Stewie had a great weekend..... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Stewie had a great weekend.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Ray shoots more open open than most would teach. So did Reggie Miller. Noone can deny the greatness of either one on the long shot. As I said earlier it is possible to cite a dozen or more great shooters in the NBA who shoot with a variety of forms. They do it by shooting hundreds and thousands of shots. It does not mean their form is the most efficient. It means they are gloriously skilled. The best bio-mechanical formfor the simplest and most repeatable action produces the best results for most. That is what you see in Maya and KML and it is something we all recognize for its artful simplicity. Your eye tells you it is pure.
Ice,

I will let you have the last word which is something you obviously feel is really important. You are not learned... You are verbose. For you, learning is not a two-way street, it is one-way only.... your way.

The BY's Mr. 'Don't Mess With The Mojo', finds it necessary to critique our best player on the eve of the national championship? Nice.

It must be really difficult to go through life thinking you are right about everything.

YOP Pap

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I wasn't criticizing Stewie at all. I was discussing the difference between her shot and the classic form and why it may well make a difference. I apologize if that wasn't clear.

The mojo stuff is all in fun.

Blessings.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Icebear, I admire your relentless teaching. But, most people here can't tell a jump shot from a floater.

We'll be back some other time and dissect Saniya's form. :eek:

Oh yeah! Don't forget the MOJO.

WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Ice,

I will let you have the last word which is something you obviously feel is really important. You are not learned... You are verbose. For you, learning is not a two-way street, it is one-way only.... your way.

The BY's Mr. 'Don't Mess With The Mojo', finds it necessary to critique our best player on the eve of the national championship? Nice.

It must be really difficult to go through life thinking you are right about everything.

YOP Pap
Well he is right about this. Stewart's form is not a classic form. But then very few are. Her's is more a "goofy" form. :D I don't think anybody is going to change Stewart's form at this point, and I probably wouldn't try. It might be because of her body type, the classic form may not even work best for her.

Had a kid I graduated with who shot a "dead" ball. Had almost no spin on it at all. But was an All-Stater. (didn't go much further than that though, bounced around a couple colleges before he went into the military.....had a career there I believe) I used to practice his shot, just because it was so unusual. As Ice said, one can increase the accuracy of a shot through repetition even if the form is not classic.

This is very similar to a baseball swing. There are good mechanics and bad mechanics. Some of the player with bad mechanics can still be very good hitters. But those with the "sweet" swing (Williams, Griffey Jr) are the ones who make it look easy.

Chillax a little people, these are just some observations.:cool:

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Icebear, I admire your relentless teaching. But, most people here can't tell a jump shot from a floater.

We'll be back some other time and dissect Saniya's form. :eek:

Oh yeah! Don't forget the MOJO.

WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Really? You need to insult most people on the board?

Reaction Score
Had a kid I graduated with who shot a "dead" ball. Had almost no spin on it at all. But was an All-Stater. (didn't go much further than that though, bounced around a couple colleges before he went into the military.....had a career there I believe) I used to practice his shot, just because it was so unusual. As Ice said, one can increase the accuracy of a shot through repetition even if the form is not classic.

About 35 years ago my wife won the CT high school shoot out champion. I still don't like her shot. :D

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I actually enjoyed this thread even with a little heated back and forth. And I think the purest Ice and everyone else recognizes that 'classic' is only applicable as a 'comparison' of form. And that especially when you get into truly unique body types while 'classic' still has meaning, individuals may need to adjust. Shoulder and elbow joints and their musculature are infinitely variable as are the dimensions/musculature of wrist/hand/fingers and all of these are critical in a basketball shot as well as the length/strength of each part of the arm, the breadth of shoulder, the length/strength of torso and legs/feet and how everything is aligned at rest and in motion. Stewart is about as unique in body form as they come with incredibly long arms for an already long body. It may be that because of that length and the resultant leverage issues that a perfectly classic shooting form is not actually perfect for her, or it may not, but none of us will ever know.
It is a form that works for her and that she has repeated ad infinitum through her life. As she continues to work in the weight room and mature into her body, the added muscle and the typical increase in bulk that comes with maturity may lead her to make subtle adjustments to that form. I do not think anyone is advocating she break it all down and start from scratch. Nor that a shooting coach would be wise to make major adjustments.

We have a shining example of the issues involved in a different sport - Tiger Woods - and the debates rage on (and will into eternity) about the last 15 years of his almost constant changes to his swing from minor to complete breakdowns and rebuilds. And there is no answer except ... he had incredible early success before the major tinkering and has had less since which could be because of his body aging and breaking down with injuries, improved competition, or dumb luck (e.g. that almost perfect shot at the masters that hit the pin and went into the water.)

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
If you take it that way you must feeling guilty. :p
Guilty about what?

If you mean I think you are including me in your demeaning statement where you said most posters here don't know the difference between a jump shot and a floater, yes, I think you probably are.

Of course, you are wrong about me and most posters here.

Reaction Score
Of course, you are wrong about me and most posters here.
You think !

If you mean I think you are including me in your demeaning statement where you said most posters here don't know the difference between a jump shot and a floater, yes, I think you probably are.

I would think you know a thing or two about exaggeration. Here you'are took it literately and try to corner and pinch them down. I'm not interested in you but from what I've known you so far.....It appears to me you're arrogant and condescending.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I actually enjoyed this thread even with a little heated back and forth.

There is no heat for or from me at all in any of it except for my one response to DD. With DD it is an inverse proposition, the more I post the less he has to read. ;) As meyers said it was all observation.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There is no heat for me at all in any of it except for my one response to DD. As meyers said it was all observation.
Good for you Icebear. Life is to damn short to take any of these sport talk seriously. I have a bigger problem which I haven't seen my wife and kids in 50 days and counting.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Good for you Icebear. Life is to damn short to take any of these sport talk seriously. I have a bigger problem which I haven't seen my wife and kids in 50 days and counting.
Hang tough, hope you see them soon.

Reaction Score
Ted St. Martin appears to have terrible form yet is a pretty good foul shooter. I believe his current record is over 5,200 consecutive. Check youtube
upload_2014-4-4_12-14-32.jpeg

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
You think !

I would think you know a thing or two about exaggeration. Here you'are took it literately and try to corner and pinch them down. I'm not interested in you but from what I've known you so far.....It appears to me you're arrogant and condescending.
Wow, a what a combo.

You made believe you didn't speak good English because it wasn't your first language, as another poster suggested. So what does that make you.

So, you didn't mean most posters here don't know a jump shot from a floater?

Then what did you mean?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
There is no heat for me at all in any of it except for my one response to DD. With DD it is an inverse proposition, the more I post the less he has to read. ;) As meyers said it was all observation.
When posters like Cat and Paps seem to have an issue with it, it's more than just an observation.

I know when posters I respect think I go over the line, I know it's something I have to think about. I'm not perfect and maybe they have a point.

Reaction Score
When posters like Cat and Paps seem to have an issue with it, it's more than just an observation.

I know when posters I respect think I go over the line, I know it's something I have to think about. I'm not perfect and maybe they have a point.

I guess I'm one of those who doesn't know a jump shot from a floater, too I also never learned or taught bio-
mechanics or used them when I played. Keep the faith Daddy, I'm with you all the way.

Reaction Score
You made believe you didn't speak good English because it wasn't your first language, as another poster suggested. So what does that make you.
I did not not make believe I didn't speak good English. My English can be pretty bad and wordy at time and that's the true. But for you to jumped all over me and called me out how bad my English was and now you acted like there's no bad blood between us..

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I did not not make believe I didn't speak good English. My English can be pretty bad and wordy at time and that's the true. But for you to jumped all over me and called me out how bad my English was and now you acted like there's no bad blood between us..
Calm down, bucko.

I have no bad blood with anyone. You are taking this was too seriously.

I get called out for my bad English all the time. I don't get so crazy over it.

Reaction Score
Calm down, bucko.
I have no bad blood with anyone. You are taking this was too seriously.
I get called out for my bad English all the time. I don't get so crazy over it.

Well, I still don't like the sound of your voice. I guess the little authority you have, has gotten into your head. As the old saying goes " you can't teach an old dog a new trick"

Last edited:

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Well, I still don't like the sound of your voice. I guess the little authority you have gotten into your head. As old saying goes " you can't teach an old dog a new trick"
I have no authority.

Sound of my voice....lol.

Reaction Score
You think !

as in VERY and VERY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom