2024 Recruiting: - Tyler Betsey down to 7 schools | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Tyler Betsey down to 7 schools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looks like the ghost of Kevin Ollie could haunt us one last time. Cincy has his last scheduled visit before he commits at this point. Let's see if the staff can get Betsy back to Storrs before he commits.

I think it’s certainly worth watching Tyler Betsey. There’s buzz that the 6-foot-7 wing is getting closer to narrowing his focus and Cincinnati is definitely becoming one of the major players in his process. I’m told an official visit is in the works, and I expect the Bearcats to make a move if that takes place. Betsey has a strong relationship with Bearcat alum Cane Broome, who coaches at his high school.

Nothing is certain when it comes to New Jersey-based star and Cincinnati obviously, but I like Wes Miller’s chances to make noise if he’s able to get the four-star on campus in the early fall. UConn, Indiana and Creighton are among the other schools heavily involved. Obviously, Miller and company are also serious players with Travis Perry and others in 2024.

Basketball Recruiting - Mailbag: Flory Bidunga, Cincinnati, Jalil Bethea, Indiana

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Looks like the ghost of Kevin Ollie could haunt us one last time. Cincy has his last scheduled visit before he commits at this point. Let's see if the staff can get Betsy back to Storrs before he commits.

I think it’s certainly worth watching Tyler Betsey. There’s buzz that the 6-foot-7 wing is getting closer to narrowing his focus and Cincinnati is definitely becoming one of the major players in his process. I’m told an official visit is in the works, and I expect the Bearcats to make a move if that takes place. Betsey has a strong relationship with Bearcat alum Cane Broome, who coaches at his high school.

Nothing is certain when it comes to New Jersey-based star and Cincinnati obviously, but I like Wes Miller’s chances to make noise if he’s able to get the four-star on campus in the early fall. UConn, Indiana and Creighton are among the other schools heavily involved. Obviously, Miller and company are also serious players with Travis Perry and others in 2024.

Basketball Recruiting - Mailbag: Flory Bidunga, Cincinnati, Jalil Bethea, Indiana
this post owns

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

What does KO have to do with this?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Instead of recruiting Cane to UConn, he told him to go to Cincy. Now Cane, who is the Head Coach at Betsey's school, seems to be steering Betsey to Cincy.
Ah I see.

I don’t think Cane was UConn material tbh but understand the irony in this situation.

If Betsey is seriously considering Cincy over us then I don’t think there’s much this staff could do. He just might not be interested in staying home.

Reaction Score
Ah I see.

I don’t think Cane was UConn material tbh but understand the irony in this situation.

If Betsey is seriously considering Cincy over us then I don’t think there’s much this staff could do. He just might not be interested in staying home.
I agree. If you choose to go to Cincy over UConn and Duke...it's certainly a choice. Especially if the goal is to win.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Cinci is less threatening than PC these days, good luck Kobe.
Wait, but Cincinnati is in the…
1691000933595.gif

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
lol Cinci. I suppose they told him they’re coming off a strong year, guess he never looked it up?
Strong is a relative term. The strongest shih tzu is no match for the weakest great dane.

Reaction Score
Who can criticize TB for wanting to matriculate at a powerhouse like U of Cincinnati?
They probably told him it's only been a little over 60 years since we won our last NC and you can help us do it again...........

Reaction Score
Cincinnati, I’ll believe that when I see it . Would be a weird choice over his other options.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
the angst of a mid major when a power conference school gets involved.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I would think think he would want to go someplace serious about winning. Cincy ran off a Final Four coach.

Reaction Score
I know recruiting is fluid, but 'til recently on here Betsey was a heavy UConn lean. Isaiah Abraham signed, maybe that changed things, but some thought there was room for both as they play somewhat different games. We'll see how it shakes out, Cooper Flagg being in the mix here too maybe.

Reaction Score
I know recruiting is fluid, but 'til recently on here Betsey was a heavy UConn lean. Isaiah Abraham signed, maybe that changed things, but some thought there was room for both as they play somewhat different games. We'll see how it shakes out, Cooper Flagg being in the mix here too maybe.
I don't recall that the narrative with Betsey has ever been a heavy UConn lean. More like we had ground to make up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom