Stewie had a great weekend..... | The Boneyard

Stewie had a great weekend.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Grumpy old men.jpg

Ok, I don't really believe my headline. In fact, Stewie was not her usual superstar self. But I can't help laughing when fellow BY's post that she "took a few games off" or something negative to that effect. Bunch of grumpy old men. :cool: Consider her weekend:
1. Played 65 of 80 possible minutes.
2. Scored 29 points in 2 games. Was 9-24 from the field.
3. Made 9-10 free throws, many on the front end of 1 and 1s. :)
4. Had 10 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 blocks and 3 steals.
5. Had 0 turnovers in 2 games. Let me repeat, 0 turnovers..!! :p

I've said this before, "Playing basketball at this level is harder than it looks." Especially from your sofa w/ a mouth full of Cheetos. :rolleyes: I guess I'm grumpy too.

Go Huskies..!!

Reaction Score
I love Stewie, but what has been a concern to me is her shooting technique, she is not a purist shooter like Maya or KML. I'm afraid there will more bad streaks to come but not the next weekend PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
she is not a purist shooter like Maya or KML.

I don't understand this - what does "purist shooter" mean? And did Maya and KML never have an off game?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

I don't understand this - what does "purist shooter" mean? And did Maya and KML never have an off game?
She does not shoot with her elbow directly under the ball. Where the shot is executed on a pivot over the elbow joint and shooting wrist. Instead she has the ball suspended between both hands elbows out. It means there can be competition for the two hands for control of the ball leading to inconsistency.

Last edited:

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
She does not shoot with her elbow directly under the ball. Where the shot is executedon a pivot over the elbow joint and shooting wrist. Instead she has the ball suspended between both hands elbows out. It means there can be competition for the two hands for control of the ball leading to inconsistency.
Doesn't look that way here....

794441.jpg

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
View attachment 5517

Ok, I don't really believe my headline. In fact, Stewie was not her usual superstar self. But I can't help laughing when fellow BY's post that she "took a few games off" or something negative to that effect. Bunch of grumpy old men. :cool: Consider her weekend:

I've said this before, "Playing basketball at this level is harder than it looks." Especially from your sofa w/ a mouth full of Cheetos. :rolleyes: I guess I'm grumpy too.

Go Huskies..!!
Oh I get it......April Fools. ;)

(Stewart did not have a "great" weekend. Decent. But not near great. See FF 2013 for "great")

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Oh I get it.April Fools. ;)

(Stewart did not have a "great" weekend. Decent. But not near great. See FF 2013 for "great")

Agree...Did you read the first two sentences of the post..?? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
She does not shoot with her elbow directly under the ball. Where the shot is executedon a pivot over the elbow joint and shooting wrist. Instead she has the ball suspended between both hands elbows out. It means there can be competition for the two hands for control of the ball leading to inconsistency.

Well put, I couldn't agree more.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I have noticed that her three point shots were flat, like on a line drive. Her shots that went in had a nice arc to them. Just my observation.

Reaction Score

Take a look at Icebear post. And yes anybody can have an off day. What I'm talking about is the technique of a shooter just before she or he releases the ball will make or break her average.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Purist or not ... Stewart has been a consistent high percentage shooter since at least junior high on every team she has played on whether it be HS, AAU, college or USA basketball. Does she have bad games ... yes. Is there any basketball player in the world that never has bad games - no. (Thank goodness for that one real stinker Kelly through in her sophomore season, or I would have had to answer Yes :))
The problem for people in looking at Stewart is she can also put together a streak of 5-10 games where she shoots 70% with 65% from three. So when she has an off weekend and only shoots 38% it is a 'disaster'. And just remind me of who that player was that went 1-15 in an NCAA game?

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
View attachment 5517

Go Huskies..!!
Take a look at Icebear post. And yes anybody can have an off day. What I'm talking about is the technique of a shooter just before she or he releases the ball will make or break her average.

Take a look Bubba...(from Cat)...

stewie102way_custom-04a20dee6ee345c5034d78e69deb310f25a7e8a3-s6-c85.jpg

Reaction Score
UcMiami,
So what you're saying is she's a streaky shooter. I hope she will be on the up swing of her streaks or we are DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HGN

Reaction Score
Ok David , maybe she didn't take a few games off. She was just not her usual dominating presence we have become so use to. And when we don't get 'dominating' We get sad. Now I will take her end of game numbers , they weren't bad. But i wanted more like many on the BY. Call me Spoiled if you want to. I can take it. I will even admit it.

BUT STEWIE THE ONE WHO SPOILED ME!:D

Reaction Score

Justin- do you research, watch and observe before you write comments like that above ? Stewie has only one control hand on the bottom and the highest release point of any player presently playing male or female.Her shot is off simple as that.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Justin- do you research, watch and observe before you write comments like that above ? Stewie has only one control hand on the bottom and the highest release point of any player presently playing male or female.Her shot is off simple as that.
Phil - Look at who you are quoting....

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Doesn't look that way here....

794441.jpg
Actually, it looks exactly like that. Compare that to KML or Maya. Actually, this angle is not as good as the one in Cat and Ozzie's where the camera is perpendicular to her shoulder line and one can see she is not looking along the same line as her shooting line.

Last edited:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Take a look Bubba...(from Cat)...

stewie102way_custom-04a20dee6ee345c5034d78e69deb310f25a7e8a3-s6-c85.jpg
Oz, that is not classic form the shooting elbow is splayed outward and is not directly under the ball (note the line of the forearm extended up through the palm and the ball and you will note the tilt resulting from the splayed elbow). The off hand should be along the side of the ball without the hand extending over the top of the ball. Watch Stewie shoot ten shots and then watch KML the difference is distinct and clear. Generally, classic form requires a slightly open stance to promote ease of bringing the elbow under the ball and so the head can be turned sighting long the line of the arm.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
View attachment 5517

Go Huskies..!!
Wow, you really have a way to uplift! On the surface most fans, many of whom are diehard UConn fans would say that she struggled and her shot was way off but somehow you throw out some numbers and it looks a lot better (on paper), The reality, however, was in her eyes when she was on the bench. She knows and knew she was somewhat off her game and though no one questions her effort, she was probably more upset with herself for her play than anyone. Maybe if she reads your post she'll feel somewhat better and so I thank you for trying to make Breanna feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom