Study says Louisville has college basketball’s best fanbase; Kentucky 7th | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Study says Louisville has college basketball’s best fanbase; Kentucky 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Have you been to Louisville? There is literally nothing else in that city (besides maybe fried mayonaise balls) to keep those people preoccupied.

It's a lot like Syracuse in that regard.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I'd add IU too. Even when they're ty their fans are rabid.

This reply has absolutely nothing to do with your post but as a bowler and Reno resident I felt like I had to give props to your scree name. Ive been meaning to do it for quite some time and just got around to it.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I respect your list but I cant place Arkansas above okstate, cincy, south Carolina, Maryland, temple, Michigan, unlv, nova. plus a handful of the 40's and 50's programs that won multiple NITs
good list and like the way you broke it down-
I CLEARLY MISSED THE POINT - I WAS NOT THINKING FAN BASE
MAYBE ARKANSAS IS A TOP 15 FAN BASE BUT NOT PROGRAM

Reaction Score
Have you been to Louisville? There is literally nothing else in that city (besides maybe fried mayonaise balls) to keep those people preoccupied.

Literally the dumbest comment on the whole board. Read a travel mag - you moronic troll...

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Actually, very wrong, even without the swipe at Syracuse

Reaction Score
Actually, very wrong, even without the swipe at Syracuse

I've been to Louisville multiple times. Things I enjoyed: the Seelbach hotel, Jazz, Louisville sports.

Things I didn't enjoy: food (lines all day outside the Spaghetti Factory), the entertainment center (forget the name of the road, but it's outside the downtown core, and it's nothing but strip mall hell), and the taxi service (my lord, unreal, wait all night for a taxi, and when they show up, they are invariably lunatics).

I do believe there is absolutely no reason to go to Ville for a visit unless you're there to see Ville sports (or, in my case, a conference at the university).

Reaction Score
The Louisville Slugger Museum is pretty cool if you're a baseball fan.

Reaction Score
I've been to Louisville multiple times. Things I enjoyed: the Seelbach hotel, Jazz, Louisville sports.

Things I didn't enjoy: food (lines all day outside the Spaghetti Factory), the entertainment center (forget the name of the road, but it's outside the downtown core, and it's nothing but strip mall hell), and the taxi service (my lord, unreal, wait all night for a taxi, and when they show up, they are invariably lunatics).

I do believe there is absolutely no reason to go to Ville for a visit unless you're there to see Ville sports (or, in my case, a conference at the university).

Here's what you enjoyed but omitted - jacking off in your hotel room.

The Spaghetti Factory? When did you visit Louisville - 1995? My office is downtown and no one has stood in line for the sf for 15 years. 4th street Live is what I'm guessing you are referencing and, it is jumping 200 nights of the year.

Of course you're right - there's no reason to leave the comfort of beautiful downtown Storrs, unless you want to attend the Kentucky Derby, walk the Bourbon Trail, or dine at one of Louisville's many celebrated restaurants.

Whatever little cred you had on the topic has now been exposed...

Reaction Score

The Spaghetti Factory? When did you visit Louisville - 1995? My office is downtown and no one has stood in line for the sf for 15 years. 4th street Live is what I'm guessing you are referencing and, it is jumping 200 nights of the year.

Of course you're right - there's no reason to leave the comfort of beautiful downtown Storrs, unless you want to attend the Kentucky Derby, walk the Bourbon Trail, or dine at one of Louisville's many celebrated restaurants.

You may have a point but to come to a UConn board and hammer Storrs to make your point is pretty stupid so you've been exposed as a dumb** also...........and while I am sure LVille is beautiful (much more there than people are discussing here) and the Bourbon Trail is there all year round as well as the restaurants the Kentucky Derby isn't.........would love to be there for the "event" but we like cows in Storrs for their ice cream not horses for their meat!! ;)

Reaction Score
You may have a point but to come to a UConn board and hammer Storrs to make your point is pretty stupid so you've been exposed as a dumb* also...........and while I am sure LVille is beautiful (much more there than people are discussing here) and the Bourbon Trail is there all year round as well as the restaurants the Kentucky Derby isn't.........would love to be there for the "event" but we like cows in Storrs for their ice cream not horses for their meat!! ;)

Please show me where I hammered Storrs pal. I've not been there - so for me to say something negative about it would be dumb which, was sort of my point. My response was to someone who is clearly ignorant when it comes to the city of Louisville, and yet still decided to take a crap on it mostly based on his irritation that UofL made it into the ACC over UConn.

So you've deducted points because our world renown event is only one day? Your comment about horse meat (if serious) is simply silly. The closest to Louisville you will find a horse meat meal, is the IKea store in Columbus, Ohio.

Reaction Score

Wow, this guy is the prickliest guy in eons. "My office is downtown and no one has stood in line for the sf for 15 years." This line says it all. I think I touched a nerve.

Looking at the map, strip mall hell is Bardstown Rd. Also known as central. Hideous.

I've really been to Louisville multiple times. It does not measure up as a decent town at all!!!!

Reaction Score
and while I am sure LVille is beautiful (much more there than people are discussing here)

It's really not. I had no preformed biases against the place. But it is nowheresville. Anyone who tells you it's happening is absolutely lying.

Reaction Score
Wow, this guy is the prickliest guy in eons. "My office is downtown and no one has stood in line for the sf for 15 years." This line says it all. I think I touched a nerve.

Looking at the map, strip mall hell is Bardstown Rd. Also known as central. Hideous.

I've really been to Louisville multiple times. It does not measure up as a decent town at all!!!!

Prickly? Nah. Accurate? Yep. The simple fact is that you showed your ignorance of the city of Louisville - as well as your uneducated palate - if you stood in line at the spaghetti factory, with the rest of your fellow cardboard box conventioneers. What's a matter - couldn't you find a Bubba Gump Shrimp?

Rather than look at a map, you should have actually gone to Bardstown road - though you surely would have added to the count - and dined at one of the numerous nationally known and reviewed local restaurants. I'm guessing you didn't, as it would have cut down on your hotel room jack sessions...

Reaction Score
Prickly? Nah. Accurate? Yep. The simple fact is that you showed your ignorance of the city of Louisville - as well as your uneducated palate - if you stood in line at the spaghetti factory, with the rest of your fellow cardboard box conventioneers. What's a matter - couldn't you find a Bubba Gump Shrimp?

Rather than look at a map, you should have actually gone to Bardstown road - though you surely would have added to the count - and dined at one of the numerous nationally known and reviewed local restaurants. I'm guessing you didn't, as it would have cut down on your hotel room jack sessions...

What is it with you and jacking off?

The fact you think a hick mall strip is happening tells me everything I need to know about you.

And the lines at the Spaghetti Factory were visible from the outside, you didn't need to go inside.

Downtown (outside the Seelbach Hotel) is basically dreary and depressing.

So, I showed my ignorance of Louisville by basically calling it like I saw it (empty downtown), Spaghetti Factory is popular, we were stranded on Bardstown after eating at a less than mediocre restaurant that people raved about. Believe me, I would have rather been in my hotel jacking off and other things rather than waiting for a taxi on that strip, but that's Louisville for you.

Reaction Score
What is it with you and jacking off?

The fact you think a hick mall strip is happening tells me everything I need to know about you.

And the lines at the Spaghetti Factory were visible from the outside, you didn't need to go inside.

Downtown (outside the Seelbach Hotel) is basically dreary and depressing.

So, I showed my ignorance of Louisville by basically calling it like I saw it (empty downtown), Spaghetti Factory is popular, we were stranded on Bardstown after eating at a less than mediocre restaurant that people raved about. Believe me, I would have rather been in my hotel jacking off and other things rather than waiting for a taxi on that strip, but that's Louisville for you.

What is it with you and taste? Of course you know more about Louisville than do its residents or the people who's job it is to review cities and have consistently had only good things to say about Louisville.

Again, it's not hard to see that your criticisms of Louisville are rooted in your unhappiness that UofL landed in the ACC and (only for the time being hopefully) UConn did not.

Reaction Score
What is it with you and taste? Of course you know more about Louisville than do its residents or the people who's job it is to review cities and have consistently had only good things to say about Louisville.

Again, it's not hard to see that your criticisms of Louisville are rooted in your unhappiness that UofL landed in the ACC and (only for the time being hopefully) UConn did not.

Wow, Lousiville is a cosmopolitan town, it's great. Now stay there and don't me.

Reaction Score

You have begun to regress by implying we care about LVille going to the ACC......it's good for you guys and we wanted to land somewhere but UConn will be fine. Heck maybe if you win a couple more NC's soon Pitino can catch JC although I think the next one of the 2 programs will go to Ollie no matter what conference we are in!!! Knowing upstater as a poster he could care less about where Louisville landed I promise as could everyone else. We only care about Senore as a friend of the BYard, you on the other hand didn't start out all that well.

Reaction Score
You have begun to regress by implying we care about LVille going to the ACC......it's good for you guys and we wanted to land somewhere but UConn will be fine. Heck maybe if you win a couple more NC's soon Pitino can catch JC although I think the next one of the 2 programs will go to Ollie no matter what conference we are in!!! Knowing upstater as a poster he could care less about where Louisville landed I promise as could everyone else. We only care about Senore as a friend of the BYard, you on the other hand didn't start out all that well.

You're right - there's no rampant hating of Louisville here since the ACC decision (eye roll). That's why a topic about fan bases devolves into some idiot saying the city of Louisville is crap.

Not for nothing but I'm on record here several times stating my hope for UConn that it lands in either the ACC or B1G and, I've got nothing but respect for what UConn has accomplished in hoops. I'm just saying you don't build yourself up, by tearing somebody else down...

Reaction Score
You're right - there's no rampant hating of Louisville here since the ACC decision (eye roll). That's why a topic about fan bases devolves into some idiot saying the city of Louisville is crap.
No need to roll your eyes - there hasn't been rampant Louisville hating on this board.

Sure, we might be a little bitter, but most of the vitriol has been directed elsewhere (namely FSU, Miami, Syracuse ad BCU).

Reaction Score
No need to roll your eyes - there hasn't been rampant Louisville hating on this board.

Sure, we might be a little bitter, but most of the vitriol has been directed elsewhere (namely FSU, Miami, Syracuse ad BCU).

Really? I seem to recall lots of posters wanting Florida to win the Sugar Bowl and Michigan to win the NC because "well, just duck Louisville".

Reaction Score
Trust me: on the (long) list of schools this board despises, Louisville is very far down there.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Really? I seem to recall lots of posters wanting Florida to win the Sugar Bowl and Michigan to win the NC because "well, just duck Louisville".

Wasn't going to bother commenting on this, but decided this needed some attention. People didn't root against ville because they despise them personally, they root against them because they want to think the ACC made a bad choice and UConn would be the better program to take. Louisville is probably my second favorite team in the old big east, but I want to see them fail only because I want other conferences to see the error in their ways and realize UConn is the best elite program out there on an island.

As for ragging on someone who actually visited Louisville and didn't like it, that's just stupid. He had a bad experience in a city he didn't like. Hell, I didn't really like Maui all that much and would rather go other places. People have preferences. Live with the fact that not every person in the world doesn't like Louisville.

Reaction Score
Wasn't going to bother commenting on this, but decided this needed some attention. People didn't root against ville because they despise them personally, they root against them because they want to think the ACC made a bad choice and UConn would be the better program to take. Louisville is probably my second favorite team in the old big east, but I want to see them fail only because I want other conferences to see the error in their ways and realize UConn is the best elite program out there on an island.

As for ragging on someone who actually visited Louisville and didn't like it, that's just stupid. He had a bad experience in a city he didn't like. Hell, I didn't really like Maui all that much and would rather go other places. People have preferences. Live with the fact that not every person in the world doesn't like Louisville.

I'm aware of the reality that there are people that don't like Louisville - I'm sure some of them even live here - and I don't have a problem with that. I'm also aware that there are heads on message boards who crap on things simply for the sake of doing so but, I do have a problem with that.

Ironically, Maui isn't at the top of my list either...

Reaction Score
I'm aware of the reality that there are people that don't like Louisville - I'm sure some of them even live here - and I don't have a problem with that. I'm also aware that there are heads on message boards who crap on things simply for the sake of doing so but, I do have a problem with that.

Ironically, Maui isn't at the top of my list either...

My post was about as tame as could possibly be, and your incredibly thin skin flaked off in seconds.

This is what I wrote: "Things I enjoyed: the Seelbach hotel, Jazz, Louisville sports.

Things I didn't enjoy: food (lines all day outside the Spaghetti Factory), Bardstown Rd., nothing but strip mall hell, and the taxi service (my lord, unreal, wait all night for a taxi, and when they show up, they are invariably lunatics)."

Every thing I wrote has the virtue of being true. Are you telling me taxis run well in your town? The fact that this post angered you pretty clearly shows you have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom