T-Swift - UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

T-Swift - UConn

Reaction Score
Don’t we have a marketing arm at UConn that can be creative with things such as music, halftime entertainment, not running a bush league $2 beer night, giveaways? Why would the athletic department run this stuff
A large number of universities run $2 beer nights. They run them because they have proven profitable. Calling them bush league is not a good way to convince people you know are familiar with successful marketing promotions.

Reaction Score
A large number of universities run $2 beer nights. They run them because they have proven profitable. Calling them bush league is not a good way to convince people you know are familiar with successful marketing promotions.
Not to mention that the home crowd advantage becomes even more pronounced on those nights. Worth it.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Screen Shot 2024-01-18 at 5.55.12 PM.png

Reaction Score
By bush league I meant promote this event and run out of beer a 1/2 hour before tipoff. How friggin cheap can you be.

MrP

Reaction Score
Blasphemy

wolf of wall street GIF
Not to pile on with the OP, but the student section at Allen Fieldhouse was doing this when we played them 12.1.23. Sounds like UConn marketing is stealing corny ideas from multiple fanbases

Poe

Reaction Score
“You heard of this thing, the 8-Minute Abs?
Yeah, this is going to blow that right out of the water. Listen to this: 7… Minute… Abs.
Think about it. You walk into a video store, you see 8-Minute Abs sittin’ there, there’s 7-Minute Abs right beside it. Which one are you gonna pick, man?”

This is the kind of thinking the athletic department marketing team needs.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So stupid. They played like 4 straight singalong type songs that are played in hundreds of arenas. They also played Mr Brightside. Is the Michigan message board bent?

The crowd was great last night. Lots of electricity, students were A+. Fun night to be there. Anything else is a wet blanket.
Michigan? I think there’s an Irish Wake that might be upset.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You know why that luck ran out right?

Reaction Score
Don’t we have a marketing arm at UConn that can be creative with things such as music, halftime entertainment, not running a bush league $2 beer night, giveaways? Why would the athletic department run this stuff
Wassamatta you don't like the Suffield youth basketball halftime show?

Reaction Score
Not to pile on with the OP, but the student section at Allen Fieldhouse was doing this when we played them 12.1.23. Sounds like UConn marketing is stealing corny ideas from multiple fanbases
I've been doing this with my buddies for every celebration since the movie. It has been the theme of every bachelor party I've been in since 2015. It's doesn't have to be original it just has to be awesome. This was awesome.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom