Tunes you digging right now | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Tunes you digging right now

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
stumbled onto a massive demonstration last week on Thanksgiving afternoon, at Madison Ave in Bport. cars, folks, flags, big horns, the whole bit. pretty cool. a Brazilian explosion. some dopey game on the tube, i guess.
nuthin new, seen it before. used to be Italians there. whatever, same big fun. inspired me to turn the game on in the denali. lasted aboot 2 minutes cuz its always the same for me with that game,

way better to go back out into the crowd and enjoy their good time.
i don't speak their language either, but smiles are universal.
could've dressed all up in the stars and stripes, climbed on the roof, and then dive mosh pit into them, cuz they would have caught me, slapped me on the back, and yelled 'good luck!'
it's a Bridgeport thing.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
tunes for a delightful New Englandy sort of day.
grey, rain whipping sideways, not cold but not warm, slop city.
coolaroni.

mebbe i'll make it out later to the store to get some interesting food.
mebbe not.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
it's why the good lord invented college sports.

and doritos.

dogs are wicked smaht. they got this 'life game' down pat.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'good evening America! good evening New York! we came 2000 miles and we want to see you dancing!' (end part)

pros.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
im the relief pitcher, whose job is to drive the tuff spots, usually metro urban places, tho that D-M bridge can freakup some drivers. not me.

when the switcheroo happens, i like to hang a little pirate flag on the taildoors, next to the permanent stars and bars one. they're magnetic.
skull and bones. 3 tons plus, don't pull that 'texting/talking' crap on me in ur foreign matchbox yugo thing. i'll just open the windows, turn it up to 10,
and drop some sweet home alabama on ya.
i should get a fake gold tooth or such for those kodak moments.
eyepatch?
got the deep truck horn, too.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
go Uconn!

333-3332695_connecticut-huskies-uconn-husky-logo-clipart.png

Reaction Score
I've always enjoyed a good droning shoegaze every once in a while. Alvvays has been on my periphery for a few years and I've been hearing them more on the radio and absolutely love this song:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It's less the music here than it is the lead singer. I am not a fan of 98% of heavy metal, but Lzzy is a freak. She's the Andre Jackson of vocals, able to go from Miley Cyrus and Celine Dion to Disturbd and Megadeth. The show starts out with simple pop stuff/ballads, then the heavy stuff starts a bit after 40 minutes in.

I don't know how the woman still has a voice after a tour. And she's a solid stage presence, playing to and with the crowd. Lzzy is one of those unicorns where even if you're not a fan of the music, you have to appreciate the massive talent.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It's less the music here than it is the lead singer. I am not a fan of 98% of heavy metal, but Lzzy is a freak. She's the Andre Jackson of vocals, able to go from Miley Cyrus and Celine Dion to Disturbd and Megadeth. The show starts out with simple pop stuff/ballads, then the heavy stuff starts a bit after 40 minutes in.

I don't know how the woman still has a voice after a tour. And she's a solid stage presence, playing to and with the crowd. Lzzy is one of those unicorns where even if you're not a fan of the music, you have to appreciate the massive talent.

Never heard of them before. She does have vocal versatility.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Since we are doing local acts, I saw these two Saturday night at a Christmas dinner/concert at our local distillery/restaurant. I like some country, but they did a great job on a wide range of tunes, from the Proclaimers to Christmas songs. Jilly Martin has a really nice voice and good range.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I've always enjoyed a good droning shoegaze every once in a while. Alvvays has been on my periphery for a few years and I've been hearing them more on the radio and absolutely love this song:

KEXP has so many good mini concerts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom