Tre Mitchell Update | The Boneyard

Tre Mitchell Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
At this point everything is in table for him. If he did a post grad year not sure another year at Woodstock is the best decision. He should consider a NEPSAC school like Vermont Academy or a Brewster if he wants more exposure with the hopes of adding offers.

pj

Reaction Score
At this point everything is in table for him. If he did a post grad year not sure another year at Woodstock is the best decision. He should consider a NEPSAC school like Vermont Academy or a Brewster if he wants more exposure with the hopes of adding offers.

Maybe he has a UConn scholarship reserved if he waits a year, and he prefers that to attending another school. If a scholarship is available next year, he'll be at UConn.

If it's not that, why not attend Notre Dame instead of Woodstock Academy?

Reaction Score

Woodstock Academy is ranked #2 in the country and has at least 10 kids going to a Division 1 school next year, he is getting plenty of exposure there. His family lives in Woodstock as well, highly doubtful he will be leaving to go to another school if he stays.

BCF

Reaction Score

Woodstock is an elite prep school. They compete with the likes of Brewster, PSA, and nmh every year. Excellent facilities and coach. They have had over 200 coaches visit there gym in the first month of the season. And as far as Vermont academy, they are not in the level of Woodstock academy.

Reaction Score
This would explain why he hasn't committed.

I would say this is pro UConn, but will we have room for him in 19-20? Seems like we will only have two scholarships available for that class.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I would say this is pro UConn, but will we have room for him in 19-20? Seems like we will only have two scholarships available for that class.

Don't worry about that. There will likely be transfers, and maybe even a pro defection. You just never know

Reaction Score
was really gonna be hoping for tre if we didn't get kofi this year. could this impact the wahab recruitment?

if we let wahab sign elsewhere and then miss on kofi we up a creek at center.

conversely, even if we do land kofi, he's surely a two year player at least, so tre wouldn't want to come next season either.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
was really gonna be hoping for tre if we didn't get kofi this year. could this impact the wahab recruitment?

if we let wahab sign elsewhere and then miss on kofi we up a creek at center.

conversely, even if we do land kofi, he's surely a two year player at least, so tre wouldn't want to come next season either.
Gotta read the tea leaves here. We have backed off Mitchell and Wahab. What does that tell you? :)

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Gotta read the tea leaves here. We have backed off Mitchell and Wahab. What does that tell you? :)
Where do you think we stand with PA?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I think it will come down to us and Kansas.
Nice. I think he’s a very very important piece because he gives us what we lack, a versatile athletic lock down defender.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Mitchell can play 4/5, and Akok at least thinks he might be a one and done, so there could easily be room.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
a one and done after a semester without playing? i do agree tre can play the 4/5 but i was assuming akok would return next year.

??? Akok, came early but is expect to play 2019-20. This thread is focusing on Mitchell taking a post grad year 2019-20 and reclassifying to the 2020-21 class. Or did I read it wrong?

C

Chief00

As Chief has indicated, Coach Hurley has focused on his priority target at each position. Sure there are Plan B’s but he is doing an incredible grind to obtain the Plan A guys. Having said, that one needs to pay attention to the calendar. Nothing is forever,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom