better or worse than other private schools.
Holy cross as well

Reaction Score

Well, I got them from a college admissions talk I went to this week run by the head of admissions at U. Chicago.

It was also broken down by Early Admit #s and I was shocked that it used to be much harder to get into those 2 schools than it is now.

My wife went to BC when it had 7k students and I went to BU when we were over 20k, so I thought things were the same. BU seems to have reduced its numbers to 18k, which is likely why its SAT averages rose so high, while BC expanded, which might have corresponded with their drop. Early admits to Georgetown right now gives you an excellent chance of getting in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom