Shea Ralph Introductory Press Conference | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Shea Ralph Introductory Press Conference

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Glad for Shea...hated the B.S. covid story though...
UConn played High Point for the NCAAs on March 21. Stephanie White was fired on April 6.
Could we all please stop speculating about Shea's departure from the NCAA tourney bubble? There's been no evidence that she was speaking with VU before White was fired. The timeline doesn't fit. If anyone is hinting that this happened, then it's also accusatory that the university was interviewing behind White's back, after confirming she would be returning. And yes, this does happen. Of course, however in this case, no proof. Let's just be happy for her and her family.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
She's with Marisa at Wisconsin.

I've heard Kevin DeMille is a likely candidate. He was with UConn for a long time (as a practice player, grad assistant, and then as assistant director of operations). Then he went to GW with Jen Rizzotti.
Hopefully not the person Geno is considering

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Written transcript of interview.

Glad to know SEC is the toughest conference in the country. ;)
That interview is about 100 times the amount of words, I've heard Shea utter
during the entire time she coached at UConn.

Reaction Score
What BS Covid story?
About an anonymous family member having Covid..requiring her to be away from the team at the same time she was seeking the Vandy job...anyway its water under the bridge now..

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
About an anonymous family member having Covid..requiring her to be away from the team at the same time she was seeking the Vandy job...anyway its water under the bridge now..

For the umpteenth time that is not what happened. It is insulting to Shea to suggest that she would abandon her team and mentor in the middle of the NCAA tournament for a job that wasn’t even available. Stop.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Yup but Shea did say this famous quote of Paige Bueckers early before the season.

" We have had alot of #1 players here but she does not disappoint"

Reaction Score

Is that the kind of deductive logic they teach at Duke?

Reaction Score
Is that the kind of deductive logic they teach at Duke?
Lol..you don't need a Duke degree in this case.....its time to move on as I said its water under the bridge....

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Lol..you don't need a Duke degree in this case.....its time to move on as I said its water under the bridge....

If it was really water under the bridge to you, you'd stop mentioning it.
Wink Tea GIF by Dolly Parton

Reaction Score
Written transcript of interview.

Glad to know SEC is the toughest conference in the country. ;)
and I thought it was the Big East.........:rolleyes:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Yeah but all that "water" was just you pissing into the wind.

Reaction Score
I agree and wow indeed. When Morriah Jefferson graduated, she singled out and gave accolades to Shea, who also rarely smiled. Now I understand, and this interview was a terrific showcase for her.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I think she looked more poised while answering questions extemporaneously than when reading her prepared script. Perhaps she learned that from Geno. :D Bias aside, she may do quite well at Vandy. I guess I'll be following along.

Question: Anybody know the URL of their equivalent to the BY fan board?

VandyWhit is one of the mods. We used to communicate occasionally years ago. She’s good people

Reaction Score
HA! That's exactly what I thought. Actually, when I saw the above presser snap of Shea getting ready to speak, the first thought I had was, "oh, cool, I 'll will finally get to hear what Shea sounds like when talking. She did not disappoint; she impressed. Kudos to Shea.

Reaction Score

VandyWhit is one of the mods. We used to communicate occasionally years ago. She’s good people

Thanks Nan.

I urge everyone to go the webpage and enjoy the hurricane in a tea cup Vandy fans are having over who should get the credit for hiring Shea.

Shea's coaching career at Pittsburgh will help her recruit with both feet on the ground at Nashville. The commodores do not seem to be aware of that.

Reaction Score
UConn played High Point for the NCAAs on March 21. Stephanie White was fired on April 6.
So before March 21 you know that Vandy had no contact with Shea maybe through back channels? Would it have been considered tampering if they had? Also do you know when the decision was made to fire White?

Reaction Score
So before March 21 you know that Vandy had no contact with Shea maybe through back channels? Would it have been considered tampering if they had? Also do you know when the decision was made to fire White?
Do you know they did have contact with her. Just stop with this stupid speculation

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
No, but then again I don't know that aliens didn't kidnap Shea and replace her with an alien clone lookalike before March 21 either. Do you think that happened as well?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom