SEC Regular Season 2023 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

SEC Regular Season 2023

Reaction Score
I can not wait for this Lady Vols/LSU game tonight!!
Who you got? I would love for Tennessee to win but don't think they have the horses to contain Reese.

Reaction Score
Who you got? I would love for Tennessee to win but don't think they have the horses to contain Reese.
Nah. LSU's gonna take them (dadgummit).

Vol fans or LSU's coach. Which is more despicable?

I really dont have anything against the Volplayers, whereas Angel Reese acts like a devil rather than an angel.

So, I'm pulling for the Vols. Sorta'. Head bang

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
TN should win with ease. LSU finally gets exposed tonight
Unimpressed Viola Davis GIF

Reaction Score
TN should win with ease. LSU finally gets exposed tonight
Surprised by this opinion. Tennessee running away with this game? Don't see it. What makes you think this is how the game play's out?

Reaction Score
A week later, same story. I expect UT will lose sizably to LSU.

And I’m taking Auburn over UF in the unhyped SEC contest de la noche.

Reaction Score
It was a fun game tonight!

It's fun trying to guess the top 4 teams in the SEC. After this weekend's games, it's looking like things are coming into focus. I'm thinking 1) South Carolina 2) LSU 3) Tennessee 4) Alabama with Ole Miss barely missing the cut for the SEC tournament bye.

Reaction Score
That’s a real win over a real opponent. LSU proved something with this game. I mean, Tennessee is still unranked, and it was at home. But this wasn’t another cupcake smash. I think it shows LSU belongs somewhere in the top half of the rankings.

Reaction Score
That’s a real win over a real opponent. LSU proved something with this game. I mean, Tennessee is still unranked, and it was at home. But this wasn’t another cupcake smash. I think it shows LSU belongs somewhere in the top half of the rankings.
I sound ungrateful but still a bit disappointed with what I saw at times. I think Kim did not manage the game good at all and it shouldn't have gotten that close down the stretch. The rotations were bad and we continue to have zero clue how to break a press or get the correct people handling the ball. That lead shrunk in an instant because of the recurrent sloppy play that haunted them all year.

Sadly I feel better about this team on the road then playing at home. They just never look like they are fully locked in 100% of the time. And this doesn't just pertain to the TN game. I don't know what it is but its odd to me.

But a win is a win and Kim getting 15,000 fans into the PMAC in year 2 speaks volumes of where she has the program.

Flaujae was outstanding defensively. It was not her best night offensively. I think she was pressing some but what she did guarding Horston was tremendous.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sadly I feel better about this team on the road then playing at home. They just never look like they are fully locked in 100% of the time. And this doesn't just pertain to the TN game.
I know what you mean. To me, they don’t feel like a team. Tennessee is a bit like this, too. There will be stretches where they play tight D and coordinated O, and others where they just feel like 5 folks who happen to be on the court together. That they can win in this mode is testimony to the talent of Reese and Morris. I just wonder how they’d manage against tight Big Ten teams like tOSU or IU. Those guys play tough D for 49 mins.

Reaction Score
I know what you mean. To me, they don’t feel like a team. Tennessee is a bit like this, too. There will be stretches where they play tight D and coordinated O, and others where they just feel like 5 folks who happen to be on the court together. That they can win in this mode is testimony to the talent of Reese and Morris. I just wonder how they’d manage against tight Big Ten teams like tOSU or IU. Those guys play tough D for 49 mins.
This is also why you don't just strictly rely on the transfer portal to build your team. LSU's starting 5 all never played with each other a year ago. You have Morris, 3 transfers and a HS freshman. Then you go to the bench, and then there's another transfer and then another freshman.

But I mean LSU just has to live with it this year until Kim gets more recruiting classes in and builds depth. Its no one's fault at all but this year showed me the portal truly is a supplement, not something to build a program or sustain it long term. It honestly takes a lot of time to build chemistry with players that have never played with each other and then adapt to a new coach for each of them.

All in all, congrats to TN on a good game. TN could be a very dangerous team in the tourney, depending on how Harper manages them down the stretch. They have talent, depth and lots of intriguing pieces.

Reaction Score
Interesting. After tonight it looks like LSU is likely going to be 27-1 in the regular season. Committee is unlikely going to give the same conference 2 one seeds, but if they make the SEC championship game, how can you not make them a strong 2 seed?

Reaction Score
Interesting. After tonight it looks like LSU is likely going to be 27-1 in the regular season. Committee is unlikely going to give the same conference 2 one seeds, but if they make the SEC championship game, how can you not make them a strong 2 seed?
I say give them a 3 or 4 seed. Kim has them ahead of schedule and they are winning games they should win (most) handily.

Not 2 seed good IMO unless they somehow pull off an upset on SC which isn't happening this year. But I am a harsh critic and call things out like I see them.

Reaction Score
You make a good point, I think. Right now, I’d have to put them behind the other teams with only 2 losses at #7, just ahead of ND. This isn’t the strongest #2 seed, but I’d want to reflect the weakness of their schedule somehow. This would likely put them up against Stanford in the Elite Eight, which would give Reese a chance to make up for the drubbing MD took from them last year. In this position, they could be upset by a team like tOSU or UCLA or UNC, but these would be great games.

Reaction Score
I say give them a 3 or 4 seed. Kim has them ahead of schedule and they are winning games they should win (most) handily.

Not 2 seed good IMO unless they somehow pull off an upset on SC which isn't happening this year. But I am a harsh critic and call things out like I see them.
SC doesn't shoot the ball well enough sometimes to think we cannot lose a game. If LSU can be competitive on the board, and deal with the 18,000 fans, they can win this game.

Reaction Score
SC doesn't shoot the ball well enough sometimes to think we cannot lose a game. If LSU can be competitive on the board, and deal with the 18,000 fans, they can win this game.
Sadly, I trust LSU to play better on the road vs SC than I do facing SC at home. The Alabama team we just beat by nearly 40, I bet you $100 it would have been near a 10 point win if it was in the PMAC at LSU.

This LSU team time and time again have shown they can't handle or be adults when it comes to playing on their home court. Too busy show boating, going through the motions, almost like they forget they are playing a basketball game. Too busy catering to a crowd. I simply don't understand it. Contrary to the slams of Kim, this is not what I recall her Baylor teams being like. Sure they were physical and they are emotional much like Kim but I don't ever recall this level of showboating. I think a giant chunk of it has to do with Angel herself but I'm not going to comment further.

I think LSU will play tough but I feel LSU is still too wildly consistent. Every game, 1 or 2 players are randomly not showing up ready to play. Morris came to play tonight but she is often absent as well. Flaujae gets into some very bad funks offensively missing layups and easy shots. But to be fair to Flaujae, her defense was outstanding and she single handidly held Horston in check. For a true freshman, that is outstanding. I can at least be positive despite the offensive woes, she contributed in such a meaningful way even when she didn't score 14+ PPG like she has been.

Reaction Score
I was NOT a fan of Coach Abe's offensive strategy in the last play of regulation vs LSU. I get that she wanted the last shot. I get that. But why just dribble in one spot until you're ready to run the offense? Make the defense move. They may slip up or get caught in a switch and you get an easy score. Make them play defense for longer. Make them feel game pressure. Oh well.

Reaction Score
Sort of interesting: Massey has Tennessee's best win as Colorado (#20).

Feels like the Vols have thoroughly established that they're not as good as the contenders and better than the bubble teams.

Reaction Score
just my view, but LSU lacks depth and has offensive holes.

Reese is a heck of a player and I think she'll play well vs SC.

They have just enough good guards to spring an upset but I'm not sure it's very likely.

I think they probably open next year as the SEC co-favorite and maybe just as the favorite.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
just my view, but LSU lacks depth and has offensive holes.

Reese is a heck of a player and I think she'll play well vs SC.

They have just enough good guards to spring an upset but I'm not sure it's very likely.

I think they probably open next year as the SEC co-favorite and maybe just as the favorite.
If Reese wins SEC POTY, which is likely and deserving (love Boston, but I wouldn’t be mad) based on her numbers and the load she carries for that team, I think it’s a good possibility LSU will open as the favorite with her returning for a 4th season.

A lot of voters and coaches are going to see a Boston-less SC and get stars in their eyes, just like they did when Wilson left. And we know what Dawn followed up Wilson’s departure with, some of her best recruiting yet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom