Tunes you digging right now | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Tunes you digging right now

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
they say it's gonna get real cold in a few days. colder than a witches feet.
way below zero on the wind thing. meh, can't knock out the incipient heat building beneath us. a few days of it, at most.
this guy's stuff always seems like winter to me. excellent, but always soo cold.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'snots running down his nose, greasy fingers smearing shabby clothes...
drying in the cold sun..
sun streaking cold...
leg hurting bad, as he bends to pick at dog-ends, he goes down to the bog, to warm his feet...

do you still remember December's foggy freeze? when the ice that clings onto your beard with screaming agony....

yikes, makes me froze just listening to it. harsh.

makes me want to kick a fiver to the next homeless person i see. too many of those lately.
how aboot you? will u kick a fiver to someone soon?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
still an epic party tune. folks screaming 'tie me to the bed post!'
folks are weird.
Forgot about that song. Always liked it.

This song (video) always reminds me of parties back in the day.

When The Tequila Runs Out - Dawes

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
yesterday was 'switch' day for us nature insiders. fumbling around for a week or so, spring broke thru with it's annual clarion call of 'the insects are back!' flying and crawling annoyos are on the move, tho many will be toast with the upcoming cold snap. they'll be back soon enough.
this am, the birds were getting all jiggy with it.
I can feel it coming back again
Like a rolling thunder chasing the wind
Forces pulling from the center of the Earth again
I can feel it
I can feel it
I can feel it

the angel sun opens her eyes...
'outsiders' will just have to wait for that day next month when they realize, from the smells and soft ground, that spring has sprung.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
not petula clark's 'downtown,' but i am certain that she approves.
2/3's of a billion viewers seem to.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
pops tells a tale from just past toddler daze ('have i ever told you...' yeah, like a zillion times, thanks for the brain damage..), when, on a very regular sunday trip to Manhattan for more weird food and such, he was walking along with the family somewhere on a street swimming in neon, and clark's 'downtown' was blasting from some store. the whole scene? permanently indelible. a moment in time lasting forever.
he also sez 'good thing they didn't have those weird kid leashes back then, cuz i'd be calling the aspca a lot.' lol.
my view of that scene.

i got stories, many not appropriate for children, or mixed company.
and, in the rearview, if they never happened, i would have missed nothing.
john denver rules.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
There were so many hair metal bands in the 80s. I don't know if I just forgot about these guys, or never knew about them in the first place. But I've heard this several times recently on SiriusXM and I'm likin' it.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The term genius gets tossed around fairly lightly. I think it really does apply with this guy. He can take anything...anything...and match it with a guitar riff that makes it sound like it was always intended to be that way. Apparently it's getting trendy to remix songs with these sisters, there are several EDM versions floating around. Their performance here is intense, goes along nicely with the guitar.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
2 fer tuesday. wait, it's wednesday? nobody told me. feels like thursday anyway.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
sir paully walrus wrote this while kicking back at a farm in Tennessee, 1974.
on the tube, it's been roaring back big time lately (the cover folks, family bands, everyone). the lyrics are obtuse, but who cares? a rocker, and always a fav. i bet some sharp cookie will use it for their stadium.
lets go, lets go, lets go, lets go...

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
ncis la ends in may. looks like navy seal sam is remembering that he was a singer once as he remade this tune last month. mebbe he goes back to that. (tune starts at 1:00)

i hope so.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Pink has a new album coming out, released a bunch of audio only versions of the songs on YouTube the other day. Includes several collabs, here's one with one of my favorite groups First Aid Kit. This really sounds like a First Aid Kit song that features Pink rather than the other way around.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
high art. righteous tune.
muppets, 'get down, get down.'
stop the presses, this beat just came on the tube as an ad for some store i never heard of - 'the brick,' prolly from Canada as i had an oddball news show on. they use the 'get down, get down' refrain to talk aboot their prices. kind of surprised of that in these touchy times, since such a basically cool song may have lyrics to insult. not me.

in honor of lou, and the team,
we'll be singing, when we're winning....

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
and, in honor of dorka, the team, and ol pal munch (rip). belz got knocked down today, so the last one wouldn't work.

uh, oh. while fishing around for this tune, utube popped an ad with love rollarcoaster as the hook. something to do with guardians of the galaxy, disney, whatever. u know, my ohio players love rollarcoaster, copied above in the peppers, beavis, version.
i say 'uh, oh' becuz i have a young relative who swears that my music will never escape her for the rest of her life, regardless if im hooves up, or radio disappears tomorrow.
haha! take that kid! scoreboard! (i learned that last one here.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom