Reaction Score
Providence can have Taylor Swift. UConn has Kehlani

B5C75FA1-3293-44FA-968F-174018FF48EF.jpeg

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
That OP is a sad, strange little man; and he has my pity

This is what the kids call CRINGE:

They return from a commercial break and what do I hear? “We belong together” by our girl. Not only that but they cut the music and the crowd continued to sing. Obviously not nearly as well as us.

Reaction Score
Its not that providence owns the rights to Taylor Swift...its more, I'd be pissed if Yankee Stadium tried passing off Sweet Caroline as their own thing.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Nobody cares about Pee Cee

Reaction Score
What once was “our program is better” or “our coach is better” has officially become “you stole our Taylor Swift song”

This is like seeing a golden retriever with severe hip displasia limping off the deck. Time to put the old boy to sleep.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Foghat or bust is what I always say...
Appreciate the post. Serious question - what would we who have been paying attention for the last 5, 10, or 20 years expect of our athletic department other than to rip off a tired or lame tradition from some other school?
Please have this not be a serious question, any more than charging theft is a serious claim.
Here to knock Taylor Swift.
She can take it, even shake it off.
Providence banners be like

View attachment 95330
I didn't realize they had such a good year in 2014.
...and yet, a solid notch above your weighing in with how we should "admit" to your chosen take. If it rankled you or others, maybe it was better than merely seeing Clingan smiling & singing. I wouldn't choose the song, and it struck me as unoriginal the first time I heard it, but I'm three times as old as the kids singing. And ftr, while I'm not full-on Swiftie, I do like her quite a lot.

Nice note, nice t-shirts, terrific song.

Btw, why not post in Ucon thread that you spend time here, as a response to the guy who disliked the UConn fan's post in that PC board thread?

Much of the 'quit BE' thread was comments criticizing the idea. What about it pissed you off?

He's been quite ill.
True.
“You heard of this thing, the 8-Minute Abs?
Yeah, this is going to blow that right out of the water. Listen to this: 7… Minute… Abs.
Think about it. You walk into a video store, you see 8-Minute Abs sittin’ there, there’s 7-Minute Abs right beside it. Which one are you gonna pick, man?”

This is the kind of thinking the athletic department marketing team needs.

Struggle no more: consider a UConn grad going to law school at Kansas.

That OP is a sad, strange little man; and he has my pity
Hey, that's the guy who taught me the word "loyalier" that you're talking about.
Its not that providence owns the rights to Taylor Swift...its more, I'd be pissed if Yankee Stadium tried passing off Sweet Caroline as their own thing.
It's bad enough that Brooklyn native Neil Diamond fills Fenway.

Fun thread on a slow news night, though #10 Memphis lost at home to unranked USF.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Wow, this is such a weird topic. Even weirder because of the fact that a Providence fan is here defending it.

Trust me, if any team wants to play Jock jams, we are not going to claim we had it first. Much like Providence should do for Taylor Swift.

caw

Reaction Score
I guess for me it's all about how long the school has been doing it. I mean we aren't talking Sweet Caroline or New York New York here. PC keeps it going for 50 years and then they can lay claim to it being their theme song. If I were to guess it's a phase at UConn and PC.

Reaction Score
This is what the kids call CRINGE:

They return from a commercial break and what do I hear? “We belong together” by our girl. Not only that but they cut the music and the crowd continued to sing. Obviously not nearly as well as us.
The guy is enraged but he's confused Taylor Swift with Pat Benatar.

Reaction Score

Please have this not be a serious question, any more than charging theft is a serious claim.

She can take it, even shake it off.

I didn't realize they had such a good year in 2014.

...and yet, a solid notch above your weighing in with how we should "admit" to your chosen take. If it rankled you or others, maybe it was better than merely seeing Clingan smiling & singing. I wouldn't choose the song, and it struck me as unoriginal the first time I heard it, but I'm three times as old as the kids singing. And ftr, while I'm not full-on Swiftie, I do like her quite a lot.

Nice note, nice t-shirts, terrific song.

Btw, why not post in Ucon thread that you spend time here, as a response to the guy who disliked the UConn fan's post in that PC board thread?

Much of the 'quit BE' thread was comments criticizing the idea. What about it pissed you off?

True.

Struggle no more: consider a UConn grad going to law school at Kansas.

Hey, that's the guy who taught me the word "loyalier" that you're talking about.

It's bad enough that Brooklyn native Neil Diamond fills Fenway.

Fun thread on a slow news night, though #10 Memphis lost at home to unranked USF.

Brooklyn has a lot in common with Boston when it comes to Yankees.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom