Tunes you digging right now | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Tunes you digging right now

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Woke up with this fantastic and underrated song in my head. So, naturally, I had to listen. Since it felt like a song, I incorporated it into Today's Haiku. I've done that before and I think the mojo approves.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
hop off the chair, hit 'play,' carve a few warmups, mebbe a small bump or two, then let it out!

it's snow time.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
note to self: stay off the rails, cuz the only grinders i like come with provolone and mayo. repeat - stay off the rails, and stare at some hawks or bobcats instead.
for a cruiser

and then decide if its a board or a plank day.
imma double-dipper.

Reaction Score
Surprise new album out JAN 13 - and a show at the College Street Music Hall in New Haven on May 6.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Although 47 is a ways back, I do like the groove of this tune.

Anders Osborne - 47

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Just heard this on SiriusXM, nice groove. Looked it up after, one of the two singers uses the stage name Waxahatchee for her solo stuff, I had heard a handful of her songs before.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Went to pick up a pizza and there's a new show on our listener-supported music station, called "We Got the Beat". Mostly 80s stuff that charted somewhere in top 100. My trip only took four songs, but it struck me there were some really well-written and performed stuff from the electronic/non-guitar genre that I'd mostly forgotten about. The one that was playing when I changed the station from sports talk was this, from one of the most-underappreciated singers I can think of. Have to think her post-Yaz solo career just never hit it huge as she was an obese white women when nobody was telling obese white women it was OK to be so. Just a great voice.

Song was written specifically for her by the great Motown songwriting team of Holland, Dozier, Holland.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I was channel surfing on Sirius XM duing a boring drive tonight. They hit me with several songs I'd never heard, from bands I'd never heard of, that I really liked. I tried to make mental notes of the song title and/or band. I've found 3 out of 4. The one I can't find is a cover of the Katrina and the Waves song "Rock and Roll Girl," can't think of the band and can't find anything on You Tube. But to paraphrase Meat Loaf, 3 out of 4 ain't bad. 3 of the songs were on Underground Garage. The other was on one of the metal/hard rock stations. I don't think it was Hair Nation and it definitely wasn't Ozzy's Boneyard, but one of those other stations right around there. Anyway, here's what I could find:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Found out the name of the other one, but can't seem to find the song anywhere. It's by Fifi and the Mach III.

Listened to several more songs from Livingmore, definitely liking that.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Dirty Honey is working for me too. Thanks Sirius XM for giving me several more rabbit holes to go down.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
5/14/23 - last show.

hope the weather is nice, cuz this calls for a big party.

ncis-la rules.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
saw this guy on ray arroyo's news program last week.
apparently, he was a star in the 1950s!

he looks mahvelous, today.
still working it.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
more old school legends still touring today.
luv these guys' tunes.

every single 'reaction reviewer' on utube gets epic views for them when they first listen to this one.
of course they do.
more cowbell, please.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i think that i get a bit mixed up when remembering who played what.
they should just mash both together, and call them 3 dog railroad, or grand funk night. anyway,

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom