T-Swift - UConn

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
taylor swift haters gonna hate GIF

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
It's a tough call. Music is the common lanuguage across the world, it unites people. Great to hear everyone having fun and singing along, etc. .....but i would be pissed if another venue outside of Connecticut started using Brass Bonanza.
My son had it played at his wedding several years ago as he and his bride finished their vows. The Connecticut contingent wax laughing and his wife’s criwd from California had no clue.

Reaction Score
I don't give a rat's tuchus about Taylor Swift, nor do I care about what songs get played over the Gampel Pavilion PA system.

Still,

Is where it's at.

Reaction Score
Last night late in the second half "You Belong with Me" by Taylor Swift played over the loud speaker as the game came back from a time out. Once the music cut out the fans continued to sing the song as the play resumed. I've heard from numerous fans how cool it was and while I love fan participation I feel very iffy about this. This has been a Providence staple for the past few years. Most people I have talked to are completely oblivious to this fact. I'm not the biggest fan of straight up stealing this from Providence with 0 trace of recognition. IF this was done against Providence as a 'in your face' gesture, or if it was announced we were stealing it from them and doing it better...I'd love it. But to just straight up steal it and pretend it was our own thing seems very lame to me. UConn's too successful of a program and playing too well to be stealing traditions from other schools...bad look imo
LOL @ any suggestion that Providence invented or has any claim to this.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
The frau would ask:
Who is Taylor Swift?
And yes, my wife does not know any music or songs by Taylor Swift, would not recognize any of the Kardashians, nor could tell you anything about popular culture.
But she could tell you about the 4 or 5 Nobel Prize winners who are (were) her friends and or mentor. (Watson, Crick, Dulbecco, Julius, and another two that escape me.)

Reaction Score
Appreciate the post. Serious question - what would we who have been paying attention for the last 5, 10, or 20 years expect of our athletic department other than to rip off a tired or lame tradition from some other school?
Don’t we have a marketing arm at UConn that can be creative with things such as music, halftime entertainment, not running a bush league $2 beer night, giveaways? Why would the athletic department run this stuff

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Narrator: and even Taylor Swift couldn't help Providence advance in the NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score
Michael Bolton is from Connecticut, it would be pretty cool if this became our theme song and if we could get him to show up at home games to sing along with the crowd.

He's been quite ill.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom