Saylor is coming!!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Saylor is coming!!!

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Someone will have to play less, for her to play more. So, who will lose playing time?

Reaction Score
This is so exciting! Just curious, will be be on scholarship this semester? She could probably get a free masters degree too, given her already proven ability to graduate early. Will she still be considered a freshman next year and eligible for freshman of the week awards and other such things! Either way, definitely a win situation all around.

Reaction Score
Wow, great news for us and her. Hard to tell how quickly she could find a role, but one trait she might bring pretty soon is outside shooting. This year's recruits brought a ton of passing in Paige and Nika.

Next year with Azzi, Carolyn and Saylor we were bringing in the shooting reinforcements to address a relative weakness this year, but now we get some of that sooner.

Reaction Score
Thrilled since her 3 point shooting is exactly what the team needs. Happy for UConn but with Covid, will she be able to get 10 games in? Pretty big commitment on her part to go through this much effort for less than normal return.

Reaction Score
Where are Autumn's minutes coming from now?

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Talk about the right time. We have the rest of the schedule and a few make up games in conference. Another shooter and she gets a jump start on next season. Gotta wonder if any of the others will get here sooner then later. Saylor could fill a special need for UConn. A tall outside shooter who is also a scorer.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
WOW!!!!!!!!!

An unexpected surprise. Not going to speculate on minutes. Things have a way of working themselves out, usually for the best.

And as an aside, UConn leads the nation in field goal percentage at 53.5%. Second is Ohio State at 51.9%.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Someone will have to play less, for her to play more. So, who will lose playing time?
Unless there were overtime games, then they could all actually play more. :confused:

Lordy. Now I gotta figure out how to show this in the colorful roster spreadsheet ... LOL
Color her as a Freshman both this year and next. Put an asterisk indicating early entry not counted due to COVID. Alternatively just color normally and assign a new color to any players taking a COVID 5th year.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
As far as her playing time this season, I would guess that this was discussed with the coaches prior to her decision to go up north. I think the coaching staff has demonstrated this season that any player can be put in to the game at any point except maybe Piath and Autumn.
As a former resident of Frederick MD, I am looking forward to seeing a local kid on the Huskies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I just find this fascinating!

Some Dixville Notch [i.e. waaay too early] speculation:

Practice with the team starting in late January.
Geno sees how she fits in...in terms of ability/attitude/effort.
Come early and mid-February: maybe play her in a few blow-out games and see what happens.
We have a ton of games in February so there may well be opportunities for PT.

Come the conference and NCAA tourneys maybe Saylor shows enough to really help us against any team. My sense is that she is a versatile player at 6'2" or so....a combo 2/3/4 player? I anticipated her having a realistic shot at being in the rotation next year. Maybe this is a late Christmas present for this year.

I find this development potentially wonderful...for the team and for Saylor.
Go Saylor!
If nothing else, she gets a jump on making that sophomore leap while she’s still a freshman. Any help (3 point baskets) she can give her team will be welcome. UConn is still looking for help in that area. Some “consistent“ help. I’m really not expecting too much at this time.

She will begin next year way ahead on the learning curve with 12-15 games under her belt, not to mention all of the team practices she’ll have behind her.

No doubt she’s as excited to join the team as they/we are to have her. It will be interesting to watch her maturation into the fabric of team play in this unprecedented way of joining a UConn team already in mid season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Welcome Saylor, but I would not put too much pressure on her providing "consistent" 3-pt shooting help. She won't get enough playing time to get into a shooting rhythm and we have all seen how that worked out before. When Courtney Ekmark came to Uconn, even Geno made the statement that she was one of the best 3-pt shooters he has seen, but she never saw the floor long enough to get into a shooting rhythm. When Courtney transferred to Arizona and got a lot of playing time, her shooting touch came back.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Where are Autumn's minutes coming from now?

Bored Cabin Fever GIF
Lots of games in February against teams in the bottom half of the conference standings. Games that will be decided very early. The starters won’t need to play more than 25 minutes in those games If that many.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom