The View From Section 241 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The View From Section 241

Reaction Score
Exactly. I have no problem with it. I just wish we still had him. I think he’d be much better this year. Maybe they did try to keep him. Idk.
I wish he had stayed also. If he left because he was beat out as the number one, he should have stayed. He is not going to start at GS either. Their starting QB was the mvp in their bowl game last year and the team captain. But we all know how fast that can change with injuries

Reaction Score
I wish he had stayed also. If he left because he was beat out as the number one, he should have stayed. He is not going to start at GS either. Their starting QB was the mvp in their bowl game last year and the team captain. But we all know how fast that can change with injuries

Georgia is home for him.

Reaction Score
My own sense is Turner won’t be ready for awhile. Down three wide receivers doesn’t make it any easier. You never have enough playmakers.
Carter and Mitchell were great. Brewton was the other guy Chief sees as a playmaker.

Reaction Score
Pretty much agree with most of Section 241's observations and assessments of Game 1. But one thing that concerned me was that the UConn offense (and coaches) did not have an answer for the UState adjustments to stopping the ground game in general - and Carter in particular. They had to have anticipated this (I mentioned this in the 2nd quarter to the people I was watching with) and maybe they did. Bottom line is it will take more than 2 TD's to win most games and they had no answer on offense when the running game started to stall (a familiar scenario for UConn offense over the past few . . . decades). And, maybe one more thing. Please let the QB (whoever that may be) throw to the center of the field. Leave the repetitive sideline throws to Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers. These are difficult throws for inexperience QBs.

Reaction Score
Pretty much agree with most of Section 241's observations and assessments of Game 1. But one thing that concerned me was that the UConn offense (and coaches) did not have an answer for the UState adjustments to stopping the ground game in general - and Carter in particular. They had to have anticipated this (I mentioned this in the 2nd quarter to the people I was watching with) and maybe they did. Bottom line is it will take more than 2 TD's to win most games and they had no answer on offense when the running game started to stall (a familiar scenario for UConn offense over the past few . . . decades). And, maybe one more thing. Please let the QB (whoever that may be) throw to the center of the field. Leave the repetitive sideline throws to Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers. These are difficult throws for inexperience QBs.
I agree that the offense bogged down. I do think that there were a couple of reasons. First and foremost the quarterback injury changed the approach. They got very conservative knowing Zion was struggling. They tried almost all “safe” passes, screens, short outs, except the 1 nonPI throw. Plus, no sugar coating it. Zion didn’t play very well. I am hopeful they will open it up going forward. Despite that, they got a pair of fgs to keep it close. And got hosed on the PI late.

Reaction Score
On positive side two really good quarters ( 1st and 3rd held Utah State scoreless) for the defense! Offense has to get first downs to help keep defense off the field. Failure to move the ball in second quarter lead to giving up 24 points. Punting game was god except the bad punt which lead to giving up field goal just before halftime. We need to turn the second quarter of games to our favor as it has been a thorn in our side in the past. Holding Utah State to 7 points in the second half was very encouraging. The offense should get better over the course of the season. O line play is dramatically improved from what we have seen the past few seasons.

Reaction Score
Not to be a downer but they likely could have scored late. Thanks USU coach.

Reaction Score
That game had a few very critical moments and none went our way:

1. Roberson out

2. Marion out

3. Utah St reception after receiver ran out of bounds for 5 yards resulting in a touchdown.

4. No call PI on a bomb by Zion that the announcers said was "uncatchable" despite our receiver being tripped and pushed and the ball still only landing 8-10 feet beyond his sprawled out body on the ground.

5. Garbage PI call against us to give Utah St another easy touchdown (in fairness, the announcers called that one out)

Reaction Score
The offensive game plan will now be tailored to Zion's strengths. He should perform better and more comfortably this Saturday. Charlton will stay aggressive and we should romp over CCSC.

Reaction Score
Mora said that Zion only had one rep with the 1's in practice before the Utah game, so I think they went with the safe stuff for him in that game. After a week of practice with the 1's I believe we will see a different O.
Think he meant 1 rep per play they were going to run.

How many reps is Millen getting this week? ZT got banged a few plays last week.

Reaction Score
Carter Brewton Houston are serious offensive threats. Getting them the ball in space is now the key for us until players like Fitzgerald can get on the field. I hope Drayton can get back up to his potential. I do not see Zion running as much as Puma. This changes how the defense has to gameplan. Cale Millen had better be ready as it seems for UConn at the QB position we need to a lot of depth. Defensively it is how to find a pass rush. Our defense had a good day last Saturday despite the 2nd quarter. Their QB had 26 straight starts. Imagine that at UConn. Their coach rang up 11 wins last year. We were away and did not buckle like in the past. Let's Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
They are gonna have to open it up in this game and live with the consequences. They will have to use Cale some too. Neither of those guys are gonna get better handing it off. And the pass protection against CCSU will be as good as it will get this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom