Transfers - Outbound (8/1/22>7/31/23 cycle) | Page 27 | The Boneyard

Transfers - Outbound (8/1/22>7/31/23 cycle)

Reaction Score
not working hard enough? Sounds like you have inside info with that part of your response...
I did start a business and yes when I hired people I knew that some were not going to make it because they are too lazy. Maybe some players thought since UConn was rebuilding, they thought it would be easy to play, but now they know JM is looking for players to be for the team, not for themselves.

Reaction Score
I did start a business and yes when I hired people I knew that some were not going to make it because they are too lazy. Maybe some players thought since UConn was rebuilding, they thought it would be easy to play, but now they know JM is looking for players to be for the team, not for themselves.
Oh, so it's your opinion. Got it.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

Anyone who has started a business built on hiring people they knew were "not going to make it" has not only never really started a business, they have no business pretending that they did.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Anyone who has started a business built on hiring people they knew were "not going to make it" has not only never really started a business, they have no business pretending that they did.

That is not what he meant. He said he knew some of the people he hired were going to turn out to be bad hires. It's true. You learn at some point you are not perfect at predicting the success of your future employees. You trust your instincts but they are not perfect.

Now I don't know if he really started a business or not. I do know your reading comprehension needs work.

Reaction Score
That is not what he meant. He said he knew some of the people he hired were going to turn out to be bad hires. It's true. You learn at some point you are not perfect at predicting the success of your future employees. You trust your instincts but they are not perfect.

Now I don't know if he really started a business or not. I do know your reading comprehension needs work.
Agreed. Early on I sometimes put too much value on experience and not enough on figuring out what motivated people and how driven they were to succeed, how innovative they could be and how well they would fit in with the culture and focus on the organization's values and goals over their own.

Reaction Score
I guess we're out on his younger brother, who's a stud!
Maybe in the end, but still on his radar on the surface @ least (at least he’s learned not to burn bridges @ his young age ;)):

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Maybe I missed it, but has any reason been given for Marion to leave UConn for East Carolina?

Reaction Score
Maybe I missed it, but has any reason been given for Marion to leave UConn for East Carolina?
That's a head scratcher. Seems like a lateral move for him. I figured he'd be able to go somewhere at least more high profile (nothing against ECU here).

Reaction Score
Probably because they throw the ball down the field
I mean UConn won 6 games last with through short passes and running. Plus ZT was only what 5 months removed from high school when he got thrown into the fire. Plus he was injured all last season, which they could have used him, but like I said they won 6 without him.

Reaction Score
I think it's probably true he wasn't getting along with coaches, but it's also true that it's a step up. They won 8 games last year and beat some pretty good teams. They only lost by one to NC State

Reaction Score
I mean UConn won 6 games last with through short passes and running. Plus ZT was only what 5 months removed from high school when he got thrown into the fire. Plus he was injured all last season, which they could have used him, but like I said they won 6 without him.

It wasn’t a shot at ZT.!just you go back the last 8 or so yrs and they’ve had atleast 1 WR with 800+ yds. Since that time at Uconn the most yds a wr has had was 615.

Reaction Score
What I'm saying is this, when you hire people for a start up, some will work out, some won't. It happens to all start ups, some people will leave, but some will stick to it.

I'm comparing the Jim Mora coached team to a start up. Players came in and thought - since UConn was 1-11 - they will be the starters. Some saw the writing on the wall...

Reaction Score
I’m wondering if he’s a bit of a Pima Donna
He plays WR. The position that creates players like TO, Ocho-Cinco, AB, and OBJ. No other position puts out as many colorful personalities like WR.

Reaction Score
Whats the paperwork process for the portal?. Assumed once someone commits they’re locked in. Does ECU have to give him a release or do coaches just wait to see who shows up for summer sessions before the roster is finalized? This is nuts

Reaction Score
Whats the paperwork process for the portal?. Assumed once someone commits they’re locked in. Does ECU have to give him a release or do coaches just wait to see who shows up for summer sessions before the roster is finalized? This is nuts

No release is needed since ECU never formally announced his signing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom