Steelers Game, Mora Take Notice… | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Steelers Game, Mora Take Notice…

Reaction Score
He's not wrong, but the baby seal clubbing he gave the OP seemed a little over the top. :)
There is a comment from the Big Lebowski on that, no? Walter, you’re not wrong. Just an a$$o

Reaction Score
yes, so the point is the combo of the 2 led to a coulda shoulda woulda scenario that if erased may have changed the game and the season, so the opportunity next year is to not flip and not have a flagrant hit and beat who we can beat.

Go Mora, Go Huskies Go Welliver(or Fagnano or Roberson or McDonald)
Actually truth be told AllHusky, the flip from Rosa, I don’t think it should’ve been called by ref. Very minor.

I see Rosa’s flip like a kicker who has nails 30 field goals in a row that shanks a short one. Mora should have made him understand at the time little bit of yelling and then S up and move on. This isn’t someone that needs the amount of attention this got And especially Not in post game conference. Whether it was this extreme negativity of this play and or injury Rosa never seemed the same after this game.

Also truth be told I am almost never embarrassed by our players as a fan - even bad losses. I was at the game and witnessed that flagrant hit at NC State game. I was embarrassed to have one of our player sink so low -that was a terrible mean spirited play - took the air out of the crowd as we all sat there praying the NC State player was okay.

Also, like many games, the score was closer than it appeared. Even in the 2nd half w/ NC State there was tons of time left on the clock for them to come back even if flagrant and celebration never happened.

It was missed blocks, tackles, catches and throws, X/O’s is why we lost to NC State.

Reaction Score
Steelers once again upped their game with a change at QB with defeat of Seahawks in Seattle which hasn’t happened in 40 years!

Argument could be made that M Rudolph is now playing with much less experienced team as so many are out with injuries etc but look at them yesterday!

We had so many other issues beside the QB position but my point remains: let someone EARN and CLAIM this position next year vs anointing a starting QB. If the Spring season doesn’t clearly identify a starting QB, use the first few games to figure it out.

I hope C Welliver has a good shot to start next year, none of this red shirt baloney. Let‘s go!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Steelers once again upped their game with a change at QB with defeat of Seahawks in Seattle which hasn’t happened in 40 years!

Argument could be made that M Rudolph is now playing with much less experienced team as so many are out with injuries etc but look at them yesterday!

We had so many other issues beside the QB position but my point remains: let someone EARN and CLAIM this position next year vs anointing a starting QB. If the Spring season doesn’t clearly identify a starting QB, use the first few games to figure it out.

I hope C Welliver has a good shot to start next year, none of this red shirt baloney. Let‘s go!
Your last 2 paras make sense.

However, your first 2 paras have little to nothing to do with UConn football. First, the Steelers have been to Seattle only five times in 40 years. So they're 1-4 at a road stadium three time zones away. Somewhat expected.

Second, Rudolph had all his skill guys available. And, unlike UConn, their WRs are quite good at being able to get open deep.

Reaction Score
Your last 2 paras make sense.

However, your first 2 paras have little to nothing to do with UConn football. First, the Steelers have been to Seattle only five times in 40 years. So they're 1-4 at a road stadium three time zones away. Somewhat expected.

Second, Rudolph had all his skill guys available. And, unlike UConn, their WRs are quite good at being able to get open deep.
Hmmm a win at Seattle was expected? Not according to odds makers.

Aside from that, I do agree that the comparison isn’t perfect in the skill positions much different. But with said, the Steelers offense was one of worst in the NFL (points scored, yards etc.) Reminded me of UConn.

I don’t disagree with most posts in this long thread but just don’t want us to settle for anything next year. As a season tix holder I don’t want to hear about too many red shirts and think we need to open up the skill positions a bit.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Hmmm a win at Seattle was expected? Not according to odds makers.

Aside from that, I do agree that the comparison isn’t perfect in the skill positions much different. But with said, the Steelers offense was one of worst in the NFL (points scored, yards etc.) Reminded me of UConn.

I don’t disagree with most posts in this long thread but just don’t want us to settle for anything next year. As a season tix holder I don’t want to hear about too many red shirts and think we need to open up the skill positions a bit.
Wasn't so much that yesterday's win was expected. More that they've only played in Seattle 5x in 40 years, so it's not like they've got a ridiculous losing streak of 10 or more games. A 1-4 record is about what I'd expect over 5 games there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom