SEC Regular Season 2023 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

SEC Regular Season 2023

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Tie score in Baton Rouge, Arkansas is not going away, 69-69 and if Angel Reese would actually focus on the game instead of herself, this game would be well in hand for LSU. 5:51 left in the 4th quarter.

Reaction Score
I am low key rooting for LSU to lose a game. These players deserve some humility.

You deserve to lose when you are celebrating after making a basket and don't even run back to defend. I think Arkansas has gotten 12-14 points on strictly refusing to run back and the players celebrating/showing off. I'm also pretty sick of Morris's on and off moods pouting this year. There was none of that last year.
Agreed not a fan of the way they acted at all

Reaction Score
Agreed not a fan of the way they acted at all
My anger is more directed towards Reese and Morris.

Reese is outstanding but she needs to learn to shut up and just play. Too much celebrating, too much complaining, too much pouting. Same thing with Morris. All of the hype if getting into their heads.

Appreciative of Ladazhia, Flaujae, Carson, Poole who played hard

Thats the end of my rant. There needs to be a come to Jesus moment because that was just sad all around, and it has nothing to do with making shots. The egos and arrogance led to a close game where they fortunate to not lose.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Neighbors sort of bungled the timeout situation there at the end.

Wasted a lot of time to burn a timeout on one trip.

Came back to haunt them when they went for the two down three with very little time remaining and missing that critical timeout.

LSU did clamp down pretty well at the end after the defense got real loose.

Reese was awesome offensively. And the freshman guard was good.

I think they will get a lot of deserved favorite buzz next year regardless of how this season plays out.

Reaction Score
Neighbors sort of bungled the timeout situation there at the end.

Wasted a lot of time to burn a timeout on one trip.

Came back to haunt them when they went for the two down three with very little time remaining and missing that critical timeout.

LSU did clamp down pretty well at the end after the defense got real loose.

Reese was awesome offensively. And the freshman guard was good.

I think they will get a lot of deserved favorite buzz next year regardless of how this season plays out.
Because Caroline Peck is such a terrible announcer you wouldn’t know this unless you were watching but he was calling a timeout before the ball was inbounded and they didn’t give it to him until after the ball crossed half court. He had to be pulled away by the refs by his assistant coaches.

Reaction Score
What does eye test on both teams tell you about the upcoming LSU/SC showdown?

Reaction Score
SC is going to win, but by much more if LSU doesn't lose the ego quickly. I won't be shocked if they lose to Alabama on the road if this is their mindset.

It has to be snipped into a bud quickly if not they are going to drop a game or two they shouldnt.

Reaction Score
Tonight's game against Arkansas was the first LSU game I've watched this season. I think Reese and Morris will get their points but the rest of the team will be non-factors. They seem to feed off the energy from the crowd, so I'm kind of glad it is a home game for South Carolina.

Reaction Score
That it won’t be close. You have to hit outside shots if you want a chance to bean South Carolina. LSU is like a worse more undisciplined defense version of South Carolina. Their JV team if you will. I expect a 20 point win if South Carolina shows up all four quarters and a ten point win if they only show up for the second half like they tend to do.

Reaction Score
Whoever wins the rebounding battle will win. Both teams need offensive rebounds because they don't have consistent outside shooting.

Reaction Score
Tonight's game against Arkansas was the first LSU game I've watched this season. I think Reese and Morris will get their points but the rest of the team will be non-factors. They seem to feed off the energy from the crowd, so I'm kind of glad it is a home game for South Carolina.
Flaujae has been way better than Morris this year. It may not always be reflective in the box score but Morris legit just doesn't show up to games half the time. She will turn the ball over then pout. I don't think Ladazhia has been bad but she is so weak with the ball in her hands, she gets stripped way too often in the paint.

But LSU is thin as a paper sheet this year depth wise. They are talented but they have no depth really.

Reaction Score
I tell you what I'm not looking forward to during the USC/LSU matchup...all the shocked faces and Mulkey screaming her head off during obvious fouls. LSU should trademark that looks with how much they use it. :)

Reaction Score
Morris comes and goes. Flauje and Williams can score. And Reese...can definitely score when people decide not to box her out. Arkansas was effective when they were decisive in their double teams.

Reaction Score
Flaujae has been way better than Morris this year. It may not always be reflective in the box score but Morris legit just doesn't show up to games half the time. She will turn the ball over then pout. I don't think Ladazhia has been bad but she is so weak with the ball in her hands, she gets stripped way too often in the paint.

But LSU is thin as a paper sheet this year depth wise. They are talented but they have no depth really.
I thought about this and believe that Faujae will revert to looking like a freshman against USC. She hadn't faced a defense as good as South Carolina. Usually it's the upperclassmen that step up in these kinds of games so I expect Morris to put her team on her back and have a good game.

Reaction Score
I thought about this and believe that Faujae will revert to looking like a freshman against USC. She hadn't faced a defense as good as South Carolina. Usually it's the upperclassmen that step up in these kinds of games so I expect Morris to put her team on her back and have a good game.
I don't doubt that. I was just speaking generally about both players this year. I still trust Morris more in that game than Flaujae but she has been way more steady and reliable than Morris this year.

I look forward to Flaujae getting challenged in that game. She will probably struggle but it will be good for her. You can only get better facing better competition.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
SC is going to win, but by much more if LSU doesn't lose the ego quickly. I won't be shocked if they lose to Alabama on the road if this is their mindset.

It has to be snipped into a bud quickly if not they are going to drop a game or two they shouldnt.
I mean this game was the first game that it was over the top.

I think/hope Kim will slap them back to earth before Monday.

Reaction Score
I mean this game was the first game that it was over the top.
Yup, never ever was it this bad all year.

I know Reese is a bit over the top at times but this game was just another level. I get there was a large crowd and there is a lot of energy.
But the bigger problem was excessive theatrics and celebrating, trash talking, etc. in the heat of the game. There’s a difference between emotional leadership and distracting theatrics. I think Reese produced more of the latter and it contributed to some of the chaos and disorganization out of LSU tonight.

I would be more embarrassed on the fact you have players celebrating and not running back to play defense allowing the opposing team to get 10-12 points with 4 out of 5 players not even making it back across half court. Go watch the Arkansas game, look how much more intense and focused they were. Tonight was selfish basketball and lots of egos.

Last edited:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I still think it'll be a battle, but SC's depth will likely takeover as usual. The fact that SC can bring 5-6 off the bench and have very little drop off should be a concern to every other team that they'll face going forward.

Reaction Score
Because Caroline Peck is such a terrible announcer you wouldn’t know this unless you were watching but he was calling a timeout before the ball was inbounded and they didn’t give it to him until after the ball crossed half court. He had to be pulled away by the refs by his assistant coaches.
Fair point. He might not have wanted the player to take a two 9 seconds into the possession either.

That timeout ending up hurting anyway.

I genuinely have a rooting interest for Neighbors and Arkansas at this point so I'm not killing him.

Reaction Score

I feel like South Carolina is better defensively and probably has fewer offensive holes in addition to being deeper.

But sometimes it's really about how the best players perform. Reese had a very good game vs South Carolina as a freshman and I think she's so quick that there isn't a perfect matchup.

South Carolina does have a lot of athletic bodies to throw at her and wear her down. Curious to see how much Dawn tries to taker her away. Been awhile since SC did something very special against an interior player.

Reaction Score
I will say, what a great crowd!!
Despite the ugliness of it all, It was cool to see how loud vocal and active the fans were for a WBB game. The students and the rest of the fans treated it like it was one of the mens teams playing.

Glad the girls get support like that. It’s good for the sport to see the womens program getting treated equally. Far cry from the years of packing under 1000 fans in the pmac, it was basically a morgue

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom