Saturday 3/23/2019 games | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Saturday 3/23/2019 games

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I was rooting for Boise to foul Grymyk away from the ball. She was bricking FT's like crazy. Ore St. got their better FT shooters to the line in OT.

Reaction Score
Boise can join the list with Drake, Rice, and Mercer that got jobbed by the refs b/c NCAA wants the bigger school, especially hosts to advance b/c of attendance.

Reaction Score
OSU squeaks by. FTs almost killed them during most of the game but saved them at the end of the game. My decision to have them winning over Gonzaga is looking shaky, though. :p
I’d be curious about the correlation or lack thereof between first round sqeakers and second round upsets. My sense is that over the years I’ve often thought a team in the men’s tourney was overrated based on a narrow win ... and then they blow out their next opponent. But memory is selective.

Reaction Score
I’d be curious about the correlation or lack thereof between first round sqeakers and second round upsets. My sense is that over the years I’ve often thought a team in the men’s tourney was overrated based on a narrow win ... and then they blow out their next opponent. But memory is selective.
South Carolina won the championship when they lost to ASU, but a ref saved them on a horrible call with 1 sec left on the clock.

Reaction Score
Some news media people have no clue as to how to ask questions or interview someone. Many of them have no problem asking leading questions, like "do you still beat your wife?" :confused:

They just say "I'm just doing my job". Really? Some of the most un-intelligent and thoughtless questions during the year are asked at the media day during SuperBowl week. They know that one wrong answer by an athlete or coach, can lead to a bigger story, or a he said/she said controversy. Not to wonder why some coaches (Mike Ditka and Gregg Popovich) and players (Marshawn Lynch) don't like to speak to the press.

Not to go in another direction, but it was a sports reporter in the locker room that started Mark McGwire's problems with the league and MLB regarding banned substances. A reporter noticed a bottle of "Andro"(a steroid supplement) in McGwire's locker, and questioned him about it. McGwire's career began to nose dive from that point. :oops:
You do realize McGwire was guilty and should have brought down

Reaction Score
Would have to see it again, but I thought the initial deflection was clean. There was some contact in the scramble for the loose ball, but I think it was a good no-call.
She was mugged. The replay made it clear.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
She was mugged. The replay made it clear.

Just watched it again - it's close. I can't tell if Pivec actually makes contact with the Boise player's face before she pokes the ball away or not. Hard call to make in real-time. I realize I'm in the minority, though.

Reaction Score
I was only able to write that last post, after my heart was restarted. That was not a fun game to watch in person. FYI, Boise State is a very good basketball team. While I am happy to have OSU move on to play another game, I feel terrible for Boise State. How did UALR get a 12 seed, and BSU a 13 seed?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I was only able to write that last post, after my heart was restarted. That was not a fun game to watch in person. FYI, Boise State is a very good basketball team. While I am happy to have OSU move on to play another game, I feel terrible for Boise State. How did UALR get a 12 seed, and BSU a 13 seed?
These lower seeds are playing at 150% effort. This is what UConn goes through every game - it’s the opponent’s chance to make the unthinkable happen, to upset the better team, so the players play flat out. Welcome to UConn’s world.

Reaction Score
I don't mind her saying anything about the coaching staff. It's not like she was specific. She said her team has "off the court issues" and that "steps need to be taken" when talking about the coaching staff. It's vague, so it's not like she's throwing anyone under the bus. But she's basically telling the truth.

I suggest:

Not getting into foul trouble
Not coming through on offense in clutch situations
Not executing

I could go on but...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members