Te'a Cooper, no mention of her transferring? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Te'a Cooper, no mention of her transferring?

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Heads up husky fans, as Tennessee might be losing diamond deshields as well possibly to go play overseas..the hits keep on coming for this program

Reaction Score
Heads up husky fans, as Tennessee might be losing diamond deshields as well possibly to go play overseas..the hits keep on coming for this program

Seriously?? Then why not go to the WNBA this year?

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Seriously?? Then why not go to the WNBA this year?

I think bc the money is much better playing overseas, but it could be bc of this whole cooper fiasco too..trust me, im in shock

Uconn never has these issues though..such a well coached and well disciplined team..

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I do not think it matters one way or the other on whether DD stays or goes..... Our TN fans here will dispute this of course.... but I have always thought that - although she is extremely talented and can light it up - that she is as destructive to the team as she is a positive..... specifically, TURNOVERS, and NOT GETTING TEAMMATES involved..... plus a questionable attitude.... you can just see it on her face often..... I do not know what good it does ... for instance.... how productive it is for your team if DD takes ball out of bounds , goes length of court, stops and pops from the foul line.... often before her teammates are in position for rebound....

Reaction Score
Whatever happened involved no one else on the Lady Vol team or within the Tennessee Athletic Department. The incident occurred outside of the athletic department and disciplinary action would have been taken at a higher level within the university had Cooper not chosen to leave the university. HW chose not to pile on and gave her an unconditional release. Please, please stop speculating that teammates or coaches were involved. That is just not true. Cooper was well liked by all of her coaches and teammates. She just made a tragic mistake. She is now officially a Gamecock and I, for one, wish the best for her.

With the recent public disclosure that, in fact, J. Nared was the other combatant, would you care to amend your original post ?
You might be able to save what little credibility you have left.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Not doubting your scoop here, but I feel compelled to ask if there is a credible source to this information?

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Not doubting your scoop here, but I feel compelled to ask if there is a credible source to this information?

Hi, yes there is a reliable source close to the program hinting at this. At this point i would not be surprised if this did occur, being that dd and coop are best freinds...

Its also interesting to note that Westbrook isnt on campus yet, but its being said that she will be in july during the second summer session

Reaction Score
I think bc the money is much better playing overseas, but it could be bc of this whole cooper fiasco too..trust me, im in shock

UConn never has these issues though..such a well coached and well disciplined team..

DD does not need the money. So, the going overseas thing wouldn't be due to money. I just don't see this happening. DD has too much pride to be called a quitter. IMHO

Reaction Score
1. Is this a tragedy or a farce?
2. Can it be a tragedy for TENN and a farce for the rest of us?
3. Has the Summitt or the Vol Nation accused Geno for masterminding it? Or Bird and Taurasi for that matter?

Reaction Score
1. Is this a tragedy or a farce?
2. Can it be a tragedy for TENN and a farce for the rest of us?
3. Has the Summitt or the Vol Nation accused Geno for masterminding it? Or Bird and Taurasi for that matter?

Yea yea yea @#3

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A poster on a Tenn fan site reports: "Well looks like something is up with DD she removed her open letter about coming back for her senior year off Instagram." Not being a Gramer, I don't know the veracity of this. Never saw her "open letter", so its absence wouldn't do anything for me. As egocentric as DD is, it wouldn't surprise me to have her go off in a huff. When does the "abroad" season kick in anyway?

Reaction Score
Westbrook will enroll in July. Her high school graduation occurred too late for her to enroll in the early summer session. Given what's happened recently she and Hayes have a real shot at being starters. Should Diamond leave as rumored we may see Rennia Davis in the starting lineup also.

Reaction Score
Westbrook will enroll in July. Her high school graduation occurred too late for her to enroll in the early summer session. Given what's happened recently she and Hayes have a real shot at being starters. Should Diamond leave as rumored we may see Rennia Davis in the starting lineup also.

2017-2018 ladyvol team could possibly have a successful season like Oregon this past year.

The ducks started 3 freshmen, a sophomore and a JR.

Reaction Score
Why did Cooper beat up Nared, and why didn't any teammates jump in to break it up?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
This rumor about DD is gaining momentum. I will return later with more

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
While I'm generally skeptical of anonymous sources, assuming that there is some truth to the rumors about DD leaving TN, regardless of my thoughts about the Lady Vols, I hope for her sake that she does not go through with it. My first thought is that this is a young person that had an emotional reaction to a bad situation.

When DD surprised everyone by announcing she was returning for a 5th year, the reasoning was fairly straightforward. She wanted to be the player, leader and teammate that everyone hoped she would be from the time she first stepped on campus at Chapel Hill.

If she leaves now, it will be an act of petulance and immaturity that will damage any effort for DD to establish her "brand" after college, and it will follow her for the rest of her life as the player who abandoned not one, but two teams.

Hopefully, the adults around her, HW, her father and others, can persuade her to stick it out.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
2017-2018 ladyvol team could possibly have a successful season like Oregon this past year.

The Ducks lost by 38 to UConn in the E8. I would be okay with that kind of success for the Lady Vols next season.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
While I'm generally skeptical of anonymous sources, assuming that there is some truth to the rumors about DD leaving TN, regardless of my thoughts about the Lady Vols, I hope for her sake that she does not go through with it. My first thought is that this is a young person that had an emotional reaction to a bad situation.

When DD surprised everyone by announcing she was returning for a 5th year, the reasoning was fairly straightforward. She wanted to be the player, leader and teammate that everyone hoped she would be from the time she first stepped on campus at Chapel Hill.

If she leaves now, it will be an act of petulance and immaturity that will damage any effort for DD to establish her "brand" after college, and it will follow her for the rest of her life as the player who abandoned not one, but two teams.

Hopefully, the adults around her, HW, her father and others, can persuade her to stick it out.

This is neither the time or place to be reasonable! ;)

Reaction Score

Did Ionescu transfer to Tenn?

Reaction Score
Did Ionescu transfer to Tenn?
No, just stating that UT could have the same success Oregon did. That's if DD decided not to return. If she does return, I expect a better result.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom