Snowblowers | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Snowblowers

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Grizzled Winter Warriors,

Anyone have a snowblower brand/model they swear by? Anyone have expertise in this area?

Just bought a home up in Vermont and I'm getting ready for the 72" of annual snowfall expected. I don't mind spending premium dollars to increase the rate of snow removal and decrease the amount of time I have to be out in extreme cold.

Is there a significant enough difference between two and three stage blowers? Does the increase in moving parts increase the required maintenance?

What's the Cadillac brand?

Gracias

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Agree with everything you say, but I inherited a very big 3 stage Cub Cadet snow blower that was about 3 or 4 years old. I have used it now for 3 years and it just keeps on ticking. Not bad for a 6 or 7 year old snowblower. My driveway is fairly level (a very slight downward grade) but it is about 400 feet long. I would never pay for Cub Cadet motorized equipment but this thing just keeps on going.
They're fine. Price is the same as Ariens, so I'd always get an Ariens. Just tanks. My neighbor was once using a 25 year old one. Mine lasted 15 years and I only got a new one because I didn't have time to get it fixed with a storm looming and wanted a larger one anyway. It didn't just break either, I messed it up trying something dumb.

Reaction Score
Remember some years back so much snow roofs were ice damning? Due for one of those winters.
Not this upcoming winter. It’ll be the warmest winter in a hundred years. An extremely strong La Nina, lots of CO2, and methane will see to that.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Is this accurate at this point?
No. It isn't expected to be as mild as last winter. Cold to start, with potentially lots of snow. But NOAA doesn't do their predictions this far out.

Reaction Score
Do we have a weather person on here? The jet stream position is a big factor, especially if it doesn't drop down as much.

Reaction Score
Here’s the forecast for the country for Dec, Jan, and Feb. Above normal on the East Coast, and especially much above normal in the Northeast.

4E76B5FA-700A-49AB-AEDD-99272440F2EF.png

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Here’s the forecast for the country for Dec, Jan, and Feb. Above normal on the East Coast, and especially much above normal in the Northeast.

View attachment 78593
thank you. nice to know someone else here has a clue. seriously, thank you.
eastern Sound/Atlantic Ocean hit 80 degrees recently. i mean, it's not like extry warm water has anything to do with, especially Atlantic coastal lands extending up to the Appalachian Mountains crest, warmer than normal cold season temps.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
You couldn’t be more wrong. Where are you getting your forecast from?
his butt. want more? check out the 'stocks' thread. at times, almost unreal. they never even acknowledge that there are investment things known as forex, commodities, or bonds! double unreal.
since it's that time of year, u may enjoy this.
Atlantic Tropical Weather Discussion

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom