September recruiting thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

September recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Earlier this month I was very critical of Zamareya Jones on court behavior and actually called her a hot dog. Since then @Sluconn Husky has posted at least three videos of Jones playing and there has ben none of that behavior. I'm very happy to see that Zamareya is letting her game do her talking because she is enormously talented. I see ya Zamareya! You and Jaloni would look great in American Flag Blue.

Reaction Score
I see Kiki Rice is on her visit to UCLA this weekend. Have we hard about any official visits coming up soon?

I know that First Night is students only, but I'd assume recruits would be able to come to that event. Hopefully we have some visits lined up then or shortly after.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Aaliyah Chavez ('25) from her Blue Star 3-point contest win:

Not a fan of her shooting technique, no elevation off the floor and she starts her shot from mid belly. Can't believe she won't get blocked consistently.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Not a fan of her shooting technique, no elevation off the floor and she starts her shot from mid belly. Can't believe she won't get blocked consistently.

Might look a bit awkward, but she's a notoriously great shooter. Also has a great handle, elite IQ. When I saw her play I was reminded of Steve Nash only she's a better athlete compared to the girls than Nash was versus guys.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
ESPN was supposed to release updates to its rankings last week. While that is still on hold, they have finally released a 2025 watch list.

Known UConn POI on the list:

Chavez, Parks, Ponham, Richardson, Craft

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
On ESPN's 2025 watch list is Jaylah Lampley. Her sister Lola is a 2026 and might be the one player who can challenge Jenica Lewis for top prospect in that class. Haven't seen any UConn connection to either Lampley sister yet but, needless to say, it's early.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Might look a bit awkward, but she's a notoriously great shooter. Also has a great handle, elite IQ. When I saw her play I was reminded of Steve Nash only she's a better athlete compared to the girls than Nash was versus guys.
Thanks for the info, can't get this kind of eyes on assessment anywhere else but on the BY, by our excellent talent assessors. On another POI 2024 Olivia Olson, I have watched 5 or 6 highlight videos about her, I know they show the good stuff, but I can't find any part of her offense that I don't covet for the Husky's. I welcome feedback from those of you in the know. :)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Guess I should've known ESPN would update their rankings after listing 2025.

2023: Watkins still #1, Mikaylah Williams #2, Cunningham #3, Shade #4, Booker #5, Toomey #6, KK Arnold #8

Chloe Kitts moves up to #17. Hannah Hidalgo also with a big leap to #19.

Strange one to me is Courtney Ogden jumps to #13. She's been out hurt for months.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
To ESPN's 2024 and the big mover is new POI Jaloni Cambridge to #2 behind Joyce Edwards.

Olivia Olson now 3rd from her previous 9th.

Blanca Thomas up to 6th, another POI.

Britt Prince into the top-10.

Taliya Parker drops from #2 to #7.

And the odd one here is Zamareya Jones dropping to 24th.

Ten UConn POI in the top-25.

Reaction Score
To ESPN's 2024 and the big mover is new POI Jaloni Cambridge to #2 behind Joyce Edwards.

Olivia Olson now 3rd from her previous 9th.

Blanca Thomas up to 6th, another POI.

Britt Prince into the top-10.

Taliya Parker drops from #2 to #7.

And the odd one here is Zamareya Jones dropping to 24th.

Ten UConn POI in the top-25.

I’m still on board with Olson and Prince for a pair of big, interchangeable CGs. Cambridge and Jones look ok to me, and I obviously could be wrong, but I think 5-6 PGs will have to be special to get to UConn. They have to project to be offensively superior at the college level to offset their size vulnerability on defense against top level college offenses.

Reaction Score
Guess I should've known ESPN would update their rankings after listing 2025.

2023: Watkins still #1, Mikaylah Williams #2, Cunningham #3, Shade #4, Booker #5, Toomey #6, KK Arnold #8

Chloe Kitts moves up to #17. Hannah Hidalgo also with a big leap to #19.

Strange one to me is Courtney Ogden jumps to #13. She's been out hurt for months.

It looks like they're still changing stuff around a little bit. Williams is now #1, Watkins #2, and Toomey #3.

Reaction Score
Most players/kids start from there belly to shoot. And this was a contest so she’s basically showing us her set shot. Looks good to me. As long as it goes in then I guess spectators like us shouldn’t care.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
It looks like they're still changing stuff around a little bit. Williams is now #1, Watkins #2, and Toomey #3.

Yep, they re-shuffled 2023. Be nice had they fixed their list separately and then posted it, but oh well.

Soooooo.....

1-10:

Williams, Watkins, Toomey, Cunningham, Shade, Booker, Fulwiley, Arnold, Scott, Donovan

UConn POI: 1-8, 12, 13, 16, 18, 28, 41, 50, 54, 60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak