Saylor is coming!!! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Saylor is coming!!!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
WOW!!!!!!!!!

An unexpected surprise. Not going to speculate on minutes. Things have a way of working themselves out, usually for the best.

And as an aside, UConn leads the nation in field goal percentage at 53.5%. Second is Ohio State at 51.9%.
Not bad for the worst shooting team Geno has ever had.
Geno was talking about long distance (3Pt) shooting where UCONN is ranked 77th in the nation. That's not a typo & 77th puts us behind South Carolina. If you were to take out Paige's numbers we be about 200th. UCONN was number 1 last year so hopefully you can see why this is a serious concern.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Very happy to have Saylor on board. Now I want UCONN to get greedy and go pick up Eleah Parker from PENN who is already in the transfer portal.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Lots of games in February against teams in the bottom half of the conference standings. Games that will be decided very early. The starters won’t need to play more than 25 minutes in those games If that many.
That’s certainly a possibility. On the other with all the starts and stops this season, UConn does not have the continuity and consistency necessary to make a run during the Big Dance, assuming WBB gets to a Big Dance. Right now Geno needs his starters and key reserves to get as many minutes playing together as possible.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Very happy to have Saylor on board. Now I want UCONN to get greedy and go pick up Eleah Parker from PENN who is already the transfer portal.
UConn is now at the point where they could potentially bump up against the scholarship limit next year. Assuming that everyone returns next season and Geno decides to award Autumn a scholarship, with 4 newcomers on board, that puts UConn at the NCAA limit of 15 scholarships. Adding another player this season, who could return next season could create an excessive numbers problem, something we’ve never seen before at UConn.

Reaction Score
That’s amazing news!! However I really don’t see her being a game changer for this team it seems that there is too much to learn and get use too. However if I’m wrong that will be GREAT. Now let’s get the other 3 to finish HS early and come join the team.

I also think this is big for next years team. Having a her get that extra time to learn and play with the team will make them all the more better.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
UConn is now at the point where they could potentially bump up against the scholarship limit next year. Assuming that everyone returns next season and Geno decides to award Autumn a scholarship, with 4 newcomers on board, that puts UConn at the NCAA limit of 15 scholarships. Adding another player this season, who could return next season could create an excessive numbers problem, something we’ve never seen before at UConn.
Scholarship limit for next season is yet TBD and expected to be above 15. Above 15 to accommodate for the extra year of eligibility granted to players that played during this season.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Where are Autumn's minutes coming from now?

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

Coaching

Reaction Score
Are there specific dates when Saylor can:

A) Date that Saylor can officially start practicing with the team, after her 10 day mandated quarantine "On Campus"?
B) The Date that Saylor will should be eligible to "Suit Up" for games?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
That’s certainly a possibility. On the other with all the starts and stops this season, UConn does not have the continuity and consistency necessary to make a run during the Big Dance, assuming WBB gets to a Big Dance. Right now Geno needs his starters and key reserves to get as many minutes playing together as possible.
I thought about that, but because UConn will be playing games every other day at times, I thought that Geno would not want to over extend his starters. You have a valid point. They are youngsters with Similac still on their breath, so playing 33-37 minutes may be what the doctor ordered to re-establish their game shape and their flow. I was thinking about possible leg fatigue.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I sure didn't see this coming. Struggling to get out from under the proverbial feather. Going to be interesting to see how the coaches and team deal and whether Saylor can have an impact. Obviously there are a couple of people who think she can.

Reaction Score
I thought about that, but because UConn will be playing games every other day at times, I thought that Geno would not want to over extend his starters. You have a valid point. They are youngsters with Similac still on their breath, so playing 33-37 minutes may be what the doctor ordered to re-establish their game shape and their flow. I was thinking about possible leg fatigue.

I long for the days of...(see above) :(

Reaction Score
well, 12 credits is the minimum you must take a semester to be eligible. Plus add in 6 credits over the summer that many of the players take so she will have 18 credits under her belt before next fall...
Which likely means she could graduate in 4 years so lets not predict a 5 year player yet....

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
and more players willing to happily sit on that bench
Before the sitting all the players on the roster (Even Paige) have got to come to the realization that they are in a fierce competition for minutes next year. Saylor addition just started the competition early for these players in particular AM, CW, NM, AG, MM, EW AE this is a great thing for those players that embrace the challenge. I don't expect all of them will.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Per Frederick News Post: Saylor has graduated early and will be heading to Storrs on Saturday.
Now we get a limited preview of what that 2022 talent log jam might look like. The pressure is on for Nika and Mir especially. Limited games, limited minutes... very hard to establish yourself. Really, no pressure on Saylor at all.

These guys need games BAD.

I can't see Saylor breaking into the regular rotation this year unless she absolutely CRUSHES in practices. No matter where she lands on the depth chart though, this is a huge advantage for her going into the expected competitive dogfight for 2022 minutes.

This was a GREAT decision for Saylor. Kudos to her for being an outstanding student and putting in the bookwork to make this possible. ??????

Reaction Score
The next few years are going to be pretty special for us folks here in the mid Atlantic region with three kids from the DMV on the roster. I hope they all have the opportunity to reach their full potential as players and people in their time at Storrs.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Good idea. Without BB in MD, she might as well move on. And since it's not gonna count against her NCAA eligibility, pretty much no brainer.

Welcome aboard Saylor. (see what I did there?)

So is she gonna be listed as a Pre-Freshman????
No not as a pre-freshman, just a deck hand this year,⚓

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom