The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2022 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2022

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
My theory:

They'll try really hard to make the playoffs, but if/when they are out of the hunt, they will trade Gallo, Chapman, Britton, Taillon, Green, etc to gain assets and then use those assets to retool the team for 2023. That's part of the season why they didn't go for any of the big FAs this offseason.

If that's the case, I'm OK for it this season.
nah, ain't goin down like that.
they're in.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Can art from a beer brewed by New England Brewing Company called Davidly Roth.
oh, so u stole a pic off of a beer can made by a bunch of hopheads who prolly start their day with a handful of oxy's washed down with an ipa, and they call it 'davidly roth?' lotsa bad on this. lots.

on the udder hand, lotsa good on this!
nothing but t/a's, gt's, and z28's as far as the eye can see.

there can be only one. take ur shirt off when you mention his name, however u spell it.
respect!

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Sevvy’s spring training start being pushed back due to arm sorenesses.
So It Begins Helms Deep GIF by Giphy QA

Reaction Score

"The only thing that stopped (us) was something that was so illegal and horrific," Cashman told The Athletic. "So I get offended when I start hearing we haven't been to the World Series since '09. Because I’m like, 'Well, I think we actually did it the right way.' Pulled it down, brought it back up. Drafted well, traded well, developed well, signed well. The only thing that derailed us was a cheating circumstance that threw us off."

Cashman is such a loser. What an utterly embarrassing thing to say.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Sevvy’s spring training start being pushed back due to arm sorenesses.
So It Begins Helms Deep GIF by Giphy QA
Nice outing today for Sevvy! I am thinking more and more he is the lynchpin for a successful season. If he regains his form, he will make the Yankees a top team. If not....they will just be ok.

Also...love that Higgy is having an amazing spring.... but can he save some for the season? Lol.

StllH8L8ner

Reaction Score
Nice outing today for Sevvy! I am thinking more and more he is the lynchpin for a successful season. If he regains his form, he will make the Yankees a top team. If not....they will just be ok.

Also...love that Higgy is having an amazing spring.... but can he save some for the season? Lol.
Yeah Sevvy looked great today as did the offense in general. Hopefully they can keep it rolling into the season.

Reaction Score
I could only laugh when I learned Greg Bird was signed by the Yankees immediately after he was released by Toronto

Granted, he played his AAA games mostly in elevation, but he had nice numbers last year: .267/.362/.894 with 27 HRs, 91 RBI

StllH8L8ner

Reaction Score
I could only laugh when I learned Greg Bird was signed by the Yankees immediately after he was released by Toronto

Granted, he played his AAA games mostly in elevation, but he had nice numbers last year: .267/.362/.894 with 27 HRs, 91 RBI
I was laughing my arse off also when I saw this bc I have a running joke with some relatives that Bird would find a way back to the Yankees at some point.

My bro-in-law sent me a screenshot yesterday that he got released and my response was “Cashman will sign him to a minor league deal”. Then I got the notification this morning that he signed a minor league deal with the Yanks. Cashman loves him for whatever reason.

Reaction Score
Estevan Florian hits 2 hrs last night, I almost forgot all about him seems like he’s been here for 10 years lol. He should be on the roster over Hicks, he batted .300 last year. Of course you couldn’t trade him while his value was high then he’s stashed in the minors and not given a chance.

Andujar the same thing, could’ve dealt him for Cole, or you could’ve groomed him to play 1B.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
"Ladies and gentlemen-men-men.
The New York Yankees-kees-kees
would like to announce-ounce-ounce
prior to today's game-game-game
that Aaron Judge-Judge-Judge
has rejected an 8-year contract-tract-tract
in excess-ess-ess
of 200 million-milLION-MILLION(!!!!)
dollars-dollars-dollars!!!!

At this time-time-time....
please rise-rise-rise
for the singing-ing-ing
of our National Anthem-them-them."

Reaction Score
I believe theres more to the Judge story. He sees the writing on the wall with how the Yankees have operated, creating a losers environment with nothing but excuses far different when Girardi was in that clubhouse he wants to win a world series.

Now I think 9 years is ridiculous maybe he asked for that knowing Yankees weren't giving that to him, maybe he just wants to test the open market. Cardinals let Pujols go after winning a world series, and the Braves letting Freddie Freeman go, not that I think this team is winning the world series but it is baseball.

Reaction Score
I believe theres more to the Judge story. He sees the writing on the wall with how the Yankees have operated, creating a losers environment with nothing but excuses far different when Girardi was in that clubhouse he wants to win a world series.

Now I think 9 years is ridiculous maybe he asked for that knowing Yankees weren't giving that to him, maybe he just wants to test the open market. Cardinals let Pujols go after winning a world series, and the Braves letting Freddie Freeman go, not that I think this team is winning the world series but it is baseball.
I think that's a reach. From what I've read, the Yankee offer would top the contract given Mookie Betts and would be behind only Mike Trout's contract for outfielders. As much as I love Aaron Judge, he's no Mike Trout. I find it hard to believe that he turns that offer down simply to get out of town, not knowing which team might sign him and whether that team would offer a better chance of winning a World Series than the Yankees. To me, this is a guy who is betting on himself. He has a number in his head that he values himself at and is willing to pass up the security of the Yankee offer for a shot at free agency. I'm hoping this translates into a monster season as he tries to show the world that he is worthy of a Trout-like contract.

Reaction Score
oh, so u stole a pic off of a beer can made by a bunch of hopheads who prolly start their day with a handful of oxy's washed down with an ipa, and they call it 'davidly roth?' lotsa bad on this. lots.

on the udder hand, lotsa good on this!
nothing but t/a's, gt's, and z28's as far as the eye can see.

there can be only one. take ur shirt off when you mention his name, however u spell it.
respect!
Great video. The sound on the udder hand, he definitely aint de one. Led me to an equally impressive video of an RHCP classic but the sound on this one is very bad.

Reaction Score
Aaron Judge isn't being realistic with his wish of 9-10 years and 300 million. Dude will be 30 in two weeks, and has only been healthy in two of his four full seasons (not counting the COVID year, where he only played in 28 of 60 possible games anyway). If I'm Cashman, I trade him for a legit prospect in an area of need and then enter the bidding with 29 other teams in the off-season. Put Stanton in RF and DH Torres.

Reaction Score
I see both sides of it, Judge is talking a risk though with his health hes banking on a big year. Yankees made a huge mistake with the Stanton deal and the Hicks extension. If I were working for the Yankees a deal wouldve been reached, I wouldve given 5 years 300 mill.

Reaction Score
Aaron Judge isn't being realistic with his wish of 9-10 years and 300 million. Dude will be 30 in two weeks, and has only been healthy in two of his four full seasons (not counting the COVID year, where he only played in 28 of 60 possible games anyway). If I'm Cashman, I trade him for a legit prospect in an area of need and then enter the bidding with 29 other teams in the off-season. Put Stanton in RF and DH Torres.
If your gonna DH Torres you gotta deal him, I know dealing Stanton isnt realistic.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Refresh my memory....was there ever a risk Jeter would walk? Were his negotiations ever as public as Judge's?

I am surprised he turned down that offer from Cashman. He is a big guy and likely to have injury issues. Stanton is clogging the DH spot, so that's not an option. 7 years sounded about right to me. Hopefully they can work it out...if not...I wont be devastated.

Reaction Score
If your gonna DH Torres you gotta deal him, I know dealing Stanton isnt realistic.
Not really. If he can just focus on hitting he can rake again like he did a few years ago. Let Stanton play RF and go get a legit catching prospect for Judge. Let him prove to the world he's worth Mike Trout-type money by playing out the season in Milwaukee or Arizona.

Reaction Score
Not really. If he can just focus on hitting he can rake again like he did a few years ago. Let Stanton play RF and go get a legit catching prospect for Judge. Let him prove to the world he's worth Mike Trout-type money by playing out the season in Milwaukee or Arizona.

Well see how it all plays out, its beyond my control lol. If your in 1st place I highly doubt Judge would be traded, at the deadline you ask yourself can we win the world series in 2022, if the answers yes your not trading Judge, theres still a chance Judge could test the market and not get 300 mill and go back to the Yankees. The Cards let Pujols go after winning a world series and the Braves let Freeman go.

Reaction Score
I'm probably too young or started following baseball too recently, but have there been any other Yankees that have gone from universally beloved to somewhat of a pariah with the fanbase as quickly as Judge has? Between this contract situation regarding his rumored counteroffer and antivaxx stance (which will probably become even more of an issue when they finally start playing games in Toronto - or if they have to play the Jays in the playoffs), it seems like the fanbase turned on him extremely quickly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom