Transfers - Outbound (8/1/22>7/31/23 cycle) | Page 25 | The Boneyard

Transfers - Outbound (8/1/22>7/31/23 cycle)

Reaction Score

How good will Cincinnati be in there first year without Fickell? I doubt they going to run the exact same schemes. Satterfield is a very good coach so hopefully this gives Aaron a nice shot to continue his success.

Reaction Score
WR room is crowded, have 5 transfers, some that have produced similar numbers on P5 teams and two highly rated freshmen coming in.
Well I'll eat crow here, I thought this was about playing time, but it looks like he knew a P5 offer was possible.

Good for him.

Reaction Score
This hurts. I was hoping he'd be a good one for us. Keep the pipeline opened for CT kids.
Me too, he looked to be a very good (but raw) athlete. He also played hoops and was decent and IMO that may have been where his head always was.

IIRC we seemed to be his only D1 offer, so I'm not shocked he didn't pan out.

If we're being honest, which we should be, not all of CT kids that we think may be overlooked and give a shot to will work. For some of them, the conventional logic of them not being D1 prospects will be valid. But overall the approach Mora is taking is still very wise and I'm sure will pay dividends with another Justin Joly (not from CT, but close) type find.

Reaction Score
Me too, he looked to be a very good (but raw) athlete. He also played hoops and was decent and IMO that may have been where his head always was.

IIRC we seemed to be his only D1 offer, so I'm not shocked he didn't pan out.

If we're being honest, which we should be, not all of CT kids that we think may be overlooked and give a shot to will work. For some of them, the conventional logic of them not being D1 prospects will be valid. But overall the approach Mora is taking is still very wise and I'm sure will pay dividends with another Justin Joly (not from CT, but close) type find.
Yeah, no idea if he really wanted FB, but he was a lot bigger than our usual linebackers. Was hoping he’d make a difference for us, in coverage and off the edge.

Reaction Score
Pretty surprising to see Turner end up at Cincy, but good for him. He's a big loss for us next season

Reaction Score
Well I'll eat crow here, I thought this was about playing time, but it looks like he knew a P5 offer was possible.

Good for him.
It's so weird talking about Cinci and our once peers as these P5 elite programs while we align with G5... especially when we are a state flagship with many national championships while these other programs are glorified community college CITY schools... like Ville and UCF.

Reaction Score
Can anyone confirm if my math is correct, factoring in the Hicks commitment and today's exits we have 7 open spots for 2023 currently? That gives us room to bring in some experienced guys, hopefully we will see some commitments soon.

Reaction Score
Wishful thought, but was looking at Keelan Marion offers and was thinking nun of the schools he has been offered by play on a bigger stage than we do since we are independent and play some high caliber p5 schools, I wonder will he decide to come back granted it is Mora choice, looking at the level of exposure he will get from being at Uconn.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I have no doubt that UConn will fill their open slots. The transfer portal contains around or over 2,000 players. UConn probably probably won't get a 5 star SEC transfer, but there is more than enough talent to fill openings for a rising Independent with UConn's schedule, exposure, and Coach who know how to get them to the NFL.

Separate but related: The number of players in the portal is astounding. Unless a player really doesn't care about continuing to play football or pursue a college education, I can't see how a player enters the portal without knowing they have a landing spot. Of course that opens the door to tampering, but the process is so half-baked as it is that he NCAA reaps what they sow.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Two best players to leave were Marion and Carter??

UConn weathered the portal very well and I have little doubt the players which will come in to UConn as a whole will be better than the the departing players.

Reaction Score
Regardless of what school they come from, high school rankings and offers, it is a crapshoot.

Reaction Score
Two best players to leave were Marion and Carter??

UConn weathered the portal very well and I have little doubt the players which will come in to UConn as a whole will be better than the the departing players.
I generally agree. Though I would consider Turner a big loss too. And really neither Carter nor Marion played much so we figured out how to do things without them.

Reaction Score
I generally agree. Though I would consider Turner a big loss too. And really neither Carter nor Marion played much so we figured out how to do things without them.
depth depth depth... it's all about depth... I hate to admit this (because I'm a Huge fan of he players), but it's a blessing (because of our coaching staff now in place), we've got players now that can fill in and still keep us in games instead of being a step behind, slower....

Reaction Score
depth depth depth... it's all about depth... I hate to admit this (because I'm a Huge fan of he players), but it's a blessing (because of our coaching staff now in place), we've got players now that can fill in and still keep us in games instead of being a step behind, slower....
But are they RKGs?

Reaction Score
Can anyone confirm if my math is correct, factoring in the Hicks commitment and today's exits we have 7 open spots for 2023 currently? That gives us room to bring in some experienced guys, hopefully we will see some commitments soon.

Cant corroborate the number, just sharing...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom