The Official Tourney Thread | Page 59 | The Boneyard

The Official Tourney Thread

Reaction Score
I personally think the guard matchup will be more important, Goss has beeen huge for the Zags, Berry won't be able to stop him.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
That's god damn elementary school stuff man... how do you not box out twice!?!

Hope he doesn't have big plans for a pro future. That's the first thing anybody is going to remember about the guy! Not boxing out TWICE and costing the team a chance at possession. Horrible

Reaction Score
Unfortunately the UNC title seems to have been predestined when Roy convinced his players to stick around another year. He seems to do that a lot. I don't even think this UNC team is as good as last year. But they are pulling out the wins.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Oregon took pretty good shots for the most part. A lot of those 3's were kickouts off penetration where the shooter caught the ball facing the basket. I have no problem with those shots. Oregon hits one more 3 and they are playing Gonzaga on Monday.

To be honest, the bigger swing was in how many contested shots North Carolina hit. That team hit a lot of tough shots throughout the game. I think Oregon did a good job staying in the game given how many tough shots North Carolina was making. The questionable shot selection caught up with UNC at the end with missed shots by both Pinson and Berry inside of 8 feet in the last 3 minutes that I felt were forced.

The last 15 seconds was a weird sequence. UNC missed 4 free throws in a row. THAT would have been remembered forever if not for the two offensive rebounds.

The team with the better players made a few more plays. That is how most games are won.

Reaction Score

2 missed box outs by a warrior of a rebounder, just proof to all kids how important it is, no matter how strong you are or how high you can jump, to stick to the fundamentals of the game. I feel bad for him but it's not that hard to do, just make the contact and you will get the over-the-back call if you don't box you won't ever get that call.

Too bad I wanted the Ducks to beat them so bad and they had their chances. Brooks sucked, played awful if he plays decent they win.

Go Zags

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom