Things one wants to say to Sir Charles | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Things one wants to say to Sir Charles

Reaction Score
Charles daughter graduated from Villanova and he played in Philly. I'm pretty sure he's a Nova fan. That would explain his rooting against UConn. However I still like Charles.

Reaction Score
All I'm saying is that he consistently comes out unimpressed with UConn. Bilas, who I consider a big UConn backer, came out against them in 2014 and picked the opposing team all 6 times. Charles has done it 4 tournies in a row.

I guarantee he picks Texas/Miami over UConn, though if UConn wins and makes the championship, he'll take UConn.
March Madness 2023: Charles Barkley calls Dan Hurley, UConn favorites to cut down the nets

Reaction Score
Really blows my mind that on the after show last night they chirped about Timme’s 3rd & 4th fouls and how unfair it was for the first 2 min of the broadcast. No respect for Uconn!
I know. Like Gonzaga wasn't losing when he went out. Timme is so slow. He would've gotten eaten alive.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Charles was a heckuva player, and he can be fun, but, remember, Charles has no rings.

4>0

Reaction Score
Smith's affection for the program no doubt comes from the fact that he and Kimani are very close. Ditto he and Taliek Brown. I'd imagine he also has a soft spot for Kemba, and many of the other NYC AAU guys who have come through Storrs.
Kenny also has soft spot for Lariega (sp) due to his recruitment at VA when coach was an assistant

Reaction Score
Charles, your commercials with Spike Lee, Jim Nantz and Samuel Jackson are not funny or entertaining. They are just turrible.
Made worse only by shoehorning in the regulars from whatever sponsor they're getting paid by

MyDorona

The Hebrew Hammer
Reaction Score
I've always liked Chuck. The 1992-93 Suns remain my favorite NBA team ever, and he was my favorite player as a teen. He has the soul of a clown, and nothing he says should be taken too seriously. I've watched this two or three times and I can't help but laugh every time. Look at everyone's reactions!:

Reaction Score
Charles is who he is and makes for great TV. I was annoyed at his UConn takes as well, but you have to pull back and remember the level of intellect you're dealing with. He's an entertainer, that's about it.

The person I was faaaaar more annoyed with yesterday was Van Gundy color-commentating. My goodness, how pro-Gonzaga can you get? Guy has a major ****-on for Timme and it wasn't until we were up by about 30 that he finally conceded to the fact that we were a far superior team.

Never been a fan of him or his brother. Jokes.
Loved when they started listing the Gonzaga greats... Stockton, Morrison, Timme.... I'm like WHEW, if you start that list for UConn we're gonna be a while!!!!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
He has an opinion. Lol. I like Charles, knows hoops, enjoys the college game. I just think it’s weird that the doesn’t do college during the year.

And, his opinions are stronger than most college media. He isn’t afraid to be wrong.
In fact, he is good at it.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Charles is an SEC guy that believes in a college sports orthodoxy that ranks south, midwest, west coast all before the northeast. It's a bias he can sometimes get past but it's always there. OTOH, he doesn't take himself too seriously and he's been great mojo for us.

Reaction Score
Charles has never really liked the program. He occasionally says complimentary things but if you listen closely, you know he is very far from objective when it comes to UConn. Almost everyone else has some appreciation, with Kellogg being the one who is closest to Charles. Jay Wright and Smith strike me as pro-UConn. Smith has always been pro-UConn.
Well his NYC ties are one reason for Smith liking UCONN as he mentioned being friends with Kimanni and Taliek Brown.

Reaction Score
I always enjoy Charles, for his entertainment factor, not his college hoops insights

Reaction Score
What I want to say is PLEASE keep picking against us, your record is perfect (and your knowledge of the college game is close to zero).
Yep, he knows little and keep picking against us :)

Reaction Score
You guys are weird.

Charles Barkley is not holding some secret grudge against us.

We were a two point favorite yesterday….picking Gonzaga was not exactly a declaration of war.
It’s his history of picking against us

Reaction Score
I've always liked Chuck. The 1992-93 Suns remain my favorite NBA team ever, and he was my favorite player as a teen. He has the soul of a clown, and nothing he says should be taken too seriously. I've watched this two or three times and I can't help but laugh every time. Look at everyone's reactions!:

This is one of the funniest videos I've ever seen. Thank you for posting it.

Reaction Score
It’s his history of picking against us
All I'm saying is that he consistently comes out unimpressed with UConn. Bilas, who I consider a big UConn backer, came out against them in 2014 and picked the opposing team all 6 times. Charles has done it 4 tournies in a row.

I guarantee he picks Texas/Miami over UConn, though if UConn wins and makes the championship, he'll take UConn.
:). :)

Reaction Score
He has an opinion. Lol. I like Charles, knows hoops, enjoys the college game. I just think it’s weird that the doesn’t do college during the year.

And, his opinions are stronger than most college media. He isn’t afraid to be wrong.
He is used to being wrong :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom