Shea Ralph Introductory Press Conference | The Boneyard

Shea Ralph Introductory Press Conference

Reaction Score
Will Shea dime us out to the NCAA if Geno wishes good luck to a 7th grade little leaguer?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Desire to win. When I think of Shea Ralph as a player I think of that game where she fell on her back on the floor after big play and pumped her fist. Anybody got a video of that?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
There might be more than one example of that. I believe that describes a big play late in the 2000 championshjp game with LadyVol Herself....Shea wound up out of bounds [baseline] with her Mom seated behind her also pumping her fists. I have no idea how to link that. Shea wound up final four MVP...pretty sure.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am guessing the play being discussed is when she shot it up while nearly horizontal with the floor.

Reaction Score
I think she looked more poised while answering questions extemporaneously than when reading her prepared script. Perhaps she learned that from Geno. :D Bias aside, she may do quite well at Vandy. I guess I'll be following along.

Question: Anybody know the URL of their equivalent to the BY fan board?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Written transcript of interview.

Glad to know SEC is the toughest conference in the country. ;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
“I’ve been there when there’s been a lot of losses in a row?“ When was that exactly? LOL .

It seems like this is a great opportunity for Shea. She’s at a good institution, it appears as if she’ll have good support from Candace Lee. They are just beginning a new facilities build out and are in a great conference. I’m sure it’s a very exciting time for her.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Written transcript of interview.

Glad to know SEC is the toughest conference in the country. ;)
Maybe we need a SEC-Big East challenge?...ah..maybe not..

Reaction Score
So, is her husband on her short list of candidates for asst. coach?

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I think she looked more poised while answering questions extemporaneously than when reading her prepared script. Perhaps she learned that from Geno. :D Bias aside, she may do quite well at Vandy. I guess I'll be following along.

As you can imagine, it isn't quite as... populated, but everyone over there seems pretty positive about Shea taking over the program!

Reaction Score
Other than Shea’s husband has any other news been released as so who else might be on her staff?

Reaction Score

Just google "the black sea fan forum" and it's the 4th one down.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Caroline Doty

She's with Marisa at Wisconsin.

Other than Shea’s husband has any other news been released as so who else might be on her staff?
I've heard Kevin DeMille is a likely candidate. He was with UConn for a long time (as a practice player, grad assistant, and then as assistant director of operations). Then he went to GW with Jen Rizzotti.

Reaction Score
It's a major change from AC to HC. As a HC, one has to deal with PR, budget, alumni, press conferences, recruiting, staffing and of course WINNING. Shea has spent most of her adult life at UConn, I am grateful for her contributions and only hope that the best is yet to come for her and her family.

Reaction Score
Interesting comment by Shea about her mother and step-father being at the press conference, and her mother just getting her PHD. Perhaps Shea's mom also has a job lined up at Vanderbilt?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Shea Ralph named head coach at Vanderbilt; husband Tom Garrick to join her staff.​

Support and well-wishes flood social media after UConn's Shea Ralph announced as Vanderbilt women's basketball

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom