2023 Recruiting: - Scotty Middleton, "I want coaches who aren't going to tell me what I want to hear" | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Scotty Middleton, "I want coaches who aren't going to tell me what I want to hear"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So I now seen a few people who believe Middleton is going to Seton Hall because of the offers to Carr and Williams. @husky99 still hearing UConn or has this turned?

Reaction Score
This was posted by a reputable Ohio State insider yesterday

Ohio State has been Slater’s prediction for months. His mentor is apparently a big fan. I think Scotty wanted Kansas if they wanted him.

There are too many variables in recruiting to say that one school should never beat out another for a recruit. The players themselves click with different people or have all kinds of different things they want or value. You can’t think like a fan.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
An offer is not the first time staffs reach out to players. They have all kinds of contact and feedback before it gets to that point,
sure i would hope plan B would have heard from staff more than once before they might become plan A

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Decent chance he hasn't made a decision yet based on this new, delayed timeline. Staff may be just hedging their bets here with the new offers.

Reaction Score
Heard yesterday uconn still seriously in the running. And obviously these new offers are not great news
On Monday morning you heard it's UConn and a day later you heard UConn is still seriously in the running?

Reaction Score
Ohio State has been Slater’s prediction for months. His mentor is apparently a big fan. I think Scotty wanted Kansas if they wanted him.

There are too many variables in recruiting to say that one school should never beat out another for a recruit. The players themselves click with different people or have all kinds of different things they want or value. You can’t think like a fan.
I don’t think Kansas would offer if they felt his shooting was sub par.

Reaction Score
Decent chance he hasn't made a decision yet based on this new, delayed timeline. Staff may be just hedging their bets here with the new offers.
I don't think it is a delayed timeline, I think the OSU poster was saying Zags either mischaracterized or just misunderstood the timeline or maybe just got bad info. If he does drop an announcement date today (or tomorrow) on instagram as OSU insider noted, we will know for sure but believe that is what he was saying specifically.

Reaction Score
Staff may be making offers to push him to commit by showing him we have options. Leverage.

Reaction Score
Staff may be making offers to push him to commit by showing him we have options. Leverage.
maybe staff wanted to offer coen and stewart before peach jam? are they playing in it?

if they arent plan Bs that would mean we're looking at a potential 5 or 6 man class for '23 which would not be a surprise based on who we could lose:
castle, ball, ross, middleton, coen/stewart, singare?

Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I feel like Coen could be unrelated to Middleton considering he’s friends with Castles family. We could theoretically take both.

Reaction Score
Not really. Heard over the weekend it was a done deal and this morning i heard we are seriously in the running
Maybe one of our competitors came courting with a bigger, fatter NIL bag on Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom