Things one wants to say to Sir Charles | The Boneyard

Things one wants to say to Sir Charles

Reaction Score
It’s SanoGO, Mr Charles Berkeley.

Guess if I was that large I would have trouble mispronouncing surnames also.

Please try Babble.com.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
No idea why he is on these shows. He and Smith are not expert analysts and they are not well versed on the NCAA game. Pretty much they are clueless. I mean they could put anyone else up there but they apparently gave their whole budget to Wright who is good. Also Johnson is another example I guess they could change him with someone anyone really. Thank goodness we finally get Nance in our next game although the in game call is much better than the studio show. Barkley breaking down a college game is pretty bad tv for a true fan of the collegiate game. It is imo so much better than the nba product. Because you already know among two or three teams that will be the nba champ. And it will be about the player, Giannis, Tatum, Leonard etc…. The college game is the game I fell in love with as a kid. A true team sport. UConn puts together the sum of its parts and the team that has created has been pretty spectacular to watch. I mean they made Gonzaga look bad and they are not a bad team.

Reaction Score
Charles has never really liked the program. He occasionally says complimentary things but if you listen closely, you know he is very far from objective when it comes to UConn. Almost everyone else has some appreciation, with Kellogg being the one who is closest to Charles. Jay Wright and Smith strike me as pro-UConn. Smith has always been pro-UConn.

MyDorona

The Hebrew Hammer
Reaction Score
Charles has never really liked the program. He occasionally says complimentary things but if you listen closely, you know he is very far from objective when it comes to UConn. Almost everyone else has some appreciation, with Kellogg being the one who is closest to Charles. Jay Wright and Smith strike me as pro-UConn. Smith has always been pro-UConn.
Smith's affection for the program no doubt comes from the fact that he and Kimani are very close. Ditto he and Taliek Brown. I'd imagine he also has a soft spot for Kemba, and many of the other NYC AAU guys who have come through Storrs.

Reaction Score
Charles is fine.

Reaction Score

This comes from the good ol’ boy, blue blood line of thinking that believes Jim Calhoun must’ve been dirty.

And fwiw, Barkley’s a sexist pig.

Reaction Score
Charles is who he is and makes for great TV. I was annoyed at his UConn takes as well, but you have to pull back and remember the level of intellect you're dealing with. He's an entertainer, that's about it.

The person I was faaaaar more annoyed with yesterday was Van Gundy color-commentating. My goodness, how pro-Gonzaga can you get? Guy has a major ****-on for Timme and it wasn't until we were up by about 30 that he finally conceded to the fact that we were a far superior team.

Never been a fan of him or his brother. Jokes.

Reaction Score
He has an opinion. Lol. I like Charles, knows hoops, enjoys the college game. I just think it’s weird that the doesn’t do college during the year.

And, his opinions are stronger than most college media. He isn’t afraid to be wrong.
All I'm saying is that he consistently comes out unimpressed with UConn. Bilas, who I consider a big UConn backer, came out against them in 2014 and picked the opposing team all 6 times. Charles has done it 4 tournies in a row.

I guarantee he picks Texas/Miami over UConn, though if UConn wins and makes the championship, he'll take UConn.

Reaction Score
Chuck is entertaining and a good sport. He just can wrap his head around the fact that his big boy brands don’t deliver.

Reaction Score
Are there really still people who get mad over Barkley’s comments?

I enjoy his NBA analysis and find him hilarious, but even he doesn’t take his own college basketball takes seriously. I can’t imagine getting mad about his college hoops opinions.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
He has an opinion. Lol. I like Charles, knows hoops, enjoys the college game. I just think it’s weird that the doesn’t do college during the year.

And, his opinions are stronger than most college media. He isn’t afraid to be wrong.

Huh? Charles has literally said he is not a fan of college basketball because it is a “coach's game” as opposed to the NBA which is a player's game.

It's fine for him to have an opinion on things, but he might as well qualify it as just a wild guess. His reason for picking the zags was they would play loose because they have nothing to prove, but anyone who knows college hoops knows Mark Few still has a championship hurdle to get over before being considered an elite coach and that they are perennially overrated.

Reaction Score
Smith is a guard and has always admired our guard play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom