The Official Tourney Thread | Page 52 | The Boneyard

The Official Tourney Thread

Reaction Score
Seriously. Gonzaga just beat an 11 seed to make the final 4 and Oregon had to play a road game against Kansas and will now have to face the UNC/Kentucky winner.

They played a road game vs Kansas because they weren't good enough to be protected on the 1 line. Absent Trevon Duval showing up a year early to Zona...Gonzaga would have waxed them also.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Ha ha!!! Kansas got Kasongoed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly I missed the game. How did Ray do?

Reaction Score
I'd be pretty happy if anyone other than the KY-UNC winner wins. Been a long time since there's been that many teams left this late that I can root for. Of course the chances are, the KY-UNC winner is winning this thing.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Am I crazy for thinking that if a blue blood MUST win I'd prefer it be UNC?

For some reason they dont really threaten me very much. We have had very little to no direct beef as programs and in the back of my mind I know UNC is in royalty territory so adding another title isnt really changing the status quo as much as say if Duke or KU won, or UK out of pure hatred for the system they implement.

Reaction Score

For some reason they dont really threaten me very much. We have had very little to no direct beef as programs and in the back of my mind I know UNC is in royalty territory so adding another title isnt really changing the status quo as much as say if Duke or KU won, or UK out of pure hatred for the system they implement.

I don't want Roy to have the same amount of Natties as Calhoun.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I don't want Roy to have the same amount of Natties as Calhoun.
I'm banking on the NCAA setting that record straight before its all said and done, at least I hope.

LADan

Have seen UConn beat Zags twice to get to Final 4
Reaction Score
As a UConn fan since the Toby Kimball era, I was fortunate enough to have been only a 6 hour drive to see UConn reach its first Final 4 in Phoenix. The Huskies beat Gonzaga to reach that milestone in March 1999. With all their success since then, its wild Gonzaga has needed 18 years just to reach the next round of the NCAAs. Makes UConn's 4 national titles since then just so amazing.

Reaction Score
I wonder if anyone is still alive from the last Oregon team to make the Final Four.

Oregon is about 17 hours from Phoenix. Spokane approx 20 hrs. If any of those guys have a pulse they will be there. They may be nearing 100 years old. They don't have the depth to win the title. No lottery pick coming off the bench for Oregon.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

they should have been banned and other punishments thrown at them... their letter to the ncaa was arrogant... i dont want them tied with us, i dont want roy near calhoun...id rather vomit and have kentucky than them... ill be supporting and finding a witch doctor to help oregon, zags, or usc/florida win

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Oregon is about 17 hours from Phoenix. Spokane approx 20 hrs. If any of those guys have a pulse they will be there. They may be nearing 100 years old. They don't have the depth to win the title. No lottery pick coming off the bench for Oregon.
I'm expecting big numbers from Spokane, this is their year and their fans know how hard it is to get there.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I'm expecting big numbers from Spokane, this is their year and their fans know how hard it is to get there.
oregon, gonzaga, and uf/usc better buy the FF and NC tickets asap bc kentucky if they win will fill the place

Reaction Score
If Florida wins this, it would be their 3rd title so go S. Carolina! Uconn doesn't need more company (teams with more than 2 championships).

Reaction Score
I'm not giving guarantees ... but Florida is not winning the NC next week. They are playing well in the Madness; but, don't have the requisite pieces ... and I am not thinking Allen or Hill are guards to play them through.

Reaction Score
Any way,

Florida is 0/12 so far from the three this half. 7/24 for the game. They keep hucking up 3s. I really hope SCarolina can pull this out, they are a more interesting team IMO, because they are actually trying to toss it into the paint and are beating Florida in regards to points in the paint.

Reaction Score
Hear the stat? Thornwell went 25/33 from the line in one game. Granted it was a 4 OT game, but still, that is nuts.

I like this SCarolina team not just because they have never been to the S16 or E8 or FF, but because they seem to be bucking the trend (hucking up 3s) and they go inside most possessions, I like that.

This Thornwell guy knows how to drive and knows how to draw fouls and avoid fouls. Kid is a stud IMO.

Reaction Score
I want SC to win but that was a very risky and somewhat dumb homerun pass. They got away with a walk too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom