Transfers - Outbound (8/1/22>7/31/23 cycle) | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Transfers - Outbound (8/1/22>7/31/23 cycle)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Is it me or is there ZERO possibility we see no exits? I just don’t see how the numbers work unless some kids opt out.
We need exits.

Best I can tell we are at a full 85 scholarships right now. And just to add Gilyard, Spears and Hansen we need three to leave early. And then others on a one for one basis for all the other portal offers we have been making the past couple weeks. I suspect the portal offers we have been making are conditional (ie conditioned on a pending portal exit and furthermore pending on the decision of a recruit that has been offered ahead of another (we offer three DBs for just one slot, there is an order there in that offer process)).

My guess is that we will have at least 5 kids going to the portal in January. Three for the names above, two more for at least 1 QB and 1 RB. That said, maybe its more like 8 kids hit the portal because they have been making offers for LS, DB and DLs too.

Reaction Score
1) What is your magic # for a crowded backfield?

2) Michigan State RBs are also one tackle away from the same fate so...

SB nation gave these 2 general statements on offensive scholarship breakouts for pro style and spread to run (think maybe UConn is more latter than former as hard to say ZT is a pro style QB with his passing stats). So 4-6 or 5-9 scholarship running backs would be the general aim. Crowded might be the top number , but pretty definitely more than the top number (assuming SB nation is generally correct on their take on roster makeup).

Pro-style roster breakdown
PositionSizeSkillsetScholarships
Running backs5'11-6'2, 200-230Physical, versatileFour to six
Quarterbacks6'1-6'5, 200-230Strong arm, accuracy downfieldThree to four
Tight ends6'3-6'6, 230-260Run blocker, capable route-runnerThree to six
Wide receivers6'0-6'5, 190-230Route running, dangerous downfieldEight to 13
Offensive linemen6'3-6'6, 290-330Physically dominant, quick feet14 to 18
For any system that's looking to physically impose its will on the opponent, the offensive line is the most essential unit to get right. Pro-style teams require linemen who can handle a pass-rush long enough for downfield routes to develop on one play and then bowl over a defensive front the next.

Because of the focus on execution in pro-style offenses, a stud playmaker at running back and wide receiver is essential. Pro-style teams are more likely to feature specific players, rather than get everyone involved.

Spread-to-run roster breakdown
PositionTarget sizeEssential skillsScholarships
Running back5'8-6'2, 180-230Pure runnerFive to nine
Quarterback6'0-6'4, 210-250Quick making reads, dangerous as runnerThree to five
Tight end/fullback/H-back6'0-6'5, 220-260Run blocking, hands softer than stoneThree to five
Inside receiver5'8-6'2, 170-210Dangerous in spaceFour to eight
Outside receiver6'0-6'4, 200-230Willing blocker, dangerous downfieldFour to eight
Offensive lineman6'1-6'5, 280-340Run blocking14 to 18
Spread-to-run teams are built largely around their ability to create opportunities for their backs to find seams, get to the second level, and get chunks of yardage.

Reaction Score
We need exits.

Best I can tell we are at a full 85 scholarships right now. And just to add Gilyard, Spears and Hansen we need three to leave early. And then others on a one for one basis for all the other portal offers we have been making the past couple weeks. I suspect the portal offers we have been making are conditional (ie conditioned on a pending portal exit and furthermore pending on the decision of a recruit that has been offered ahead of another (we offer three DBs for just one slot, there is an order there in that offer process)).

My guess is that we will have at least 5 kids going to the portal in January. Three for the names above, two more for at least 1 QB and 1 RB. That said, maybe it’s more like 8 kids hit the portal because they have been making offers for LS, DB and DLs too.
Tres Barboza is not coming back so that’s allows one spot to open up

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Tres Barboza is not coming back so that’s allows one spot to open up
Yeah- I already have him factored in as departing.

Reaction Score
Have we heard anything at all regarding portal backs recently? We supposedly had four visit right after the season ended, but then it’s been silent. I trust us to find a good piece, and maybe it happens quickly and quietly like with the Michigan TE.

Reaction Score
SB nation gave these 2 general statements on offensive scholarship breakouts for pro style and spread to run (think maybe UConn is more latter than former as hard to say ZT is a pro style QB with his passing stats). So 4-6 or 5-9 scholarship running backs would be the general aim. Crowded might be the top number , but pretty definitely more than the top number (assuming SB nation is generally correct on their take on roster makeup).

For any system that's looking to physically impose its will on the opponent, the offensive line is the most essential unit to get right. Pro-style teams require linemen who can handle a pass-rush long enough for downfield routes to develop on one play and then bowl over a defensive front the next.

Because of the focus on execution in pro-style offenses, a stud playmaker at running back and wide receiver is essential. Pro-style teams are more likely to feature specific players, rather than get everyone involved.

Tight end/fullback/H-back6'0-6'5, 220-260Run blocking, hands softer than stoneThree to five
Outside receiver6'0-6'4, 200-230Willing blocker, dangerous downfieldFour to eight
Spread-to-run teams are built largely around their ability to create opportunities for their backs to find seams, get to the second level, and get chunks of yardage.
Darn, I bow to you. That is a lot of data and depth. My crowded backfield statement was a lot more subjective and qualitative and you brought the quantitative game hard-core. Well done.

Reaction Score
Have we heard anything at all regarding portal backs recently? We supposedly had four visit right after the season ended, but then it’s been silent. I trust us to find a good piece, and maybe it happens quickly and quietly like with the Michigan TE.
This is why I asked the w I asked. Right now, I think jimmy is playing the role of bouncer at the night club - we can’t let anyone in until someone leaves.

Reaction Score
We need exits.

My guess is that we will have at least 5 kids going to the portal in January. Three for the names above, two more for at least 1 QB and 1 RB. That said, maybe its more like 8 kids hit the portal because they have been making offers for LS, DB and DLs too.
He knows who is not coming back. Those were not contingent offers.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Zero surprise on Kayode, but i’m curious why some are so certain Barboza is out?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score

Boneyard roster breakdown
Poster5'5-6'5 (but shrinking), 190-"I don't own a scale"Typing, Complaining, Blind optimismWalk-on

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom