SMU Game thread | The Boneyard

SMU Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Every game it seems like Purvis catches the ball on the wing and as he drives to the hoop steps out of bounds. Got to know where you are on the floor.

Reaction Score
We just have no offense. Everythime someone other than boat gets the ball it is pretty much a turnover

Reaction Score
Has there been a game where we've been called for less fouls than our opponents? TSam got clothes lined on a layup and no call.

Reaction Score
JLock819 said:
Has there been a game where we've been called for less fouls than our opponents? TSam got clothes lined on a layup and no call.

Agreed that the officiating has been one sided but still no excuse for our poor play. Purvis hasn't looked for his shot enough. I actually think TSam needs to penetrate more and look for the kick out or finish strong at the rim. That's his best game at this point.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Especially obvious charges

Reaction Score
MadisonSquare Gordon said:
Agreed that the officiating has been one sided but still no excuse for our poor play. Purvis hasn't looked for his shot enough. I actually think TSam needs to penetrate more and look for the kick out or finish strong at the rim. That's his best game at this point.

He obviously should never shoot a 3 again.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
All the warts are back.
Hope we turn it around soon.

Reaction Score
Of course Boat has his man beat for any easy layup and they finally call a foul and sure enough Boat misses the 1 and 1. Nothing going right.

Reaction Score
Our offense is so stagnant compared to SMU, as of right now we don't deserve to be in the same arena as them.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
All the warts are back.
No, they're not. SMU is a talented team at home, amped the duck* up, and are coached by the best Xs & Os coach in the history of the game. We're just getting beat, we're not wilting.

The good thing about these SMU games is that they're like a master's course for Ollie. He's going to learn from Brown taking him out behind the woodshed, just like he learned from it last year.

The only problem is that if we lose this one (which I think we will), we'll need to beat them in the AAC tourney to make the NCAAs. I don't love our chances, but oh well. This is our down year.

Reaction Score
Root canal after root canal every offensive possession. Just bothers me to see us getting worked inside and not fight back.

Reaction Score
Officials really turned this game around quickly...at one point the fouls were 7-2 UConn. Hard to believe when we are not playing as aggressive on D as they are. That foul call on Omar on the tip in was outrageous, he was 3 feet clear of touching him. Showed the replay 3 or 4 times and that guy never got touched. Also, that travel call on Hamilton was one of the worst calls of the entire year. Hate to say it but Ollie needs to get into the officials (even if he gets T'ed up).

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
We simply have no interior offense and, when Brimah is out, none on defense. Tough to play 3-5

Reaction Score
Facey is terrible, so sick of watching him

I regret conceding a few months ago that Facey was on par with senior year Gavin Edwards, and thus worthy of starting for a program with blue-blood aspirations. He is nowhere near that level.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
No, they're not. SMU is a talented team at home, amped the duck* up, and are coached by the best Xs & Os coach in the history of the game. We're just getting beat, we're not wilting.

The good thing about these SMU games is that they're like a master's course for Ollie. He's going to learn from Brown taking him out behind the woodshed, just like he learned from it last year.

The only problem is that if we lose this one (which I think we will), we'll need to beat them in the AAC tourney to make the NCAAs. I don't love our chances, but oh well. This is our down year.
Best thought I have read or heard about this game all day!!!!

Reaction Score
How about a little Rock in the 2nd to man up Kennedy. Appears that the rock doesn't get to play anymore.

Reaction Score
We may have to wait another season to get our first win over SMU. Huskies look seriously overmatched on defense.

Reaction Score
It's the turn overs. They re killing us.

We make them. We don't turn them over.

Reaction Score
also if they are going to play defense up in our grill we need to aggressively take the ball to the hole. Im sick of us passing it around the top of the key for 20 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom