September recruiting thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

September recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

This site might be about as credible as World Exposure Report. Not only is Britt Prince at #31 ridiculous but they don't even know her height. She's 5-11 not 5-7.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
To me, this is a make or break year for Coach Ivey. The team has to show improvement in wins and 4th Quarter play given the quality on the roster already. While they might be lacking elite scorers this team still has plenty of talent that if they stumble again, the question of coaching creeps into the conversation. Duke, NC, NC State are now vying for the top players with Louisville in the ACC and shocking to me is the number of top 60 players considering BC.
So yes, the eyes are on the Irish...

DBB:
Your opinion is share by a sizeable contingent of Benchers.

Whether she was impacted by first-year head coaching challenges, the pandemic's effect on everything from (lack of) practice to recruiting and trying to establish her style, it was a challenging and trying year: .500 record, no NCAA tourney and and -- after an initial recruiting hit with Olivia Miles and Sonia Citro -- nada on the recruiting front for 2022.

As a result, she's made herself part of the equation going forward. Many of us suspect how ND does on the floor will have a huge impact on how the Irish do with the Class of 2023 in recruiting. Improve on that .500 record, have a solid ACC season and get in the tourney again. OK. If not, hmmmmm.

She's got the 10 players she wants and while there's not a "take over" elite scorer, there's Maddy Westbeld, who is a very good scorer and rebounder. Plus, the two frosh: Miles and Citron. Key is how well Brunelle and Peoples come back from sub-par years and if Dara Mabrey is used effectively.

Stay tuned.

Reaction Score
I don't quite see Kiki's more likely role as a point guard. Can she play it? Sure, but Paige is as good as a point guard can get and Nika is pretty much just a point guard. IMO Kiki's value to this team and roster would be her ability to play 3 positions. She has the size and skills to play 2/3 in much the same way as Evina has.

In fact that is how I would view her, as an Evina replacement. Remember Evina was a point guard at Tennessee, but played mostly 2/3 for us and actually more at the 4 than the point. She too could have been an above average PG for us, but with Paige and Nika was needed more at other positions. Kiki at 5-11 is very similar in size and skillset to Evina with versatile skills.

The question may be how much Kiki wants to be a point guard, or a starter. With Paige and Azzi being anticipated future starters and two very good point guards, her most realistic crack at starting might be as a 3. There she would face competition from a player who likely would be good offensively there (CD) and potentially from a player that could be a lock-down defender there in AP.

I feel she could be a very good rotation contributor on a great team, and probably play in the WNBA, whether she starts here or not. The fact that we are still in the hunt despite her knowing we already have Paige and Nika and Azzi, tells me she has not ruled us out, but if she is hesitating because of position or the chance of starting, I think she should take a hard look at how Evina is used here. A new "swiss army knife" is a role she could fill, but she would have to let someone else take over initially as the new "mom"! Ha!
I don't quite see Kiki's more likely role as a point guard. Can she play it? Sure, but Paige is as good as a point guard can get and Nika is pretty much just a point guard. IMO Kiki's value to this team and roster would be her ability to play 3 positions. She has the size and skills to play 2/3 in much the same way as Evina has.

In fact that is how I would view her, as an Evina replacement. Remember Evina was a point guard at Tennessee, but played mostly 2/3 for us and actually more at the 4 than the point. She too could have been an above average PG for us, but with Paige and Nika was needed more at other positions. Kiki at 5-11 is very similar in size and skillset to Evina with versatile skills.

The question may be how much Kiki wants to be a point guard, or a starter. With Paige and Azzi being anticipated future starters and two very good point guards, her most realistic crack at starting might be as a 3. There she would face competition from a player who likely would be good offensively there (CD) and potentially from a player that could be a lock-down defender there in AP.

I feel she could be a very good rotation contributor on a great team, and probably play in the WNBA, whether she starts here or not. The fact that we are still in the hunt despite her knowing we already have Paige and Nika and Azzi, tells me she has not ruled us out, but if she is hesitating because of position or the chance of starting, I think she should take a hard look at how Evina is used here. A new "swiss army knife" is a role she could fill, but she would have to let someone else take over initially as the new "mom"! Ha!
When you take into account her family's deep ties to The Farm, Kiki's strong academic orientation, and the arrival of Lauren Betts next June - seems likely Kiki's headed to Palo Alto.

Reaction Score
Some August highlights I missed:

HELLO!!! Did anyone else notice who was the opposing team in this
video? ANSWER : Fairfax Stars !!!.... with Kiki Rice # 7. It is worth a re-watch and note Kiki on defense. ENJOY the comparison ( if only a brief one, and, of
course not a highlight film for Ms. Kari ( Kiki ) Rice. )
According to the scoreboard ( a brief shot by the camera ) the
team with Ashlynn Shade was winning in the fourth quarter over the
Fairfax Stars.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
CD and Morgan Valley now following PG Jaloni Cambridge ('24) who was extremely impressive in the recent U16 tourney.

Cambridge ranked #2 by Blue Star and #13 by ESPN.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
New evaluations from Chris Hansen:

Devin Coppinger

Coppinger is a swiss army knife on the floor. She has the physical ability to compete with anyone and the basketball I.Q. to play to her strengths with each matchup. She’s a terrific downhill driver with emerging confidence shooting the ball from range. She’s a box score stuffer who makes extra passes and adds possessions for her team on the glass too.

Katie Fiso

Fiso was coming off a big summer where she played her best offensive basketball to date at Nike Nationals. The result is a new confidence in her jumper which is the area we’ve been waiting to see a break-through. There is no hesitation in letting it go from 3-point range now and she’s knocking those shots down. This is the perfect complement to her off the bounce ability. She’s growing into the potential everyone has seen for years.

Reaction Score
Stanford’s very knowledgeable fan base believes KiKi is not interested in playing for the Cardinal.
I visit here and Stanford’s board daily, and I wouldn’t really say their fan base has much of anything solid regarding not being interested. It’s a hunch based on Instagram followings. Most information on their board actually comes from info on this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom