Tre Mitchell Update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tre Mitchell Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just he's just messing with us.

Good for him. Enjoy this process. Then do the right thing and become. Husky 4 Life

Reaction Score
I think Tre M is a 4 in college. If he spends another year in HS, He could be the 4 that replaces Akok if Akok leaves after 1 year of play.

Reaction Score
I think Tre M is a 4 in college. If he spends another year in HS, He could be the 4 that replaces Akok if Akok leaves after 1 year of play.

P&R defense w/ him & Kofi at the same time on the court would be a small headache from what I’ve seen/read. I think he’s a perfect 5 w/ a shot blocking 4

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
To me, the dream scenario is Mitchell taking a post-grad year and stepping in if/when Akok goes pro. I’ve come around on him more as a prospect this year and would love to see how another year furthers his development

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Better our uni than anyone elses. Let's see more of these

Reaction Score

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
He’s definitely a 4. He actually has a really nice outside game.

Although I believe we are squarely in the mix for him I’m not completely sold on him in Hurley’s system. If we’re going to play this high possession fast paced style I would rather focus on becoming faster, longer, more athletic, better endurance. Someone like Achiuwa at the 4 or Wahab at the 5 would be ideal. No amount of S&C training can correct short arms(for his size) and a lower center of gravity.

Reaction Score
He’s definitely a 4. He actually has a really nice outside game.

Although I believe we are squarely in the mix for him I’m not completely sold on him in Hurley’s system. If we’re going to play this high possession fast paced style I would rather focus on becoming faster, longer, more athletic, better endurance. Someone like Achiuwa at the 4 or Wahab at the 5 would be ideal. No amount of S&C training can correct short arms(for his size) and a lower center of gravity.

At the end of the day, a good coach prioritizes talent first and foremost. I don't want to miss out on the next Colson or Niang because they don't fit the prototype. But you are right, he would for best with a shot blocker. If Akok is really 6'10, and we don't land Kofi, he is going to be playing more 5 than most expect. I really want to see us with Kofi at the 5 but I love that we have great options.

UconnU

Reaction Score
At the end of the day, a good coach prioritizes talent first and foremost. I don't want to miss out on the next Colson or Niang because they don't fit the prototype. But you are right, he would for best with a shot blocker. If Akok is really 6'10, and we don't land Kofi, he is going to be playing more 5 than most expect. I really want to see us with Kofi at the 5 but I love that we have great options.
I think you mean Akok at the 5? I agree that we should play Akok at the 5 precisely 0 minutes against high major teams. When I hear Akok at the 5 all I can think of is 2009 when we played Majok at the 5 because we didn’t have a true C.

C

Chief00

We basically have no returning Bigs, based on what Chief has observed this season. We need 2 more, in addition to Akok, to have even a minimum rotation up front.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Although I would much rather have pure athletes and shot blockers, passing up on a big man with any kind of an athletic pulse is not feasible for the program at the moment.

UconnU

Reaction Score
We basically have no returning Bigs, based on what Chief has observed this season. We need 2 more, in addition to Akok, to have even a minimum rotation up front.
Polley? He’ll be back for sure. Although people have said his natural position is the 3, I don’t see it. He has a tough time guarding more mobile 4s as it is.

Reaction Score
Agreed, good players can play in any system.

Reaction Score
I think you mean Akok at the 5? I agree that we should play Akok at the 5 precisely 0 minutes against high major teams. When I hear Akok at the 5 all I can think of is 2009 when we played Majok at the 5 because we didn’t have a true C.

Majok was ten million percent a college 5.

pj

Reaction Score
Polley? He’ll be back for sure. Although people have said his natural position is the 3, I don’t see it. He has a tough time guarding more mobile 4s as it is.

I think what Chief means is that if we get Kofi, Tre Mitchell, Akok, and Precious, none of our current bigs will see time next year, and may be advised to that effect at the end of the season.

C

Chief00

On offense Polley’s best spot is 20 feet away from the basket. His rebounding numbers speak for themselves. He’s a lengthy 2 who’s not a great dribbler or more likely a 3 who can’t defend in the post. Precious, would be a 3 but would be part of a Bigs rotation - both in terms of rebounding, defense and offensive arsenal. We need three to four guys in that rotation. Right now I pencil in one (Akok). Kofi and Precious would give us three. Mitchell a fourth, who could rotate between the 5 and 4 positions. Of course, there are backup plans and another Big is right behind Kofi.

Reaction Score
Every successful program requires a player like Mitchell who can do a bit of everything well (his conditioning will improve). Hope we’re also taking a hard look at his teammate Matt Cross for 2020; love his game.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Mitchell looks like someone that DH and staff can work with at the 4 spot over a 3-4 year period and has the athletic ability to be a nice player - plus he looks great in a Husky uniform.
But he doesn't address the biggest need that this program has had for years - a real 5
Again, if Tre wants to commit - that is really great

Reaction Score
I really like Tre's game think he'd be a nice catch for sure. Actually if we got him and Wahab I'd be happy as hell (that's with Kofi not a given!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom