Transfer Portal | Page 31 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have confidence in Hurley recruiting, but this lack of our name out there scares me.

Reaction Score
I really don't understand how our name isn't even involved with any of these top transfers. The staff might have something up their sleeve but it just seems odd that we aren't even in contact with any of them
I feel like they have to have something up their sleeve. If you told me they were unfamiliar with recruiting kids from the portal and struck out I'd be disappointed but not too surprised (not that I think this is the case). But I don't think they're stupid, they know they have to reach out to kids in order to get them

Reaction Score
I’ve doubted them before & they’ve pulled a rabbit out of their hats. I’ll trust them till they give me a reason not to, that being said, there seems to be TONS of kids that fit our needs & we’re not even in contact with them.

Reaction Score
I feel like they have to have something up their sleeve. If you told me they were unfamiliar with recruiting kids from the portal and struck out I'd be disappointed but not too surprised (not that I think this is the case). But I don't think they're stupid, they know they have to reach out to kids in order to get them
I'm not really concerned...just very confused lol

Reaction Score
I really don't understand how our name isn't even involved with any of these top transfers. The staff might have something up their sleeve but it just seems odd that we aren't even in contact with any of them
lets hope they feel really good with newton or know of a new portal entry coming up i guess

Reaction Score
This staff has usually recruited quietly and without a lot of noise. Once they've identified a priority target--They have been successful in getting them on campus for the close. Portal recruiting has more visibility than other forms of recruiting since players/families/advisors are doing the "shopping" for a fit after expressing their interest in a change of scenery.

Rest assured they(the staff) have a sense of urgency this particular off-season(late recruiting period) but I would expect them
to stay true to their identity as recruiters. Still waters run deep.

Reaction Score
Would still need a shooter. But this would help a lot
Newton is absolutely nails from the FT line (80+% 3 years in a row), which tells me there is something correctable about his 3pt shooting (shot selection or minor form tweak most likely). Ramey hit 41% previous year and is 37% for his career on 500+ attempts (and over 75% from FT line last 2 years).

Obviously would love a 3rd shooter as well, but I think those 2 would definitely be at least respected by defenses, especially with the quality of looks they will get with all the attention Sanogo is going to demand. We don't need snipers, we need guys that can defend and hit an open 3 at a reasonable enough clip that teams don't just dare them to shoot.

Reaction Score
Newton is absolutely nails from the FT line (80+% 3 years in a row), which tells me there is something correctable about his 3pt shooting (shot selection or minor form tweak most likely). Ramey hit 41% previous year and is 37% for his career on 500+ attempts (and over 75% from FT line last 2 years).

Obviously would love a 3rd shooter as well, but I think those 2 would definitely be at least respected by defenses, especially with the quality of looks they will get with all the attention Sanogo is going to demand. We don't need snipers, we need guys that can defend and hit an open 3 at a reasonable enough clip that teams don't just dare them to shoot.
He might have the least help in the country lol. This is absolutely embarrassing for ECU
95C82D6C-CA1A-492A-8938-AA6ADC1EF4D4.jpeg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
fine. assuming we land two starting Gs, what kind of players are you expecting will fill the 3rd and 4th schollys with so little PT available?

i dont think we're landing two Gs that will average 30 mpg like cole and martin did, so there's still minutes up for grabs.
We aren't bringing in two Gs that will start. There simply isn't roster space with Hawkins and Jackson starting. Hurley needs to find one starting PG, a backup PG and a forward. That would give us 6 guards not counting Jackson, who is really a guard.

Reaction Score
I'd be excited if we nab Cummings. I think my previous post about him on this thread was deleted, but he's got that three-level scoring ability that is exciting: creating offense off the dribble but also a catch-and-shoot threat.

His efficiency numbers were at its highest when he was a sophomore and junior at Colgate and he was second fiddle to Jordan Burns (Cummings junior numbers: 54.1 2p%, 38.4 3p% on 9.2 FGAs). That bodes nicely since here he won't likely be getting the same number of shots he had at Colgate last year (12.5 FGAs).

Similar to Jaylin Hunter, Nick Honor would be a nice guy to throw in the mix at PG...a 15-25 mpg guy to pair with Diggins' 15-25 mpg. Honor limits mistakes (2.4 A/0.9 TO last season) and shoots well enough (career .426/.339/.829). A guy like him would have been really nice to have to close games this year.

Assuming that Diggins will develop into a very good point guard, I highly doubt we'll nab a Cole-like transfer...more of a guy who will be a very good 15-25 mpg player who, as @August_West worded, provides insurance if he needs to be "the guy" at PG barring injury, motor scooter incident, etc.
Cummings committed to Pitt today. Good pickup for them.

Reaction Score
Curbelo coming here would be interesting. Seems like something that could work out really well (super talented kid from a big-time team in a tough league at a position of great need) or really poorly (another non-shooter and coming off a pretty terrible end to the season). Would definitely be a talent upgrade over Gaffney, and it would lead to a lot of publicity and intrigue going into next season. I can't say I'm against it, though I'm sure there are better fits out there.

Reaction Score
We aren't bringing in two Gs that will start. There simply isn't roster space with Hawkins and Jackson starting. Hurley needs to find one starting PG, a backup PG and a forward. That would give us 6 guards not counting Jackson, who is really a guard.
1) he was quoted saying he wants to play a 4 out 4 guard lineup and 2) he was further quoted as saying he wants a starting PG and another starting scoring G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom