Saturday 3/23/2019 games | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Saturday 3/23/2019 games

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
OSU starting to pull away 27-15. Can't hit a 3 to save their life though. It's bizarre to me that a team that has been so good behind the arc for so long absolutely can't shoot the ball the last month or so.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
20-0 Baylor. Come on ESPN, switch games. This is pathetic. As non-competitive as you can get.

edit--looks like Iowa St.-New Mexico St. is a nice battle.

Reaction Score
Abilene Christian has a player named Makayla Mabry. I heard the name a few times and had to look it up myself.

Reaction Score
Why does Espn think we want to watch 26-3 Baylor game leave it for Waco and give us competition

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Boise St. cut a 14 point lead down to 4. Oregon St. back up 9 now.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
OSU 36-28 at halftime. I really don't like what I'm seeing from them. Might be lucky to get to the Sweet 16 this year. 1-8 behind the arc, most of them were wide open. They have to start knocking down some shots. Pivec w/ 12, pretty much all on layups and free throws. Slocum has been sitting w/ foul trouble.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
After Q1 of Gonzaga vs. Little Rock, I thought UALR might be the worst team in the Tourney. Nope, looks like it's Abilene.

edit--I'm sure Baylor is playing great. Just a humongous mismatch.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
So this means she’s coming back!!??

Like Felix the Cat use to say..................................Righty-O :D
C'mon Geew1992, where would Tennessee women's basketball be without Holly? :confused:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Slocum starting Q3 dribbling the life out of the ball and throwing passes to no one. She's not looking good at all today.

Reaction Score
I am curious what DeCosta's role for Baylor is gonna be next year. She has looked really good this back part of the year after being out and injured for the first part. Girl can shoot and create off the dribble.

Reaction Score
After Q1 of Gonzaga vs. Little Rock, I thought UALR might be the worst team in the Tourney. Nope, looks like it's Abilene.

edit--I'm sure Baylor is playing great. Just a humongous mismatch.
Based on the way the S curve works, isn't Abilene supposed to be the weakest team in the Tourney?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Put OSU on upset alert. They look sketchy. Slocum is struggling. Other than Pivec none of them are playing particularly well. Up 5, Boise St. will be shooting FTs after the commercial break.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Based on the way the S curve works, isn't Abilene supposed to be the weakest team in the Tourney?

Probably, but based on their placement of UALR and Mercer, hard to take the committee's word for it.

Reaction Score
Oregon State just doesn’t strike me as a great team anymore. They really, really fell off.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Tied up now. OSU has turned into Keystone Kops. They look completely inept.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oregon State just doesn’t strike me as a great team anymore. They really, really fell off.

That week where they beat Oregon, UCLA and USC was the end of their season. They've been awful since then.

Reaction Score
The constant in the dysfunction and poor play year after year is Holly. Driving away more talented players isn't going to change that. Hayes, Cooper, DeShields, and Westbrook have all been identified as the problem at various times. But no matter who goes, the unrest remains.

She can't get talented players to play well. If she runs off the the talented players for disloyalty, she'll just have untalented players playing poorly.

Winning has a way of fixing off the court issues. Get a coach who can cultivate the players' talents properly and suddenly these off-the-court issues will go away...
You did note that I said "if I was Holly and was told that I would be back"...
I have nothing against Evina or Holly as a player, coach or person, but I am of a generation where no matter the situation, a 19yo college sophomore should NEVER publicly disrespect, in any way, her coaching staff. I know nowadays that this way of thinking is no longer PC, so, oh well.....

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Goodman hit her first 3 in what feels like about a month. Ended a 12-0 BSU run. Broncos up 47-45 at the end of Q3.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Sounds like they were hounding her w/ leading questions. She mostly declined to answer them. Pretty lame of the media to put her on the spot like that right after a loss and a disappointing season. Honestly, how many times have you heard a college player asked if coaching changes need to be made? That seems wildly inappropriate to me.

Some news media people have no clue as to how to ask questions or interview someone. Many of them have no problem asking leading questions, like "do you still beat your wife?" :confused:

They just say "I'm just doing my job". Really? Some of the most un-intelligent and thoughtless questions during the year are asked at the media day during SuperBowl week. They know that one wrong answer by an athlete or coach, can lead to a bigger story, or a he said/she said controversy. Not to wonder why some coaches (Mike Ditka and Gregg Popovich) and players (Marshawn Lynch) don't like to speak to the press.

Not to go in another direction, but it was a sports reporter in the locker room that started Mark McGwire's problems with the league and MLB regarding banned substances. A reporter noticed a bottle of "Andro"(a steroid supplement) in McGwire's locker, and questioned him about it. McGwire's career began to nose dive from that point. :oops:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Some news media people have no clue as to how to ask questions or interview someone. Many of them have no problem asking leading questions, like "do you still beat your wife?" :confused:

I can kind of understand no holds barred when it comes to interviewing professional athletes. Collegiate athletes should be handled a little different I think.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Goodman rediscovered here shooting touch, but nobody else from OSU can do anything. 57-55 BSU, they have possession after a time out. 4:30 left.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom