Study says Louisville has college basketball’s best fanbase; Kentucky 7th | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Study says Louisville has college basketball’s best fanbase; Kentucky 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My post was about as tame as could possibly be, and your incredibly thin skin flaked off in seconds.

This is what I wrote: "Things I enjoyed: the Seelbach hotel, Jazz, Louisville sports.

Things I didn't enjoy: food (lines all day outside the Spaghetti Factory), Bardstown Rd., nothing but strip mall hell, and the taxi service (my lord, unreal, wait all night for a taxi, and when they show up, they are invariably lunatics)."

Every thing I wrote has the virtue of being true. Are you telling me taxis run well in your town? The fact that this post angered you pretty clearly shows you have a problem.

The fact that you believe your subjective feelings on topics to be truisms, suggest that you have an overinflated opinion of yourself and well, of your opinions...

Reaction Score
The fact that you believe your subjective feelings on topics to be truisms, suggest that you have an overinflated opinion of yourself and well, of your opinions...

LOL, every longtime Luhvuhl person told me the same about the taxis! Pathetic. As for Bardstown, saw that with my own eyes. What did they do, pick it up and demolish it? It was there 2 years ago! And yeah, downtown is NOT happening. These things are absolutely true.

Reaction Score
LOL, every longtime Luhvuhl person told me the same about the taxis! Pathetic. As for Bardstown, saw that with my own eyes. What did they do, pick it up and demolish it? It was there 2 years ago! And yeah, downtown is NOT happening. These things are absolutely true.

You got me - there aren't a lot of taxis in Louisville. I guess that's due to most of us driving ourselves rather than relying on public transportation. Clearly you're right - I know that all the big travel mags list number of taxis as the most important criteria of a city's worth...

Bardstown Road is pretty long and there are some dodgy ends to it however, the section that is closest to downtown has dozens of nationally reviewed (and recommended) restaurants. Again, I don't know what you're used to - as you haven't said where it is that you live - but, 4th Street Live is happening 52 weekends a year and most weekdays during good weather. There jazz clubs on the east side of downtown, Triple A baseball, NCAA championship basketball and BCS Bowl Championship football all downtown. Maybe you just didn't know where to go.

Reaction Score
You got me - there aren't a lot of taxis in Louisville. I guess that's due to most of us driving ourselves rather than relying on public transportation. Clearly you're right - I know that all the big travel mags list number of taxis as the most important criteria of a city's worth...

Bardstown Road is pretty long and there are some dodgy ends to it however, the section that is closest to downtown has dozens of nationally reviewed (and recommended) restaurants. Again, I don't know what you're used to - as you haven't said where it is that you live - but, 4th Street Live is happening 52 weekends a year and most weekdays during good weather. There jazz clubs on the east side of downtown, Triple A baseball, NCAA championship basketball and BCS Bowl Championship football all downtown. Maybe you just didn't know where to go.

Typically, a city should have decent taxi service. But I guess since the city doesn't cater to visitors (which says a LOT about Louisville) your town doesn't. I said I liked the jazz, liked the Seelbach and the sports. Now stop being a whiny little crybaby. Grow up.

caw

Reaction Score
Just for fun:

I've been to Louisville multiple times. Things I enjoyed: the Seelbach hotel, Jazz, Louisville sports.

There jazz clubs on the east side of downtown, Triple A baseball, NCAA championship basketball and BCS Bowl Championship football all downtown. Maybe you just didn't know where to go.

Things I didn't enjoy: food (lines all day outside the Spaghetti Factory), the entertainment center (forget the name of the road, but it's outside the downtown core, and it's nothing but strip mall hell),

Bardstown Road is pretty long and there are some dodgy ends to it however, the section that is closest to downtown has dozens of nationally reviewed (and recommended) restaurants. Again, I don't know what you're used to - as you haven't said where it is that you live - but, 4th Street Live is happening 52 weekends a year and most weekdays during good weather.

and the taxi service (my lord, unreal, wait all night for a taxi, and when they show up, they are invariably lunatics).

I do believe there is absolutely no reason to go to Ville for a visit unless you're there to see Ville sports (or, in my case, a conference at the university).

Seems to me BobbyPs Ghost has some serious reading comprehension issues.

Both of you agree that Jazz and Louisville sports are good.

Both agree Louisville taxi's stink.

Both agree that outside the downtown center are some dodgy areas on Bardstown Road.

Why are you offended again BobbyPs Ghost?

I like UL and root for them (aside from games against UConn), and post on UL's website occasionally. The hate of UConn over there is as bad as you claim the hate for UL is here, if not worse. If there is a fanbase with an inferiority complex bigger than UL's fanbase, I have yet to meet them.

Reaction Score
Typically, a city should have decent taxi service. But I guess since the city doesn't cater to visitors (which says a LOT about Louisville) your town doesn't. I said I liked the jazz, liked the Seelbach and the sports. Now stop being a whiny little crybaby. Grow up.

Fair enough - I'll grow up, and you can duckk off. Should work for everyone...

Reaction Score
Just for fun:

Seems to me BobbyPs Ghost has some serious reading comprehension issues.

Both of you agree that Jazz and Louisville sports are good.

Both agree Louisville taxi's stink.

Both agree that outside the downtown center are some dodgy areas on Bardstown Road.

Why are you offended again BobbyPs Ghost?

I like UL and root for them (aside from games against UConn), and post on UL's website occasionally. The hate of UConn over there is as bad as you claim the hate for UL is here, if not worse. If there is a fanbase with an inferiority complex bigger than UL's fanbase, I have yet to meet them.

When you come late to the party caw, there's always something lost in translation and honestly, I've no interest in trying to catch you up. And though we appreciate the kind words, any imagined inferiority complex held by Louisville fans has surely been erased by 2012-2013. If there has been a better year for an athletic program in history; I'd sure like to hear it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If there has been a better year for an athletic program in history; I'd sure like to hear it.

Seriously? Wow.

Texas has won a national championship in football and baseball in the same year - freaking Florida won titles in football and basketball.

And that's in the past half-decade.

Reaction Score
Seriously? Wow.

Texas has won a national championship in football and baseball in the same year - freaking Florida won titles in football and basketball.

And that's in the past half-decade.

Yeah fishy, seriously.

Louisville got selected into the ACC - sorry again - won the BE in football and dominated "freaking" Florida in the Sugar Bowl. Was the regular season and tournament champions in BE basketball on the way to the NCAA championship, runner up in the NCAA women's championship (nice continued body of work Lady Huskies), won the BE in baseball, women's volleyball, etc.

I'd say that trumps whatever the hell you mentioned...

Reaction Score
It helps to have a winning program but those Utah State fans are in the top 5 in my book (at least for chants):

Reaction Score
Yeah fishy, seriously.

Louisville got selected into the ACC - sorry again - won the BE in football and dominated "freaking" Florida in the Sugar Bowl. Was the regular season and tournament champions in BE basketball on the way to the NCAA championship, runner up in the NCAA women's championship (nice continued body of work Lady Huskies), won the BE in baseball, women's volleyball, etc.

The fact you are on the UConn site in June arguing about downtown LVille and their wonderful women's vball team does tell me all I need to know about your life.......or the fact you don't even have one! But thanks for your interest in UConn men's basketball........

Reaction Score
The fact you are on the UConn site in June arguing about downtown LVille and their wonderful women's vball team does tell me all I need to know about your life.......or the fact you don't even have one! But thanks for your interest in UConn men's basketball........

And there you have it. It took you a while to get there but it happens almost every time here. Once guys like you run out of things to say, it's some version of "why are you here? Just leave us alone".

Just so you know, as you're on here and engaged in the conversation, your silly "life" comment cuts both ways...

Reaction Score
And there you have it. It took you a while to get there but it happens almost every time here. Once guys like you run out of things to say, it's some version of "why are you here? Just leave us alone".

Just so you know, as you're on here and engaged in the conversation, your silly "life" comment cuts both ways...

How is that dopey? I'm here on a UConn site looking to see how my favorite college hoops team which I've been following for 40 plus years has been doing on the summer recruiting trial....and you're here why dipsh*t?;)

Reaction Score
How is that dopey? I'm here on a UConn site looking to see how my favorite college hoops team which I've been following for 40 plus years has been doing on the summer recruiting trial....and you're here why dip ?;)

I'm here for the witty comments...:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I'm here for the witty comments...:rolleyes:
You'd think living in such a beautiful city like Louisville, you wouldn't have time for all this message board stuff. After all LVille is such a bustling little place. There must be a UL badminton game to attend, no?

Reaction Score
You'd think living in such a beautiful city like Louisville, you wouldn't have time for all this message board stuff. After all LVille is such a bustling little place. There must be a UL badminton game to attend, no?

See, what did I tell you? Right on cue...

caw

Reaction Score
When you come late to the party caw, there's always something lost in translation and honestly, I've no interest in trying to catch you up. And though we appreciate the kind words, any imagined inferiority complex held by Louisville fans has surely been erased by 2012-2013. If there has been a better year for an athletic program in history; I'd sure like to hear it.

LOL, you really are poor at making arguments (in the philosophical sense). This is a message board, unless something was edited or deleted, there is no "coming late to the party" in the sense of missing something. Every word is there for me to read in black and white, no one needs to be caught up.

The fact is that you either read his initial message a) selectively to start an argument (in the bar room sense), or b) are very poor at reading comprehension. You got called out, backtracked and hedged, threw some jabs about UConn fans being jealous of UL as the purported reason any person wouldn't think Louiseville wasn't the absolutely perfect city.

Now you are trying your hardest to turn UConn fans frustrations with your poorly put together arguments as them being defensive and resorting to "get out of here" because you have superior logic when in fact you just are too damn dumb to realize you never mounted a significant well thought out offensive.

caw

Reaction Score
Yeah fishy, seriously.

Serious question, Men's Basketball aside, has UL ever won a NCAA championship ever? I can't find a record of it, if UL has.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Boy, did this devolve into a crappy thread. Dissing Louisville for its Spaghetti Factory lines opened an unfortunate door and now we've got this silly p1ssing contest.

Yes, Louisville's public transit options are as weak as they are in most medium-sized US cities, so I suppose it could come up short in a way that Hartford might for some. And it's not a major city like NY, Boston, SF, DC, Seattle, Philadelphia, LA, Dallas, etc. Duh

That said, Louisville is repeatedly and appropriately recognized as a very good place to live. It certainly stacks up well by measurements favored by most who live in CT, with a notably lower cost of living. My experience of its metro area-incorporated-into-the city is that it looks and feels somewhat similar to coastal Fairfield County from Stratford thru Norwalk. It's a milder climate, naturally beautiful mix of city/suburb/country, with good and bad neighborhoods, lush parks, better-than-average culture & food options, historic sites & architecture, and (to contrast with CT) a mixture of North/South/Midwest that you won't find anywhere else in America. For the record, I like Bardstown Road and The Highlands. And I like CT.

It's a bummer that UofL got the ACC invite, but it's easy here to lose sight that football dollars is what busted up the best basketball conference ever. It's not that Upstater is wrong, but I doubt that I'd consult his guidebook.

Reaction Score
Yeah fishy, seriously.

Not to nit-pick, but UConn won the BE Baseball championship.

Reaction Score
Boy, did this devolve into a crappy thread. Dissing Louisville for its Spaghetti Factory lines opened an unfortunate door and now we've got this silly p1ssing contest.

Yes, Louisville's public transit options are as weak as they are in most medium-sized US cities, so I suppose it could come up short in a way that Hartford might for some. And it's not a major city like NY, Boston, SF, DC, Seattle, Philadelphia, LA, Dallas, etc. Duh

That said, Louisville is repeatedly and appropriately recognized as a very good place to live. It certainly stacks up well by measurements favored by most who live in CT, with a notably lower cost of living. My experience of its metro area-incorporated-into-the city is that it looks and feels somewhat similar to coastal Fairfield County from Stratford thru Norwalk. It's a milder climate, naturally beautiful mix of city/suburb/country, with good and bad neighborhoods, lush parks, better-than-average culture & food options, historic sites & architecture, and (to contrast with CT) a mixture of North/South/Midwest that you won't find anywhere else in America. For the record, I like Bardstown Road and The Highlands. And I like CT.

It's a bummer that UofL got the ACC invite, but it's easy here to lose sight that football dollars is what busted up the best basketball conference ever. It's not that Upstater is wrong, but I doubt that I'd consult his guidebook.

What is it with you Louisville denizens? I didn't detect such an inferiority complex when I've visited there. For the record, I've lived in other smallish cities, like New Haven, Providence, and Albany. I mean, it really does suck being stranded in strip mall hell for 3 hours waiting for a taxi. It's bad. It's really indefensibly bad. It would never happen in Providence and Albany. And yes, I am not a fan of cities with empty downtown cores, but with everyone congregating along strip malls. This is the same reason I don't much like Atlanta, even though it has a lot more going on than Louisville. Ya know, when you go to a place, you're downtown at a nice hotel, you don't expect to have difficulty finding food and transportation.

Here's the thing: I think I was actually nice to Louisville. I've often defended small industrial cities on this board--even Syracuse (because I like BBQ!). But Louisville has always left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm also a city person--have only lived in cities. So I tend to judge cities and not the beautifully lush surrounding countryside (which I rarely visit when I'm in a town for only a few days). Great for the people that live there. For outsiders, the city is rather less than charming, to be kind.

Reaction Score
Not to nit-pick, but UConn won the BE Baseball championship.

You're not nit picking at all - UConn did win the BE baseball tournament championship - and beat UofL in the process. For the record, I was sorry to see Va tech beat them them in the regionals. As for UofL, well they won the regular season BE baseball championship and are now on the way to the super regional, after having won their regional tournament yesterday.

Reaction Score
LOL, you really are poor at making arguments (in the philosophical sense). This is a message board, unless something was edited or deleted, there is no "coming late to the party" in the sense of missing something. Every word is there for me to read in black and white, no one needs to be caught up.

The fact is that you either read his initial message a) selectively to start an argument (in the bar room sense), or b) are very poor at reading comprehension. You got called out, backtracked and hedged, threw some jabs about UConn fans being jealous of UL as the purported reason any person wouldn't think Louiseville wasn't the absolutely perfect city.

Now you are trying your hardest to turn UConn fans frustrations with your poorly put together arguments as them being defensive and resorting to "get out of here" because you have superior logic when in fact you just are too damn dumb to realize you never mounted a significant well thought out offensive.

Wow, you sure are a self-important little twit. How was my sentence structure?

I commented on what I thought was a poster's misperception of the city. Catching you up would have included correcting you on your lack of understanding (comprehension?) of what I was referencing. For example, I said that the area of Bardstown road that he was referring to is actually nationally known as an area to visit while in Louisville because of its restaurants and other points of interest however, the road is quite long and there are some dodgy areas at the end of it. Somehow you interpret that to be my agreement with him that the area is terrible. I also thought it interesting that in a thread citing an article saying Louisville's fan base is the best, he felt it important to say that overall, he didn't like the city.

So I commented to that effect - period.

Reaction Score

I commented on what I thought was a poster's misperception of the city. Catching you up would have included correcting you on your lack of understanding (comprehension?) of what I was referencing. For example, I said that the area of Bardstown road that he was referring to is actually nationally known as an area to visit while in Louisville because of its restaurants and other points of interest however, the road is quite long and there are some dodgy areas at the end of it. Somehow you interpret that to be my agreement with him that the area is terrible. I also thought it interesting that in a thread citing an article saying Louisville's fan base is the best, he felt it important to say that overall, he didn't like the city.

Caw, it's nationally known, everyone is raving about it!!! This is one of the best strip mall havens in the USA! How dare you!!

Reaction Score

"self-important"?? From you Casper that's pretty hilarious........a guy who continues to post on something he must believe to be of importance to anyone but himself!! It's a basketball board with a poster who didn't particularly care for "your" town and you came back with some factoids which were fine. You should have left well enough alone after your rebuttal but the fact you are a self-important idiot (not a twit) has had you coming back for more BS........congrats you have made your way into the Cuse-type on this board but you've earned it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom