The Official Tourney Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

The Official Tourney Thread

Reaction Score
At the Iona / Oregon game, Sam jr playing solid game

Just signed in to post about this.

I didn't make the connection between Iona and Sam Jr when I put the game on, but then I saw him out there and was happy to see him playing well. Pretty crazy that Sam Jr. is playing in the dance this year and we aren't.

4-7 in the first half for 10 points. Good for him, glad to see him playing well.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Hall vs Arkansas was another tough one. I have no faith in SEC teams not named Florida or Kentucky in March though.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Hall vs Arkansas was another tough one. I have no faith in SEC teams not named Florida or Kentucky in March though.

Both teams are playing hard, but I am amazed at how many unchallenged passes have been picked off in this game. Arkansas has 11 steals, but half of them were simply Seton Hall throwing the ball to the wrong jersey. There has been some sloppy basketball.

Reaction Score
Holy hell, this is one of the worst calls I've ever seen in the Seton Hall Arkansas game. Unbelievable.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Carrington of Seton Hall coughs up the ball with 30 seconds left on the same stupid play I was complaining about yesterday. If the ball screener rolls unguarded down the lane, why is the point guard still looking for a 3? Carrington ended up picking up the ball and dragging his feet, traveling. This was forcing the 3, missing open teammates, and hero ball all wrapped into one play.

Honestly, if the point guard doesn't want to pass to the screener, don't take the screen, because it just brings a double team.

Doesn't matter, officials decided to take over the game and give the game to Arkansas. I needed Arkansas to win, but i would be pretty pissed if I was a Seton Hall fan.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Holy hell, this is one of the worst calls I've ever seen in the Seton Hall Arkansas game. Unbelievable.

Based on the situation I agree ... but why not just a swiping/slap foul there? The tripping was incidental but it was a two handed push and a little extra at the end.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

That is a call that is so bad you question whether something is going on with the referees.

Reaction Score

The flagrant? Did not see it live, only a highlight but it looked like the Hall guy did a two hand push to the guys back. Isn't that intentional? No play at all for the ball.

Reaction Score

You will be shocked to realize that a ref from the Cinci game reffed today.

Reaction Score
The trip was incidental... Thank Christ I'm not a seton hall fan right now.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Based on the situation I agree ... but why not just a swiping/slap foul there? The tripping was incidental but it was a two handed push and a little extra at the end.

It is a fine line where basketball stops and soccer begins.

Reaction Score
The flagrant? Did not see it live, only a highlight but it looked like the Hall guy did a two hand push to the guys back. Isn't that intentional? No play at all for the ball.

Intentional fouls at the end of the game are rarely plays on the ball. Horrid call, not in the spirit of the game.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

The Seton Hall player barely touched him, everyone knew the Hall was trying to foul, and the Arkansas player flopped. If a ref is going to hide behind a technicality, he shouldn't be officiating 6th grade rec much less the NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score
One of the worst calls I've ever seen.

Reaction Score
The Seton Hall player barely touched him, everyone knew the Hall was trying to foul, and the Arkansas player flopped. If a ref is going to hide behind a technicality, he shouldn't be officiating 6th grade rec much less the NCAA tournament.

Watching it again, as I said I only saw the last replay before fragrant call, and I did not notice the feet getting tangled so it looked worse than it was. Still, the guy has to pretend he's playing the ball. It's a tough call to make right there and probably should not have been made, but you can't give the ref an out like that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom