SMU Game thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SMU Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
We simply have no interior offense and, when Brimah is out, none on defense. Tough to play 3-5

This. It's not rocket science.

It's Boat, Hamilton and question marks.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
also if they are going to play defense up in our grill we need to aggressively take the ball to the hole. Im sick of us passing it around the top of the key for 20 seconds
Yes and yes!

Reaction Score
We may need to try to play zone in the 2nd half - they are blowing right by us on defense

Reaction Score
No, they're not. SMU is a talented team at home, amped the duck* up, and are coached by the best Xs & Os coach in the history of the game. We're just getting beat, we're not wilting.

The good thing about these SMU games is that they're like a master's course for Ollie. He's going to learn from Brown taking him out behind the woodshed, just like he learned from it last year.

The only problem is that if we lose this one (which I think we will), we'll need to beat them in the AAC tourney to make the NCAAs. I don't love our chances, but oh well. This is our down year.

Kind of but what you're also finding out is when you play Terence Samuel as much as we do, you really are going to have trouble against good teams. SMU is good but we just have too many "bench" guys playing too much. Plus KO needs to let the refs know he's not going to take the BS, because he just got fairly jobbed. Bunch of awful calls and he just stares them down like the care - throw a fn jacket and get out on the GD court KO, sick of it!

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
No, they're not. SMU is a talented team at home, amped the duck* up, and are coached by the best Xs & Os coach in the history of the game. We're just getting beat, we're not wilting.

The good thing about these SMU games is that they're like a master's course for Ollie. He's going to learn from Brown taking him out behind the woodshed, just like he learned from it last year.

The only problem is that if we lose this one (which I think we will), we'll need to beat them in the AAC tourney to make the NCAAs. I don't love our chances, but oh well. This is our down year.
I thought Coach K. coached at Duke.......

Reaction Score
That foul call on Omar on the tip in was outrageous, he was 3 feet clear of touching him. Showed the replay 3 or 4 times and that guy never got touched. Also, that travel call on Hamilton was one of the worst calls of the entire year
Come on man. Refs are fine. It's us that sucks. Omar clearly pushed the guy in the back. He was out of position. Those calls go against you. Hamilton looked like he traveled. Maybe he didn't, but out sure looked like it.

Reaction Score
When was the last time we won in Texas??? The infamous Kemba & Scoe game?

When has Ollie beat one of his former coaches???

Reaction Score
Kind of but what you're also finding out is when you play Terence Samuel as much as we do, you really are going to have trouble against good teams. SMU is good but we just have too many "bench" guys playing too much. Plus KO needs to let the refs know he's not going to take the BS, because he just got fairly jobbed. Bunch of awful calls and he just stares them down like the care - throw a fn jacket and get out on the GD court KO, sick of it!

Agree that the mean mug is a waste of time. They're not going to feel your eyes and t you up.

Also agree on the talent. It's just not there. Terrence would be a nice couple minutes of energy got but not for extended run. The poster who keeps saying we're more talented than every team except Texas and Duke is high on crack street.

Reaction Score
It seems simple to me as much as I don't want it to be. SMU is a significantly better team than us. Why that's true I don't know. Lack of talent? Coaching? We may make a run, but this team just doesn't have it.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Did anyone believe that Larry Brown would let UConn have TSam on the court and then Calhoun and Facey without making us pay.
Be real. TSam when guarded has no game despite wishful thinking. Hedged on every screen, Boat is forced to shoot over a much taller player or pass the ball back to TSam, killing the offense. DHam is still young. Brimah, so far, is disappearing against a good front line. Purvis lives in Purvis world. Pray we get this Carter kid to go along with Adams.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Facey is terrible, so sick of watching him

I thought you of all people would be happy that he's been all but removed from the rotation. What gives, bro?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I think that's about as off base as you can get. This team's problems are manifold, but Ollie's x's and o's is not one of them.
The post you quoted was not about Ollie's Xs & Os. Go back and read the thread for context.

I think KO is a very good Xs & Os coach, fwiw. Brown, however, is on another level. The highest one.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
Agree that the mean mug is a waste of time. They're not going to feel your eyes and t you up.

Also agree on the talent. It's just not there. Terrence would be a nice couple minutes of energy got but not for extended run. The poster who keeps saying we're more talented than every team except Texas and Duke is high on crack street.
Not at all am I ever saying that it's somebody fault because this is a team BUT Tsam played damn well at the end of last year and we all talked about Purvis being the next thing since sliced bread..... Combination of Phil not picking up the slack and purvis

Reaction Score
BearJWS said:
When was the last time we won in Texas??? The infamous Kemba & Scoe game? /QUOTE]

Let's see.....how about last April against Kentucky?

Reaction Score
Boat has been all he could be this year so it's who's surrounding him

Reaction Score
Getting killed on the glass, please put Lubin in. Purvis for his size needs to get his rear end in there and grab a few more.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
LOVE Boat forcibly dragging Purvis away from that clown N. Moore. This is the leadership he needs to be showing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom