Transfers - Outbound (8/1/22>7/31/23 cycle) | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Transfers - Outbound (8/1/22>7/31/23 cycle)

Reaction Score
oh. I dont take offense. People are allowed opinions and who to say that he doesn’t have a point?

If he interpreted as me being critical of a walk-on choice, well that’s fair game. I didn’t mean it like that.

I just find what walk-ons go through as extreme sometimes.

And, college sports is no joke even at d3 level. May sister played hoops and softball D3 and it was exhausting.

Reaction Score
Amen on this post. I played one D1 sport and walked on in another one D2. What a lousy existence in both. I hated it. My son then played D3 basketball. He got an “academic” scholarship. He hated it and quit after two years. Playing sports isn’t always fun. You need the right coach, teammates and so much more. I never side with the program over the player when there is an issue. Kids that aren’t in the inner circle get trampled emotionally. It’s awful. There’s politics, favorites, guys that were “recruited” etc. We are all human. Coaches treat a lot of players as sub human.
I’m always disappointed to read something like this because I really enjoyed playing college athletics. My career was neither long nor distinguished, but I truly enjoyed the sport, the camaraderie and the meal money (paid for my beer). I was a walk-on and felt the pain a bit as the recruited players got better treatment, but I thought it was an enjoyable and rewarding life experience.

Reaction Score
I've talked to enough athletes that a lot of them will chase the sport to the detriment of their education even in cases where it's far wiser to chase the education

So to say a student is going after education first when they find themselves without a place to play I think is hopeful but not realistic when they can find other options.

This does happen but it is also news when a player sticks around.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Frankly, shocking how little damage we've suffered by folks entering the portal to date
Cringe Reaction GIF

Don’t do that!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I had a hard enough time playing intramurals at UCONN. Mostly cause we tended to drink beforehand...
The thing I am embarrassed about from my 2 years of UConn branch baseball was actually looking forward to going to Bonanza after a game.

Reaction Score
I had a hard enough time playing intramurals at UCONN. Mostly cause we tended to drink beforehand...
Greek friend of mine walked off the field, mid- soccer game, for a cigarette break ... "You Americans run too much because you can't play. And what's with the small fields?" Needless to say, it wasn't our best season.

Reaction Score
Greek friend of mine walked off the field, mid- soccer game, for a cigarette break ... "You Americans run too much because you can't play. And what's with the small fields?" Needless to say, it wasn't our best season.
Hey we had a guy on our cross country team who always asked our coach for a drag on his cigarette on the starting line. One of our top guys and we finished 3rd in New England.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Best we know - Hayden was a WO like Rosario.

Reaction Score
Good for him, got himself a ride and an opportunity to play and didn't languish in the portal.
That’s how it is done. Got some money for Wagner, which is a nice campus on Staten Island.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If anyone actually entered the portal this week ahead of the cut off I would expect we would finally hear about it today, or say by Monday.

Reaction Score
Kind of stunned UConn hasn’t lost more scholarship guys. That says a lot about the program and at least standard of living and experience of the players up there.
Agreed. We will lose more eventually, because we have to, but it says that guys being eased out the door would rather stay here and give themselves one more chance to keep their jobs during spring practice than to bail out now and find a landing spot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom