T-Swift - UConn

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
q
2 for 2 on the photoshops tonight.
IMG_9675 (002).jpg

Reaction Score
Its not that providence owns the rights to Taylor Swift...its more, I'd be pissed if Yankee Stadium tried passing off Sweet Caroline as their own thing.
That creepy pedophilic song? I think you’re safe on nobody adopting that lol

By the way this was literally one game. Who says UConn is trying to make it a tradition? What if it was some other Taylor swift song?

Reaction Score
Again. It was one of four songs they sang at an extended break. And the fact you’re here because of it is really sad. I’m sorry this is the high point of your season.

You’re officially pathetic.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I’m glad someone said it. This will never catch on. Especially not when they’re blasting the clip over the speakers.

Well, it was pretty amazing at the game that night, and the loud speakers had nothing to do with it

It was the crowd singing, after the clip ended. It was fun. There's simply no denying it

Reaction Score
Well, it was pretty amazing at the game that night, and the loud speakers had nothing to do with it

It was the crowd singing, after the clip ended. It was fun. There's simply no denying it

My quote reply was in reference to the wolf of Wall Street scene that another poster brought up, not the Taylor swift song.

Attachments

• IMG_2430.jpeg
    IMG_2430.jpeg
    319.5 KB · Views: 43

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
My son had it played at his wedding several years ago as he and his bride finished their vows. The Connecticut contingent wax laughing and his wife’s criwd from California had no clue.
I should not type with my glasses off

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Jumping back in with some ideas for the folks in the AD:

Don't we already have our own fight song that students and fans could be encouraged to sing?

Could we pick another song and start our own tradition? For those that think I'm knocking Taylor Swift, I understand she might have a whole catalog of songs that are fun to sing along to. Or, as me and 12 friends did in the Carrier Dome in 2012, the crowd could sing "We are the champions" by Queen.

Or, encourage reciting famous quotes from UConn history? Starting with "That's what happens when you ban us!"?

Could we do something that facilitates a little bit of pride in the State of Connecticut?

Why not do something to highlight all the banners hanging from the rafters?

What about handing out 3 dollar bills with Cam Spencer's face on them and encouraging students to make it rain when he hits a 3? I did this in Pittsburgh in 2009, with bills with AJ Price's face on them (although if I recall it was Craig Austrie that triggered the rain) and I can assure you the opponent's fans did not like this.

Etc, etc, etc.
I was going to beat on you a little for your first post with that negativity, but I appreciate that you came back with ideas. I particularly like the Queen "We are the Champions". I think that would be great at tipoff so the TV world and our opponent get to hear it.
To add on, why not have UConn put a couple grand into getting Cameo videos of folks saying stuff. Maybe there's nobody on Cameo worth paying, but just thinking outside the box. I'd love to have Nicholson saying "You can't handle the Huskies!".

Reaction Score
I’m going to call her Tay tay after that lovely note.

Reaction Score
A Taylor Swift song being the biggest drama coming after a game must mean we played well

Reaction Score
Michael Bolton is from Connecticut, it would be pretty cool if this became our theme song and if we could get him to show up at home games to sing along with the crowd.

THAT would be great. D’Amelio, get on it.

Serious question, did anyone who has not actually attended a game at the Dunk even know this is a thing they do at PC? It’s not exactly one of college basketball’s storied traditions. I was never aware of it until this thread. And I still can’t get myself to give a . As the parent of a diehard Swifty, this song is among the worst in her catalog. Do Blank Space or Cruel Summer and we’d be cooking with gas.

Reaction Score
There is a rumor that the Red Sox stole Sweet Caroline from from Pee See.

Pee See is also claiming to be "the walrus."

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
THAT would be great. D’Amelio, get on it.

Serious question, did anyone who has not actually attended a game at the Dunk even know this is a thing they do at PC? It’s not exactly one of college basketball’s storied traditions. I was never aware of it until this thread. And I still can’t get myself to give a . As the parent of a diehard Swifty, this song is among the worst in her catalog. Do Blank Space or Cruel Summer and we’d be cooking with gas.
I had no clue it was a thing.

Reaction Score
Which is exactly what Providence does....

I got no problem with the students singing it and having a good time with it. Hell...its a great time. Its more the nonstop telling Providence what a lame fan base they are and then directly playing the same song they play, at the same time in the game, and cutting it off at the same lyrics they do. I got no problem with anyone in attendance enjoying it...i'm more like cmon UConn gameday productions. You saw somethign worked for someone else and just copied it entirely.

For everyone always having such strong opinions of Providnece sucking in here, its funny that no one knew about this song even though it comes through on TV audio clearly each time they play it. Almost like no one actually watches them, just talks blindly. You'd think for not having beaten Providence AT Providence since 2013, there'd be a little more rationality here.

Reaction Score
Just curious Friar J. Why are you on a UConn forum board? Asking for a friend.

Reaction Score

Thin skinned? Who is complaining about a Taylor Swift song being sung by a fan base.

No seriously, I agree. Dump the Swift song and just throw in a classic like... I don't know... how about "We are the Champions".

Reaction Score
Why can't we just admit that Providence is the clearly better program. They have the song we lust after. We haven't beaten them since 1933. We haven't ever had a coach as good as Cooley. Just give it up.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
My quote reply was in reference to the wolf of Wall Street scene that another poster brought up, not the Taylor swift song.

I like the Wolf of Wall St video too. I can actually participate in that one, since I can't sing to save my life

But I can pound my chest and grunt

And "I'm not going anywhere"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom